Bama, Georgia and everyone else.

I'm skeptical that you know how to tie your shoes,

Meanwhile, if you don't think Georgia's numerous scrapes with the Law constitute an unhealthy Culture...or if YOU don't think there will be MULTIPLE transfers OUT of Bama at the end of the Season (*mark my words) ...then I doubt you spent much time in locker rooms/on team sports...Sport!
Lol, ok sport. I spent more time playing football than most. But you answered my question while attempting to be a smart ass. You’re just guessing, I’m convinced you don’t even know what constitutes a healthy locker room…..SPORT!

You think we allow back to back bombs in the final 2 minutes like those two fraudulent teams did tonight? Our defense is better than them.

We're playing like the Alabama and Georgia of old. We are the team with the #1 defense. While these two teams look vulnerable defensively.

Vols will beat them both this year.
Our #1 defense is a result of four very poor offenses we’ve played with OU being the best we’ve seen. Our D line and linebacker corp is solid. We still don’t know all that much about our secondary until we see them up against a real offense. OU offense is far below what we’re going to see when Alabama rolls in here. Georgia for that matter, too. Milroe is an enormous problem for any defense, throwing or running. Arkansas will likely tell us more about we have or don’t have than Florida will.

I'm skeptical that you know how to tie your shoes,

Meanwhile, if you don't think Georgia's numerous scrapes with the Law constitute an unhealthy Culture...or if YOU don't think there will be MULTIPLE transfers OUT of Bama at the end of the Season (*mark my words) ...then I doubt you spent much time in locker rooms/on team sports...Sport!
On second thought I should have responded this way: We are just at opposite ends of this. I was asking how you knew and I guess I was being a smart ass a bit and it probably rightfully rubbed you the wrong way, I apologize for that. Hell, who knows perhaps you’re right. But it’s just something we disagree on for now, time will likely tell. No hard feelings from this side, I just responded before I thought about trying not to be an a-hole.

Reactions: praxite33
Well I guess we'll see how good Tennessee is within the next two weeks.
Need to eliminate some of those dumb penalties.
Very fortunate to get both turnovers back in Tennessee territory against The boomers

Our #1 defense is a result of four very poor offenses we’ve played with OU being the best we’ve seen. Our D line and linebacker corp is solid. We still don’t know all that much about our secondary until we see them up against a real offense. OU offense is far below what we’re going to see when Alabama rolls in here. Georgia for that matter, too. Milroe is an enormous problem for any defense, throwing or running. Arkansas will likely tell us more about we have or don’t have than Florida will.

- Chattanooga was a cupcake. We’ll find out how good they are against NC St.

- NC St. was overrated. We weren’t really tested.

- Kent St was a cupcake. We’ll find out how really good this team is against Oklahoma in Norman.

- Oklahoma was overrated. We still haven’t been tested on offense.

How many times are you guys to shift this narrative every time we win?

So if we beat Arkansas, they’ll also be overrated and we haven’t really beat anybody?

How about admitting we have a damn good football team this year instead of downplaying them? Just a thought.

What a game.

Georgia wins this game by a larger margin in Athens.

We are now seeing the best at this point in the season of GA and Bama, and I haven’t seen a team that can hang with this.

Either way, same ole same ole.

I think this is what we expected,

Albeit, when you consider what we have seen so far, the margin is smaller.

I expect to see more separation between these two from the rest of the pack as well as between the tier 2 teams to create a 5th tier.

I think TX will either join Bama and Georgia, or join some teams in tier 2 that separate themselves from the rest.

As of now, I think you have to put a lot of teams in tier 2.

Tier 1 = Bama, Georgia

Tier 2 = LSU, SC, KY, Ole Miss, Tennessee, TX

Tier 3 = TA&M, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Florida, Vanderbilt, Missouri

Tier 4 = Miss St, Auburn

Tennessee has a heck of a challenge ahead of itself.. I think we have been a little high on ourselves considering the stats we have put up and the competition we have faced so far.

Tennessee has to get a LOT better. I also think this bye week, while early, came at a very good time.

If we stay healthy and get better… who knows? But as of now, it seems we may be a big step away from beating GA or Alabama.
Da fuq? You haven't watched TN games? Our Team is elite, despite what some of our fans think. Why are we elite? Because of our defense.

Dude yes. Our fans need to realize we are good! We can hang and beat anyone. This “it’s over for the us before we start,” mindset is weak. Cmon mannnnnnnn
Our o line is a major weakness. WRs still look like the same unit from last year that struggled to get open. And our defense, especially the secondary hasn't even faced an offense with a pulse.

