Atlanta Braves Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am actually impressed by how often bj upton is able to strike out. It's hard to not make contact that many times.

Have they talked at all about him working on his approach or shortening his swing or anything? Hopefully he is not as stubborn as Drew Stubbs.

There is a great chance that our 2 of our highest paid players will be battling it out for the strikeout title (Uggla and BJ). It'll be something to watch down the stretch.

So Parra hits a 80ft dribbler between three defenders for a double last night and the Braves keep hitting frozen ropes right at people. Damn the luck.

Also this

I mean, he's obviously bad right now and that is almost all on him but to be striking out like crazy by swinging at everything, get down 1-2 in an at bat, then battle back and work it full, properly identify ball 4 and then have the ump ring you up anyway.

That has got to feel like one real big grab your ankles moment.

I mean, he's obviously bad right now and that is almost all on him but to be striking out like crazy by swinging at everything, get down 1-2 in an at bat, then battle back and work it full, properly identify ball 4 and then have the ump ring you up anyway.

That has got to feel like one real big grab your ankles moment.

I've seen it happen to him at least three times this year. It's one of those things where people shrug their shoulders and say it'll even out..but when you're going like he's going (or not going) it's a big F'n deal

I've seen it happen to him at least three times this year. It's one of those things where people shrug their shoulders and say it'll even out..but when you're going like he's going (or not going) it's a big F'n deal

Exactly.

On the broadcast just now they stated that he is open and willing to revamp but it is going/looking "awkward".

We're screwed basically

All he has to do is put his front foot on the ground and hit with his hands. The power stroke will come later. Just barrel the thing. He has all the talent in the world.

Prado tries to go Simba and lets JBlaze have 2nd, then he doesn't tag on a ball hit to the deepest part of the park. Agree with the announcer, when it's that deep you really aren't going to be any worse off if you're still near the bag and it drops.

Jblaze not doing it pretty but he is getting on base for the heart of the order today. Finally Freddie gets us a crooked number on the board

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back