Austin Price Comments About Lance Heard

I mentioned in another thread. I saw on some Facebook page that he was able, but was holding out for more NIL. I'm not saying that's gospel, but I did read it, and it could be completely false. I'd just wondered if anyone else heard anything when I mentioned it.
Get off of FB.

The one thing that was shown Saturday night, with Heard not playing and Campbell being injured,is we have not developed enough quality depth at OT without a drop off. Hope our coaches can continue to work this group to get better, so down the road the drop off will not be so obvious.
Oklahoma D is really good, I think they are right there with the best in the SEC. Heard may have been not 100% and getting beat would not be good for his brand, as good as the best linemen are they get beat some. it may been a back and forth discussion with his family. This OU D-Line IMO was really good, I think Josh saw that and coached accordingly.

I agree with what Hubbs said a day or 2 ago. The next two weeks I'd be getting Jesse Perry and Bennett Warren as ready as possible.

Dayne does his best and is serviceable. Johnson? Eh...
Should have these reversed lol, Dayne was terrible and both of those strip sacks was off a guy he was supposed to block Johnson was ok.

Reactions: Volfan574
I agree with what Hubbs said a day or 2 ago. The next two weeks I'd be getting Jesse Perry and Bennett Warren as ready as possible.

Dayne does his best and is serviceable. Johnson? Eh...
I’d say vice-versa on Johnson/Dayne…at least at OT.

Don't know what to make of this rumor. If it's true, look for a bunch of refusing to play players. I don't believe the Universities will negotiate with players during the season. Make for a bad precedent.

Reactions: PA Vol
Should have these reversed lol, Dayne was terrible and both of those strip sacks was off a guy he was supposed to block Johnson was ok.
Dayne is what he is at this point. Serviceable at guard but not someone you want protecting your QBs backside. Appreciate the hard work, but it's time to find someone else to step up.

Reactions: FBtime
I mentioned in another thread. I saw on some Facebook page that he was able, but was holding out for more NIL. I'm not saying that's gospel, but I did read it, and it could be completely false. I'd just wondered if anyone else heard anything when I mentioned it.
I sincerely hope you are incorrect. CJH and staff have done a fabulous job in bringing players into the program that are unselfish and team players. Everyone misses sometimes. An unselfish winning culture is what CJH brought to Rocky Top, I hope Lance gets back on the field sooner then later.

Reactions: joevol33
Wonder if the rumblings about Heard are coming from pissed media types trying to save face?

don't think so. I'm really thinking, from the things I've seen, his agent pushed for him to not try and play on a weakened ankle against a stout defensive front.

Players are going to have agents and family in their ear going forward with advice. The advice is going to be more about protecting their long term future than the current. Its just the reality of where things are. Its only going to be much worse once schools start paying athletes. We may as well get used to it.

Stoerner Fumbles has been right alot over the last few years. He's one of the handful of people who post here who appear to have legit info they don't parrot from pay sites. Also, his news is sometimes good, sometimes bad, and sometimes neutral, which is a mark of having a real source.
Lol, it is? Sounds more like a random shot in the dark. Not saying anything bad about his news, just a funny way to express his accuracy.

Have lost a little trust in AP. I know it's not all his fault but if one dosnt know just say so.

I know many of the media that follow and report on the Vols. I know without a doubt what they report / say, is due to sources that are within the football program. This includes coaches.

In this particular instance, all sources were saying he would go versus Oklahoma until mid-week when it suddenly started to appear he would not. No one was willing at that point to discuss reasons other than ankle which was the reason he was held out of Kent St game but "could have played" if SEC game. So that led to a lot of rumors.

For years, up until Pruitt hire, I had many sources that I used to get info. The thing I learned in 40 years was 1. things change when your told something and 2. at times, what your told turns out to be wrong. These situations are small in numbers and usually what you get told turns out to be correct.

My greatest example is when I posted that Lemarcus Coker had been dismissed from the team on a Wednesday. That evening he was at practice and I was roasted on message boards, for two days. Friday evening he was dismissed. The two days was due to him appealing his dismissal. Just an example of how things can change or be dynamic.

The one thing that was shown Saturday night, with Heard not playing and Campbell being injured,is we have not developed enough quality depth at OT without a drop off. Hope our coaches can continue to work this group to get better, so down the road the drop off will not be so obvious.

Actually Heup should have brought another OL in from the Portal, but I think I remember one guy he was interested in went to Vandy. HELP Is coming, but sure could use 2 more sec type OLS now....

This injury thing seems to be a trend with Heupel.

As a Panthers fan and Charlotte resident, respect for repping the logo while we suck, again. Kinda like being a VOLS fan when we were in the wilderness...but with fewer wins.

CJH has always been very tight lipped about injuries, and only reports the absolute minimum to not get fined. I am glad Venables didnt know for 2 weeks that Heard would be gone and spend it scheming up every possible blitz known to man around Nicos backside...it was nothing short of amazing that our defense immediately forced 2 fumbles on the 1st play after we turned the ball over. Glad there were only 2....

VN Store

Back