Atlanta Braves Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vlad was a free swinger yes, but he still had a decent walk rate during his prime (around 10%).

Granted IIRC a good percentage of those weren intentional (don't have the exact number, but I remember seeing it before(
Posted via VolNation Mobile

He draws enough walks that if he can even hit .260 he'll be a useful backup OF for years. The problem is that until this year he was hitting about .220. Maybe somebody's finally convinced him to just slap it and run. I mean, Vince Coleman couldn't really hit a baseball at all and he hit .260.

And Schafer had a couple unfornutate things happen to him that stunted his baseball growth also. He's a "young 26" if that makes sense.

Hell Mike Bourn didn't start hitting the ball well till he was 26 and only had a .284 career minor league average.

What the hell have I modded today that's causing all my google ads to be for men's underwear?

Good to see that Baseball's Best Fans are handing the story of the girl who choked to death at Wrigley with the usual amount of class.

Btw, favorite part of the evening for me was the gf seeing Kung fu panda and not believing me that he was a professional "athlete". She says that no one that fat can actually be called an athlete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back