Atlanta Braves Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barkley kept saying on TNT last night that Durant was just "trying too hard." What the hell does that even mean? I thought the whole reason everyone thinks Jordan is the Undisputed God of Basketball is because he was so hypercompetitive -- i.e., he tried so hard all the time. Sports commentary is such a giant mess of nonsense.

Um, Barkley is right. Durant was forcing some shots and you could see it. He was trying to do it all himself out there instead of letting the game come to him.

I think you're confusing the interpretation of "trying to hard."

deer-bus-crash.gif

My former 10 year old self is really struggling with this but, between the Matt Kemp video from the other day and this one, I really find it hard to not kind of like the Dodgers.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qZNXRYAY-Y[/youtube]

(really hope they continue to suck this weekend though)

That's pretty awesome.

Um, Barkley is right. Durant was forcing some shots and you could see it. He was trying to do it all himself out there instead of letting the game come to him.

I think you're confusing the interpretation of "trying to hard."

Again, what exactly does that mean? He was the only good scorer playing against a great defensive team that was selling out to take him away. If he'd "let the game come to him" last night, he'd have only taken a handful of shots all night.

If Durant didn't score 25-30 points then they had no shot to win. Memphis knew that and clamped down on him. Durant had no choice but to try to score anyway, because otherwise they lose. So he took bad shots because that's all the defense was giving him. They didn't go in. If he'd waited and "let the game come to him" then people would be howling about WHAT THE HELL IS DURANT DOING IN GAME 6??? HE'S GOT TO TAKE OVER THAT GAME!!

Reactions: 2 people
I've been pretty happy so far with the hiring of Butch Jones until I found out that Torts wanted the job.

ku-medium.jpg

The only thing more entertaining than the difference in KD and Lebron narratives is hearing folks try to explain it.

Turns out that Alex Ovechkin played the last two games of the WSH-NYR series on a broken foot.

Baseball players are such frigging babies.

Fill me in. No idea what you're talking about.

"I just feel bad placing any blame on Durant because he's such a nice guy. He tries so hard."

"I mean part of you feels like placing blame on him like Lebron, but he doesn't deserve that."

"You saw what Lebron went through. all kd wants is to win."

"He just had an off night against a tough team."

"the grizzlies just played better."

"Is brooks the right guy?"

"He didn't have Russ. Or Harden."

We really acting like the reactions are at all similar? Bron still gets a crazy amount of criticism. Haters gonna hate, I know.

"I just feel bad placing any blame on Durant because he's such a nice guy. He tries so hard."

"I mean part of you feels like placing blame on him like Lebron, but he doesn't deserve that."

"You saw what Lebron went through. all kd wants is to win."

"He just had an off night against a tough team."

"the grizzlies just played better."

"Is brooks the right guy?"

"He didn't have Russ. Or Harden."

We really acting like the reactions are at all similar? Bron still gets a crazy amount of criticism. Haters gonna hate, I know.

Ok. I agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back