Atlanta Braves Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tough to argue. He isn't deserving of that money based on past production, current production, or future potential production.

As long as BJ and Ugly is in the everyday line up, the Brave will struggle. Tough to win with 3 unproductive spots in the line up.

I want to write off this series as being across the country. But this lineup is getting me down. Average to good pitchers just seem to run through them. And the pitching isn't top notch either (since the hot start early in the year). The Giants are just better.

I want to write off this series as being across the country. But this lineup is getting me down. Average to good pitchers just seem to run through them. And the pitching isn't top notch either (since the hot start early in the year). The Giants are just better.

Agree on all points

This team has to get a high Average guy in a bad way. Not HOPE for one (Simmons, Schafer), go get one. We have plenty of XBH opportunities. We need someone who goes up there and drives in whoever the pitcher bunted over, or to score when Heyward/Upton/freeman hit.

We have to put sentiment aside with guys like (moreso) UGGLA or BJ. We aren't contending until we have guys on base for the heart of the lineup. Hudson, Medlen, minor, Beachy, anyone is good enough. The bullpen is good enough. The very top of the order is not.

We can't afford to have BJ, Dan, and a pitcher in the lineup every single day.

Last edited:
This team has to get a high Average guy in a bad way. Not HOPE for one (Simmons, Schafer), go get one. We have plenty of XBH opportunities. We need someone who goes up there and drives in whoever the pitcher bunted over, or to score when Heyward/Upton/freeman hit.

We have to put sentiment aside with guys like (moreso) UGGLA or BJ. We aren't contending until we have guys on base for the heart of the lineup. Hudson, Medlen, minor, Beachy, anyone is good enough. The bullpen is good enough. The very top of the order is not.

Agreed. Good assessment

Game 7 hockey. First off, I'm already nervous. Second, it's at 10:00 freaking PM. Third, I got to work at 7 AM tomorrow. UGH.

Still don't understand the signing of BJ. It's bad enough to have 1 Uggla in the line up, now the team has 2. Low average, low production type of guys, with many wasted at bats, but with an embarrassing large contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back