Atlanta Braves Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just dumbfounding how they basically set him up to fail today.

I think this may take awhile anyway. I heard an interview with him today and it sounds like the surgery really threw him for a loop.

I think this may take awhile anyway. I heard an interview with him today and it sounds like the surgery really threw him for a loop.

Yeah. I know when I had it, I was back at it after a few days. I took a week off from school and was okay for a month (before the rest of my stomach issues started to occur) but sometimes surgery messes with you.

Verc you warming up to J Blaze yet?

I'm starting to wonder if maybe he's put his PED-fueled power behind him and has accepted the fact that he's a slap and tickle hitter. He's so fast that all he needs to do is make consistent contact. Maybe the reason he sucked so badly for his first 1000 plate appearances was that he was trying to prove that that power he showed in the minors wasn't a fluke? I don't know yet. Sample size is still pretty small.

Not that I mentioned Vlad, how about these numbers for 11 years?

35 homers, 112 RBI's, .325/.392/.581, 35 doubles, 149 OPS+

F5F is a RIB man. Dude is terrific with runners in scoring position. Numerous 100 RBI seasons in his future.

Hey guys, remember that time Keith Law swore up and down Freddie wasn't a power guy and that Brandon Belt would be better?

Hehehehehehehe

He's a little bit like Vlad in the sense that he can hit some bad pitches

Only difference is that Vlad never knew that an actual strike zone existed, he thought you had to swing at everything just bc a pitcher threw it.

Not that I mentioned Vlad, how about these numbers for 11 years?

35 homers, 112 RBI's, .325/.392/.581, 35 doubles, 149 OPS+

I recall going to an Expos/Braves game way back when. Got there early and the Expos were taking BP. Typical meh BP until Vlad stepped in. Sounded like gunshots going off. Totally different animal.

I'm starting to wonder if maybe he's put his PED-fueled power behind him and has accepted the fact that he's a slap and tickle hitter. He's so fast that all he needs to do is make consistent contact. Maybe the reason he sucked so badly for his first 1000 plate appearances was that he was trying to prove that that power he showed in the minors wasn't a fluke? I don't know yet. Sample size is still pretty small.

Well, even despite his previous suckage before 2013, he's always had a good batting eye. If he can just hit .265 and have something like a 13-15% walk rate, he'll find a home for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back