I would say it this way...we compare with these teams across the board except for in a few spots...

1) Milroe is a monster. Nico can run, but not like that.
2) Bama has the WR who can kill you every play. We don't have that.
3) Bama's TE is a stud. He concerns me.

Where we are better...

1) I like our RB room better.
2) I think our front 7 is a bit faster and deeper than both (can't believe I am saying that).
3) I think our team is really hungry. I saw complacency from both teams in this game at points.

- Kent St was a cupcake. We’ll find out how really good this team is against Oklahoma in Norman.

So if we beat Arkansas, they’ll also be overrated and we haven’t really beat anybody?

How about admitting we have a damn good football team this year instead of downplaying them? Just a thought.
I agree on all points. I will even add the Kent State game is a sneaky great win. How many teams can score 65 in one half without even trying? We did what we were supposed to in that game and more. And 51 points against NC State is no slouch performance either. The Oklahoma game was never really in doubt and there was a lot going against us in that game.

I’ll agree we really don’t know what we have until deeper into the season, but there is zero evidence we are just scraping by waiting to be exposed or UGA/Bama will just run us off the field.

Reactions: vegasvolfan
Da fuq? You haven't watched TN games? Our Team is elite, despite what some of our fans think. Why are we elite? Because of our defense.
Have you been watching? Our defense has yet to play a good offense. Let alone an elite offense with an elite OL and QB that can sling it, and an elite RB that can run it.

Ole Miss put up better stats on D against KY than we did against OK, and KY has a better offense than OK. Are they elite on D?

If anything has been tested, it’s been our offense going up against OK’s defense.

Have you been watching? Our defense has yet to play a good offense. Let alone an elite offense with an elite OL and QB that can sling it, and an elite RB that can run it.

Ole Miss put up better stats on D against KY than we did against OK, and KY has a better offense than OK. Are they elite on D?

If anything has been tested, it’s been our offense going up against OK’s defense.
Defense shut out every offense they played though. They did what you expect great defenses to do. We've kept every team.below their average. Be ffr.....the 1st team that Bama played with a pulse, is UGA. Same for UGA. Wisconsin and Clemson are trash. Oklahoma’s defense is better than KY, and CJH stated that they dialed the offense back. We went conservative and scored when we needed to. Be for real.

I think we are a good team. I’m not downplaying them at all. The fact remains our first three opponents aren’t very good. That’s not debatable. OU had a pretty good defense and Heupel backed off a bit. He’s not going to have the option of protecting Nico that way going into the teeth of the SEC schedule. Saying we still don’t know how good we are isn’t an insult to the team. We will only know how could we are when we stand toe to toe with two of the best teams in the country. Our earlier games tell us exactly ZERO about that. It’s an entirely different ballgame coming up over the next few weeks. I just don’t subscribe to misplaced optimism. I subscribe to facts and objective observations.

Actually , I believe you are correct. GA showed how to stop Bama, and AL showed how to rattle GA.

Vols have the defense to do both, and the offense to put up points.

There is fantastic film for the Vols in this game.
Both of those teams trounce TN if we play that game right now.

Not remotely close. Bama is great, but they are young in the secondary.

UGA got exposed bad. Beck is not QB1 in next year's draft. He folds like a lawn chair under pressure. Bama played prevent in the second half and let him sit back and pick them apart.

I've been saying all year that UGA lacks the elite skill players they've had in the past when they needed a big play. That was evident last night.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
I think we are a good team. I’m not downplaying them at all. The fact remains our first three opponents aren’t very good. That’s not debatable. OU had a pretty good defense and Heupel backed off a bit. He’s not going to have the option of protecting Nico that way going into the teeth of the SEC schedule. Saying we still don’t know how good we are isn’t an insult to the team. We will only know how could we are when we stand toe to toe with two of the best teams in the country. Our earlier games tell us exactly ZERO about that. It’s an entirely different ballgame coming up over the next few weeks. I just don’t subscribe to misplaced optimism. I subscribe to facts and objective observations.
They've shown you how good they are every week. What games have you been watching. Do you not know how elite your defense has to be, for you to go straight conservative for an entire half, and still win comfortably.

Reactions: posivol
This is the worst BVS I’ve seen to date. No way anyone should exclude UT from the upper tier…especially when you’ve seen UT play either team how many times?

Vols might ultimately lose to both teams, but I concede nothing. This looks like a potentially great Vol team.

🤞
Vols might ultimately lose to both teams…

VN Store

Back