Atlanta Braves Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
The two questions for the Warriors:

1) Can Steph Curry's ankles hold up?

2) Do they have enough around Curry to become a championship contender? Is Barnes, Lee, and Thompson a crew that can help you to a title?

I love that Popovich benched Duncan in the 4th quarter and Duncan says "I trust what my coach is doing. He knows what is best for the team." Can you imagine D'Antoni benching Kobe Bryant in the 4th of a Game 6 elimination game for the betterment of the team? Kobe might take him to a Colorado hotel on the spot.

It's why Duncan is a top 10 player ever and why Duncan should go down as the best player of his generation.

The two questions for the Warriors:

1) Can Steph Curry's ankles hold up?

2) Do they have enough around Curry to become a championship contender? Is Barnes, Lee, and Thompson a crew that can help you to a title?

Neither of those questions will matter if they don't start playing better, more consistent defense. Good, young nucleus of Curry, Thompson, and Barnes. Lee is solid. A lot to like there. Need a little more help in the post.

Neither of those questions will matter if they don't start playing better, more consistent defense. Good, young nucleus of Curry, Thompson, and Barnes. Lee is solid. A lot to like there. Need a little more help in the post.

Barnes/Thompson will be a very dangerous wing defensive combo in the future. Lee is a "meh" defender, so is Curry. Bogut is too injury prone. Landry/Jack will be free agents next year, they need those two back, but they are having cap trouble.

I love that Popovich benched Duncan in the 4th quarter and Duncan says "I trust what my coach is doing. He knows what is best for the team." Can you imagine D'Antoni benching Kobe Bryant in the 4th of a Game 6 elimination game for the betterment of the team? Kobe might take him to a Colorado hotel on the spot.

It's why Duncan is a top 10 player ever and why Duncan should go down as the best player of his generation.

Duncan is high on my list as well. There has been insane talent across the NBA and the great or top players of all-time always have those intangibles of making those around them better than their expected potential and they win championships. Duncan definitely has both of these.

Duncan is high on my list as well. There has been insane talent across the NBA and the great or top players of all-time always have those intangibles of making those around them better than their expected potential and they win championships. Duncan definitely has both of these.

Duncan won four titles in eight years during a pretty competitive time frame. He's the best post defender of his generation too.

Bill Simmons mentioned this on the pregame show: The Tim Duncan Spurs have a .700 winning percentage. They've never won less than 50 games in a season except for the strike-shortened '98-'99 season when they still went 37-13.

No offense to our Grizzlies contingent in this thread, but as long as D-Wade is 75% and Bosh/LeBron are healthy, it's the Heat's championship. LeBron is on cruise control right now till the ECF.

I'm not convinced that Wade is close to 75 percent. And Memphis has exactly the kind of size that could make it interesting.

I don't know what the hell Wade had done to him in the locker room at the end of the 3rd quarter last night, but I'd wager heavily that it was more than just having his knee taped up again.

Duncan won four titles in eight years during a pretty competitive time frame. He's the best post defender of his generation too.

The best post defender of his generation was EATEN ALIVE in 2011. If I didn't think he was such a *****, I would have felt bad for him. He wants no part of Zach Randolph. Finesse is over. It's a man's game against memphis.

No offense to our Grizzlies contingent in this thread, but as long as D-Wade is 75% and Bosh/LeBron are healthy, it's the Heat's championship. LeBron is on cruise control right now till the ECF.

Young Bron Bron likes your comment

Attachments

• young-lebron.jpeg
    young-lebron.jpeg
    96.5 KB · Views: 0
Nati amuses me because he's a walking embodiment of complete belief in the sports cliche. Pitching beats hitting, small ball, closer mentality, etc. "Let the game come to you" was just today's basketball incarnation of it. I've never talked football with him, but I already know he thinks you've got to run the football and take care of the football and play a full 60 minutes and take it one game at a time.

I mean,

Oh nevermind...

Bron Wade and Bosh. LOL. New age of basketball. Nothing wrong with it, but like Jordan once said there would be no way in hell he would have EVER joined Magic or Bird. He wanted to beat those guys more than he wanted to win with them.

Bron Wade and Bosh. LOL. New age of basketball. Nothing wrong with it, but like Jordan once said there would be no way in hell he would have EVER joined Magic or Bird. He wanted to beat those guys more than he wanted to win with them.

He didn't have to join anyone, the Bulls gave him Scottie Pippen and arguably the best coach of all time. The Cavs gave Lebron Antawn Jameson

He didn't have to join anyone, the Bulls gave him Scottie Pippen and arguably the best coach of all time. The Cavs gave Lebron Antawn Jameson

That's true. But regardless that all moot. Jordan, Magic, Bird, Barkley et al, etc all say the same thing. Different age of basketball back then, those guys wanted to beat each other. Like I said there is nothing wrong with it. The Big 3 in Boston proved that that theory could work. NBA is a copycat league. If I had it my way, I would want the superstars dispersed more evenly so there would be more parity. I mean, the EAST could be the least competitive Conference of all time in any sport. It's a joke. The Heat are skatin'. Shouldn't be that easy to reach the Finals. Be nice to see some competitive basketball from that side.

That's true. But regardless that all moot. Jordan, Magic, Bird, Barkley et al, etc all say the same thing. Different age of basketball back then, those guys wanted to beat each other. Like I said there is nothing wrong with it. The Big 3 in Boston proved that that theory could work. NBA is a copycat league. If I had it my way, I would want the superstars dispersed more evenly so there would be more parity. I mean, the EAST could be the least competitive Conference of all time in any sport. It's a joke. The Heat are skatin'. Shouldn't be that easy to reach the Finals. Be nice to see some competitive basketball from that side.

Barkley never won a championship.

The surrounding talent on Boston and LA was obscene so Magic and Bird acting like they would never "team" up with each other cause they wanted to beat each other means exactly nothing. I mean, it's easy to sit back and say that now while at the same time ignoring the fact that they both played with multiple hall of fame players their whole career.

Celtics, Bulls, Pacers. Probably less competitive, but there are tough teams. Jordan ran **** playing with hall of famers. Just because LeBron might too doesn't mean everyone he faces sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back