Austin Price Comments About Lance Heard

Should have these reversed lol, Dayne was terrible and both of those strip sacks was off a guy he was supposed to block Johnson was ok.

Dave Hooker said that Dayne had been practising at RT all week so that likely made a difference in his performance. If he practises at LT the next 2 weeks he should be better. Hopefully everything gets worked out with Heard and Davis can go back to playing RT.

I mentioned in another thread. I saw on some Facebook page that he was able, but was holding out for more NIL. I'm not saying that's gospel, but I did read it, and it could be completely false. I'd just wondered if anyone else heard anything when I mentioned it.
Heard it on Facebook? Dam it’s true its true

Dave Hooker said that Dayne had been practising at RT all week so that likely made a difference in his performance. If he practises at LT the next 2 weeks he should be better. Hopefully everything gets worked out with Heard and Davis can go back to playing RT.
It’s worth noting that Davis didn’t simply get whipped 1-on-1 when he gave up the first sack. He was just slow to recognize the blitz and pick up his man.

I would think asking for more NIL now would lower his draft stock. Bad look’
He’s not asking for more NIL money.

Ankle supposedly isn’t 100% yet. I’m glad he didn’t play at this point with that field being in the shape it was. Some guys are going to play until they’re physically unable to play like Campbell. Sucks that he missed but the games we absolutely need him are coming up.

OTH sports talked about Heard missing the Ok game. They basically said it was NIL and he wanted to renegotiate this mid-season.
Hooker said no way should CJH give in and Caleb said they should. Definitely the younger generations think an agreement / contract means nothing. I’m old, so I say cut bait and let him go now and cut his NIL now.

I advise a lot of you guys to not just immediately believe this rumor about him holding out for NIL and then also spreading said rumor around. This fanbase is great, but we also have a lot of chronically online psychos who will tweet at players and recruits over every little thing, and I don't think we need to put this thought into those people's minds before we know for sure what's going on

OTH sports talked about Heard missing the Ok game. They basically said it was NIL and he wanted to renegotiate this mid-season.
Hooker said no way should CJH give in and Caleb said they should. Definitely the younger generations think an agreement / contract means nothing. I’m old, so I say cut bait and let him go now and cut his NIL now.
Don’t believe everything you hear

M
He’s not asking for more NIL money.

Ankle supposedly isn’t 100% yet. I’m glad he didn’t play at this point with that field being in the shape it was. Some guys are going to play until they’re physically unable to play like Campbell. Sucks that he missed but the games we absolutely need him are coming up.
thats what I thought also….i said the above to point out the obvious….100 percent agree

I don't know much about NIL or economics in general, but that seems like a losing strategy for anyone. I don't know how long I'd keep my job if I told my boss I was done working until I got a raise.
Depends 100% on how replaceable you are. I’m not a big fan of hardball negotiating like that, but it can pay off if you really have the leverage, are actually prepared to walk, and handle it in a way that doesn’t burn bridges. A delicate dance for sure though.

Edit: I’m not in any way saying that that’s what’s going on with Heard. AFAIK he’s just recovering from a sprained ankle.

Last edited:
Lol, it is? Sounds more like a random shot in the dark. Not saying anything bad about his news, just a funny way to express his accuracy.
I've been on these sites since the late 90's, and in my experience dudes whose news are nearly all positive or all negative generally have an agenda, not a source.

If he still is injured, let that ankle heal. But if he is balking on NIL midseason cut him and get rid of the cancer before it infects others because we have stated we will pay on our end but you all so must uphold your part.

I've been on these sites since the late 90's, and in my experience dudes whose news are nearly all positive or all negative generally have an agenda, not a source.
Do you remember VolunteerInsider? Which was later shortened to Vol Insider.... First page I can recall about Vol recruiting and such ..
I remember they were talking about Georgia and South Carolina tryna come in last minute and steal Albert Haynesworth from us.

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
Do you remember VolunteerInsider? Which was later shortened to Vol Insider.... First page I can recall about Vol recruiting and such ..
I remember they were talking about Georgia and South Carolina tryna come in last minute and steal Albert Haynesworth from us.
That's a blast from the past. I remember when Rivals was called Border Wars. First recruiting class I followed online was when we got Jamal Lewis.

don't think so. I'm really thinking, from the things I've seen, his agent pushed for him to not try and play on a weakened ankle against a stout defensive front.

Players are going to have agents and family in their ear going forward with advice. The advice is going to be more about protecting their long term future than the current. Its just the reality of where things are. Its only going to be much worse once schools start paying athletes. We may as well get used to it.
Yep, if he went out there and he got beat a couple of times which is very possible playing a top SEC D, like happened and QB gets hit. Then his Family and ear ppl will say you just lost million future $$ coming back too soon vs future NFL guys.

I definitely didn’t imply it was hard to understand. I said Heard would not play. AP said he would. It’s just annoying that people assume he has some insight beyond the company line.
guy has lunch with Huep. Huep says nothing, at all. AP is a relationship guy 1st, its who he is. Its exactly nothing more than that.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Davis was bad at RT too. He was whipped at RT on the 2nd sack.

Johnson is clearly our 3rd best OT and played pretty well against a really good front. He should not only be the next man up after the 2 starters, but I think he should platoon with Campbell to manage his knee.

Reactions: VAVol85

VN Store

Back