Atlanta Braves Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
NATI was making a strong push up the closet brave fan leader board but you've brought it weak today, and for much of the cincy series

It's been at least a couple years so there may have been more recent developments but I remember reading a story from his last year as a Brewer and his dad showing up and waiting at the clubhouse doors for him to come out with his kids, Cecil's grand kids, and Prince found out and took them out another entrance.

I'm not one to wonder about athletes and their private lives, but that relationship/story is one i would love to hear the details about.

I'm not one to wonder about athletes and their private lives, but that relationship/story is one i would love to hear the details about.

It's pretty clear from the picture.. If your dad let you eat that much and dressed you in those cubs pants, wouldn't y'all have problems?

I'm pretty sure Cecil had a massive gambling problem that prince wasn't fond of.

It's pretty clear from the picture.. If your dad let you eat that much and dressed you in those cubs pants, wouldn't y'all have problems?

I'm pretty sure Cecil had a massive gambling problem that prince wasn't fond of.

It might be. But to basically never have a relationship with your father? There has to be something else.

NATI was making a strong push up the closet brave fan leader board but you've brought it weak today, and for much of the cincy series

That's unfortunate. I don't mind the Bravo's though. Enjoyed my 6 years in the ATL and my best friend is a huge Braves fan so I'm cool with them after the Redlegs...

Black Jesus went 0-5 with 3 K's at Gwinnett today.

:(

Give it a couple more days. He probably wasn't going 100% today. When you first start doing things after the surgery, because your appendix is where your stomach is, your apprehensive and it just takes a day or two to get comfortable with it.

It might be. But to basically never have a relationship with your father? There has to be something else.

If I remember the story correctly, pretty sure a lot of it stems from his dad's relationship with his ex wife.

This is only side of the story so it's to be taken with a grain of salt but...

Cecil Fielder told Schaap the estrangement began when his marriage with Stacy began to break up, with each blaming the other for recklessly spending the fortune Cecil made as a player. He says his wife turned their two children, Prince and his sister, Cecilynn, against him.

“When you got a parent hammering that it’s going south and everything that’s going south, and everything south, and your daddy did it . . . I had nothing to do with it, it’s your dad’s fault,” Fielder told Schaap.

Fielder says it was wrong for his ex-wife to bring the children into their disagreements.

“With her mashing, she wanted to involve those children and I told her, to this day, that was the wrong thing to do,” Fielder said. “And the fact that she let him think he was the man, Prince felt that he could talk to me any way that he wanted to at that point and I was like, ‘Look dude . . . it ain’t going down like that.’ ”

If I remember the story correctly, pretty sure a lot of it stems from his dad's relationship with his ex wife.

This is only side of the story so it's to be taken with a grain of salt but...

That makes sense.

Jesus. At this rate Andy may go down as the greatest defensive SS ever. And no I will not pump the damn brakes either.

He is the best in majors now and no one is even in the same hemisphere.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 1
Jesus. At this rate Andy may go down as the greatest defensive SS ever. And no I will not pump the damn brakes either.

He is the best in majors now and no one is even in the same hemisphere.

I still don't put a whole lot of stock in defensive stats, other than on a general level -- ie, does this guy suck, or is he really good, or is he about average -- but this gibes with what I think I've been seeing. Simmons is really, really, one-in-a-decade type good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back