Atlanta Braves Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
memphis-grizzlies-nba-playoffs-2013-elevator.jpg

#PostMyFavoriteGrizzRelatedPic
#LotsOfTallMenInAnElevator

Reactions: 1 person
Upton's been the second-worst hitter in the majors on a park- and league-adjusted basis. For starters, his batting average on balls in play sits at .200, 118 points below his career mark. Not all of that is a fluke. He's popping out at the third-highest rate in the league, hitting fewer line drives than in any other full season of his career, and striking out in one-third of his times at bat.

Not very Bossman.

There's a whole lot of media guys who owe Russell Westbrook an abject apology.

[Full Disclosure]Grizz fan's in this thread, I agreed with guys picking Memphis to make the Finals the day the Playoffs started so this is not an attempt to make excuses or diminish this run so far.[/Full Disclosure]

I really hate the fact that some BS play/borderline cheap shot cost us the chance to see that series with Westbrook in it. I still think Memphis wins the series because their size and defense would still be too good but it would have been a whole hell of a lot more fun to watch.

[Full Disclosure]Grizz fan's in this thread, I agreed with guys picking Memphis to make the Finals the day the Playoffs started so this is not an attempt to make excuses or diminish this run so far.[/Full Disclosure]

I really hate the fact that some BS play/borderline cheap shot cost us the chance to see that series with Westbrook in it. I still think Memphis wins the series because their size and defense would still be too good but it would have been a whole hell of a lot more fun to watch.

LAC: griffins ankle
OKC: westbrooks knee
SAS: old
MIA: dwade hurt

No one (nationally) is gonna give us our due. Fine. Whatever. Won't make the parade any less sweet.

My former 10 year old self is really struggling with this but, between the Matt Kemp video from the other day and this one, I really find it hard to not kind of like the Dodgers.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qZNXRYAY-Y[/youtube]

(really hope they continue to suck this weekend though)

Reactions: 3 people

I'm not making any kind of statement about that series we just watched; Memphis looks like the most complete team in the playoffs right now anyway, especially if Wade is going to have to keep running back to the locker room during games to get, ah, "retaped." I'm saying that for years, the recurring theme by the national meda has been that Russell Westbrook is a borderline idiot who needs to GTF out of the way and let Kevin Durant play hero ball. Apparently not.

I'm not making any kind of statement about that series we just watched; Memphis looks like the most complete team in the playoffs right now anyway, especially if Wade is going to have to keep running back to the locker room during games to get, ah, "retaped." I'm saying that for years, the recurring theme by the national meda has been that Russell Westbrook is a borderline idiot who needs to GTF out of the way and let Kevin Durant play hero ball. Apparently not.

Was hoping this was your point. Durant can't lose, either.

They lost, its cause Westbrook was out. Had he not been out, it would have been because Westbrook played.

They lost, its cause Westbrook was out. Had he not been out, it would have been because Westbrook played.

Yep. Never understood why he was hated on so much. But the media gon media

Was bound to happen. Venters throws almost exactly like I did when I pitched and I had TJ as well. However, he's got about 10MPH on me :)

Barkley kept saying on TNT last night that Durant was just "trying too hard." What the hell does that even mean? I thought the whole reason everyone thinks Jordan is the Undisputed God of Basketball is because he was so hypercompetitive -- i.e., he tried so hard all the time. Sports commentary is such a giant mess of nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back