Baltimore Unrest

State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby had greatly overreached in charges against 6 officers and this is one of the results of her action.

Totally cowardly, politically motivated and unjust. In trying to assuage the anger she has only made it worse by not doing the right thing based on the facts of the matter. The repercussions are still yet to come, unfortunately for Baltimore.

Reactions: 2 people
Saw earlier in the week where they forced one officer to testify against this guy. Turns out his testimony was really bad for the prosecution and bad for the case against all of them. Only one person (driver) is responsible for properly securing the suspect and apparently none of the "new rules" that are being used as justification were part of training these officers received.

This guy (Nero) apparently has zero responsibility for securing him in the van or anything after that. Stupid to charge him for anything let alone for the death of FG.

As 37L1 says, it was an overreach attempt for political reasons. In the end it will make matters worse.

Saw earlier in the week where they forced one officer to testify against this guy. Turns out his testimony was really bad for the prosecution and bad for the case against all of them. Only one person (driver) is responsible for properly securing the suspect and apparently none of the "new rules" that are being used as justification were part of training these officers received.

This guy (Nero) apparently has zero responsibility for securing him in the van or anything after that. Stupid to charge him for anything let alone for the death of FG.

As 37L1 says, it was an overreach attempt for political reasons. In the end it will make matters worse.

Really it's a win win for her. The charges curried favor amongst the populace. Guilty verdicts appease the masses and helps to "even" things. Not guilty verdicts show continued systemic racism that must be protested. No way for her to lose.

Reactions: 1 person

Not knowing all of the cases nuances it would seem to me that the driver of the vehicle, like you said, is ultimately responsible for not only securing the passengers but not driving like a moron.

Probably should have been the guy driving the van around like a Grecian taxi cab driver late for free shots of ouzo.

It sure looks like whatever happened to him came before he went in the van. Watch the video when they pull him up and drag him to the van. He appeared completely incapable of walking or standing.

Not knowing all of the cases nuances it would seem to me that the driver of the vehicle, like you said, is ultimately responsible for not only securing the passengers but not driving like a moron.
How many people were killed this week by texters? just say'n.

Mayor's comments were all about how now that the criminal part is over it's time for Nero's administrative review...

Damn I bet the cops hate that woman.

Something happened in the van to cause the injury. I have a feeling the driver was the only officer to not give a statement for a reason. Perhaps he was a little too rough with Mr. Gray. But only charging the drive would not fit the mayor's agenda.

Time for a good burning and looting.. Then complain there is no fresh vegetables to buy and place to get their meds filled

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Found this odd..the guy who drove the van like an imbecile which directly led to the injuries to the guy which led to his death gets off?....ok..

Didn't video prove otherwise? I don't have any knowledge directly but the theme on fox news (yeah yeah I know) is that video showed the driving wasn't harmful and no laws were broken outside of a California roll through a stop sign and a mild wide turn that lessened the forces of the folks in the van.

Didn't video prove otherwise? I don't have any knowledge directly but the theme on fox news (yeah yeah I know) is that video showed the driving wasn't harmful and no laws were broken outside of a California roll through a stop sign and a mild wide turn that lessened the forces of the folks in the van.

I'm not sure. I just figured if the guy sustained injuries in the van it was either from terrible driving or, like some speculated early on, the guy did it to himself in the van.

I'm not sure. I just figured if the guy sustained injuries in the van it was either from terrible driving or, like some speculated early on, the guy did it to himself in the van.

Look at the video - something very wrong with him before he was even put in the van.

Honestly this was the state's best chance at a conviction. Truth be told, if I were in charge, I would drop the charges against the remaining officers. I think it would be better to have what angry response that comes all at once than building it up four more times.

VN Store

Back