Austin Price Comments About Lance Heard

I definitely didn’t imply it was hard to understand. I said Heard would not play. AP said he would. It’s just annoying that people assume he has some insight beyond the company line.
So what's the deal here? I also heard his agent told him to hold out

Honestly, we don't have to have him until the Bama game.

I would prefer he be out there getting reps prior to Bama. We should remember, he is not all that experienced. Lot of talent but you can't ignore how important reps and experience are before going against stud DLs.

Just my thoughts.

I would think asking for more NIL now would lower his draft stock. Bad look’
Not a NIL issue apparently. It's more that he doesn't want to play through an injury. It's likely a smart move long term for him, even if it isn't the sort of tough it out attitude that we like we see from guys like Campbell and Mays.

Arkansas is 8th nationally in total offense, and I hope they aren't able to accomplish what OK's backup qb did in the 4th quarter. Being a road game we definitely don't need to be overlooking them.
Not over looking them, like Tennessee's offensive numbers, Arkansas's are skewed by weaker competition aswell. They played a horrible Auburn team last week and only put up 330yds of offense.

Arkansas is 8th nationally in total offense, and I hope they aren't able to accomplish what OK's backup qb did in the 4th quarter. Being a road game we definitely don't need to be overlooking them.
Or overestimating them. They abused a bad FCS team to distort their stats. Last week against Auburn they had 334 yds. Auburn at #62 nationally appears to be the "best" D they've faced. In the previous week, Auburn gave up about 450 yds to New Mexico. UAB is actually ranked 40th in total D but their other opponents were ULM and Alcorn St. Oklahoma State is currently ranked 126th out of 134 teams in total D. They really haven't stopped anyone.

Don't overlook Arkansas. They are potentially dangerous. But also don't pretend they've played a D even in the same universe as UT.

Since there is a ton of depth on the dline, and not as much on the other side, is there any way you move one of the guys? It is not ideal, and I know it is a new position. However, it would be easier than doing the opposite.

You certainly can't bank on this fact, particularly in an SEC game on the road, but I don't think Arkansas is particularly well-coached. Penalties, turnovers, just generally doing things to give games away. I want to see an A+ game every game obviously, but if we just play fairly well and limit mistakes I think Arkansas will likely make several and we end up pulling away.

Arky looked very pedestrian vs a mediocre Auburn team. Granted, Green had a lot of total yards, but he completed less than 50% of his passes and threw 2 ugly picks. If Auburn had any sort of offense, they could have a had 3-4 score lead by the end of the 3Q when Arky finally started to click offensively.

I advise a lot of you guys to not just immediately believe this rumor about him holding out for NIL and then also spreading said rumor around. This fanbase is great, but we also have a lot of chronically online psychos who will tweet at players and recruits over every little thing, and I don't think we need to put this thought into those people's minds before we know for sure what's going on
These are the same people who will scream to fire Banks the minute our defense gives up a TD or has a couple of bad series. BTW-can we officially put that narrative to bed? Sorry, probably for another thread.

Since there is a ton of depth on the dline, and not as much on the other side, is there any way you move one of the guys? It is not ideal, and I know it is a new position. However, it would be easier than doing the opposite.
It's way harder to play Oline than Dline. Much more of a technique position. Maybe if the staff had the spring to coach them up but can't see any transition during the year and would in no way be ready to play.

Reactions: walkenvol

No...we already have depth and whoever that depth is would be better than a DL switching to the OL.

It’s absolutely in no way easier than doing the opposite. Much more goes into the oline, you’d be sending someone out to get whipped putting them there on a whim.

Stoerner Fumbles has been right alot over the last few years. He's one of the handful of people who post here who appear to have legit info they don't parrot from pay sites. Also, his news is sometimes good, sometimes bad, and sometimes neutral, which is a mark of having a real source.

Good for him, I'll still go with someone actually connected to the program.

don't think so. I'm really thinking, from the things I've seen, his agent pushed for him to not try and play on a weakened ankle against a stout defensive front.

Players are going to have agents and family in their ear going forward with advice. The advice is going to be more about protecting their long term future than the current. Its just the reality of where things are. Its only going to be much worse once schools start paying athletes. We may as well get used to it.
This is what I heard as well and from a very reliable source. I don’t like it at all but surely 4 weeks is enough time to get his ankle fully healthy

UT has depth on the OL or they wouldn't have survived so far. No one has depth so great that injuries can't push through it. Considering OU has a pretty good DL, I thought Johnson showed some promise. He probably earned more looks from the staff. I truly appreciate Davis... but the guy needs to be strictly a back up who spells the starters. He's not athletic enough to stand up to top tier DLs.

The Vols have other talented players in development. You would rather take your time but they might have to get someone like Warren ready to go as the primary back up if Heard or someone else isn't available over the long haul.

Over the last 20 years, we've seen times when the Vols had 5 or 6 credible OLs at best and behind them were guys who shouldn't have been on the roster. This isn't like that.

I don’t buy the rumors that Heard is sitting out for money.

It all stems from rumors put out by media that heard could have played against Kent State but they wanted to hold him for Oklahoma. But then of course he didn’t play.

It just makes more sense that the coaches were playing coy and putting false info out there so that Oklahoma was preparing to take on Heard when they knew it was unlikely. Why tip your hand?

I mentioned in another thread. I saw on some Facebook page that he was able, but was holding out for more NIL. I'm not saying that's gospel, but I did read it, and it could be completely false. I'd just wondered if anyone else heard anything when I mentioned it.
If this be the case the FIRE HIM!!!

VN Store

Back