Atlanta Braves Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've all had a few we ain't proud of

I didn't exactly brag to friends afterward but I still remember feeling pretty good when we were done. I'd have loved for them all to be 10s but if I'm drunk and there are two 5s, I'll take that also.

(Note that my actual advice is never to screw a woman in the place that makes a baby come out. But if you're gonna, and you want to get married/have kids, don't do what I did and play coy and push it off into your late 30s. Get it out of the way.)

You're not supposed to be celebrating your 20th anniversary while you still have a four year old whom you have to browbeat into not pissing herself every other day. Get married and get the kids out while you're reasonably young.

Or just avoid the whole kid thing altogether. World seems to be repopulating itself perfectly fine without me
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VITN....I have a drink for you.

wFhjaAw.gif

(Note that my actual advice is never to screw a woman in the place that makes a baby come out. But if you're gonna, and you want to get married/have kids, don't do what I did and play coy and push it off into your late 30s. Get it out of the way.)

Is this your way of promoting anal?

Barnes got 6 stitches and hes back out there playing

BASKETBALL PLAYER TAKES SlX STITCHES AND PLAYS, IS HAILED AS HERO

“You don’t know this, but Trevor Linden had cracked ribs and torn rib cartilage for the last four games of the 1994 Stanley Cup Final. You can’t imagine what it’s like to hear your captain, in a room down the hall, screaming at the top of his lungs as they injected the needle into his rib cage. Knowing him, he probably thought we couldn’t hear. He would then walk into our dressing room like nothing had happened. That was inspirational.”

Compare this to Jason Heyward.

1994 Eastern Conference Quarterfinal – Hospitalized with appendicitis, Patrick Roy watches his Montreal Canadiens lose Game 3 to the Boston Bruins and decides he needs to do something about it. Roy talks his doctors into letting him out of the hospital to play Game 4. Roy returns to the ice and stops 39 shots in a 5-2 Montreal win and follows that up with a 60 save overtime performance to win Game 5. The Bruins would wind up winning the series in 7 games and Roy would then have the surgery to remove his appendix.

The get-well wishes poured in for Patrick Roy, but there was no indication Friday whether the star goaltender would be back in time to save the Montreal Canadiens’ fading playoff hopes. Roy remained in the hospital for a second day after doctors postponed a decision on whether to remove his aching appendix. (LA Daily News, 1994)

“He was nervous and sad,” Roy’s wife, Michele, said. “I think his competitive instincts made his life miserable during the game. He was sick to his stomach. He was shaking. His hands were cold.” (Associated Press, 1994)

Chuck Bednarik (NFL) once tore his bicep during a game. It was gathered in a lump next to his elbow. He pushed it back to where it was supposed to be, put an Ace Bandage around it, and kept playing.

Chuck Bednarik (NFL) once tore his bicep during a game. It was gathered in a lump next to his elbow. He pushed it back to where it was supposed to be, put an Ace Bandage around it, and kept playing.

There was an article in SI years ago about bull riders and a guy did the same thing, said it rolled up to his shoulder like a window shade. Had it rolled back down in place, duct taped it in place and then got back on another bull for his next ride.

There was an article in SI years ago about bull riders and a guy did the same thing, said it rolled up to his shoulder like a window shade. Had it rolled back down in place, duct taped it in place and then got back on another bull for his next ride.

Chipper Jones was held out of the lineup for the third straight game Sunday with a sore muscle in his right side, but he passed along word that the injury is not serious.

"It's just a tweak," Jones said in a message to reporters relayed through Braves spokesman Brad Hainje.

Jones hopes to play on Wednesday, but he could be held out at least another 10 days.

Chipper Jones says sore side 'just a tweak' - USATODAY.com

The "hopes to play on Wednesday, but he could be held out at least another 10 days" makes it sound like an Onion article, but it's the real thing.

No offense to our Grizzlies contingent in this thread, but as long as D-Wade is 75% and Bosh/LeBron are healthy, it's the Heat's championship. LeBron is on cruise control right now till the ECF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back