Atlanta Braves Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to wonder if maybe he's put his PED-fueled power behind him and has accepted the fact that he's a slap and tickle hitter. He's so fast that all he needs to do is make consistent contact. Maybe the reason he sucked so badly for his first 1000 plate appearances was that he was trying to prove that that power he showed in the minors wasn't a fluke? I don't know yet. Sample size is still pretty small.

I'm hearing the first layers of ice melting bc of JBlaze's heat!

Only difference is that Vlad never knew that an actual strike zone existed, he thought you had to swing at everything just bc a pitcher threw it.

Vlad was a free swinger yes, but he still had a decent walk rate during his prime (around 10%).

I recall going to an Expos/Braves game way back when. Got there early and the Expos were taking BP. Typical meh BP until Vlad stepped in. Sounded like gunshots going off. Totally different animal.

For 11 years, he was the best right fielder in baseball, plus was a very good defender also. Hall of Famer IMO

I'm hearing the first layers of ice melting bc of JBlaze's heat!

He is making more consistent contact this year, but I doubt he'll ever be a starting OF for a good team. But he can be a very solid 4th OF.

Great heads up play by Freddie to get the run.

Guys, B.J. Upton just got an RBI single.

Verc, pour some extra Guinness for me.

Vlad was a free swinger yes, but he still had a decent walk rate during his prime (around 10%).

I know, it was never as bad as it seemed by the time the season was over but it always seemed that you could make a highlight reel of Vlad striking out on pitches higher than eye level.

BJ stayed on a ball!
BJ stayed on a ball!
BJ stayed on a ball!
BJ stayed on a ball!

I know, it was never as bad as it seemed by the time the season was over but it always seemed that you could make a highlight reel of Vlad striking out on pitches higher than eye level.

Vladdy K rate: 10.9%

Chipper K rate: 14.2%

I know you are not hating on Vladdy btw. Dude was just a different animal tho.

Well, even despite his previous suckage before 2013, he's always had a good batting eye. If he can just hit .265 and have something like a 13-15% walk rate, he'll find a home for a long time.

He draws enough walks that if he can even hit .260 he'll be a useful backup OF for years. The problem is that until this year he was hitting about .220. Maybe somebody's finally convinced him to just slap it and run. I mean, Vince Coleman couldn't really hit a baseball at all and he hit .260.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back