Bama, Georgia and everyone else.

I was speaking about the SEC. How would you recat that one? Curious.

Strictly SEC, here's how I'd list it based solely on roster talent...

Tier 1

Georgia, Alabama, Texas

Tier 2

Tennessee, Ole Miss, LSU, Texas A&M, Oklahoma.

Tier 3

Auburn, Arkansas, Kentucky, Florida, Missouri, South Carolina.

Tier 4

Mississippi State, Vanderbilt

Georgia destroyed Clemson who destroyed NC St. They are much better than any team we faced. And they played each other. OK squeaked by Auburn. We haven’t faced anything like these two teams. They will beat us badly if we don’t improve drastically at OL.

Transitive property doesn't work in sports. If that's the case then South Carolina should trounce Georgia since they hammered Kentucky while Georgia only won by 2 points.

You ready to say South Carolina is a better team than Georgia?

Somwone seems to get it. That same overrated team struggled with Auburn. Also, NC St was destroyed by Clemson who was destroyed by Georgia.
And NC State was without their starting QB vs Clemson and started a true freshman , but just yesterday also beat N. Illinois who beat Notre Dame at Notre Dame, who has beaten aTm and Louisville. Then there’s UK who got blown out at home by USCjr, but nearly beats UGA and then wins at Ole Miss.

There’s a lot of moving parts here.

Call it BVS all you want, but I saw speed, size, and athleticism on both sides of the ball last night that, frankly, we don't have an abundance of yet.

You need to get your eyes checked then. No team has the physicality and athleticism we possess. Let's revisit this statement in 3 weeks after we handle Alabama. I'd like to see how you explain that outcome if this is what your eyes are telling you.

I love our Vols. I love this team! But anyone looking through objective eyes can see that Alabama and Georgia are playing a different level of football right now. It is what it is. Hate to say it but unless we grow a LOT through the Arkansas and Florida games, we will get exposed badly when we play them.

Reactions: VolForLife83
I don’t think we have the offensive line yet to beat those 2 teams. Especially if someone gets hurt on the OL. We are by no means bad, we are really good I’d say tier 2 minimum. We should still go 10-2

Simply great comedy.

It's true. We are the #1 defense in college football this year while Georgia and Alabama are out here giving up 500 yards of total offense to each other looking like Big 12 defenses.

Defense wins championships. And right now nobody is playing better defense than we are. We are actually playing like the Alabama and Georgia of old while the game we saw last night is a game straight from the Big 12 circa 2016.

You need to get your eyes checked then. No team has the physicality and athleticism we possess. Let's revisit this statement in 3 weeks after we handle Alabama. I'd like to see how you explain that outcome if this is what your eyes are telling you.

No need to explain. I'll happily say I was wrong (something that's not uttered enough on here). I dont think I am though.

Strictly SEC, here's how I'd list it based solely on roster talent...

Tier 1

Georgia, Alabama, Texas

Tier 2

Tennessee, Ole Miss, LSU, Texas A&M, Oklahoma.

Tier 3

Auburn, Arkansas, Kentucky, Florida, Missouri, South Carolina.

Tier 4

Mississippi State, Vanderbilt

Roster talent based on what? Recruiting rankings or eye test? Cause if you mean recruiting rankings then we're Tier 3 at best.

If you instead use your eyes then it's obvious we have the most talented roster in the country. I ain't trading our roster for anybody. Especially not Alabama or Georgia.

I love our Vols. I love this team! But anyone looking through objective eyes can see that Alabama and Georgia are playing a different level of football right now.

Why? Because they looked like a couple of Big 12 teams trading touchdowns in the final 2 minutes?

It's funny how flashy offense causes folks to lose their senses. Defense wins championships. And neither one of those two teams looks like a championship defensive team anymore.

What a game.

Georgia wins this game by a larger margin in Athens.

We are now seeing the best at this point in the season of GA and Bama, and I haven’t seen a team that can hang with this.

Either way, same ole same ole.

I think this is what we expected,

Albeit, when you consider what we have seen so far, the margin is smaller.

I expect to see more separation between these two from the rest of the pack as well as between the tier 2 teams to create a 5th tier.

I think TX will either join Bama and Georgia, or join some teams in tier 2 that separate themselves from the rest.

As of now, I think you have to put a lot of teams in tier 2.

Tier 1 = Bama, Georgia

Tier 2 = LSU, SC, KY, Ole Miss, Tennessee, TX

Tier 3 = TA&M, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Florida, Vanderbilt, Missouri

Tier 4 = Miss St, Auburn

Tennessee has a heck of a challenge ahead of itself.. I think we have been a little high on ourselves considering the stats we have put up and the competition we have faced so far.

Tennessee has to get a LOT better. I also think this bye week, while early, came at a very good time.

If we stay healthy and get better… who knows? But as of now, it seems we may be a big step away from beating GA or Alabama.
We can beat both those teams, and I feel strongly we will beat one of them. This year’s team is closer to Bama/UGA than any in a long time. Yes, we beat Bama in ‘22, but defense was not very good. This year, defense will make the difference. We’re not as far off as you might think.

Why? Because they looked like a couple of Big 12 teams trading touchdowns in the final 2 minutes?

It's funny how flashy offense causes folks to lose their senses. Defense wins championships. And neither one of those two teams looks like a championship defensive team anymore.
I dont just look at offenses or defenses. I look at individuals. I look at size, athleticism, speed, etc. Top to bottom, Alabama and Georgia have way more of that than we do.

I dont just look at offenses or defenses. I look at individuals. I look at size, athleticism, speed, etc. Top to bottom, Alabama and Georgia have way more of that than we do.

I would say we look more athletic than them. Just look at it this way. Mike Matthews is a stud 5-star true freshman (who in my opinion is just as good as Ryan Williams) but he can't crack our starting lineup. Neither can 5-star Jordan Ross. But Alabama had a freshman starting at CB who got the game saving pick and obviously Ryan Williams got the game winning TD.

We don't need true freshman saving us. That should tell you how talented we are.

I would say we look more athletic than them. Just look at it this way. Mike Matthews is a stud 5-star true freshman (who in my opinion is just as good as Ryan Williams) but he can't crack our starting lineup. Neither can 5-star Jordan Ross. But Alabama had a freshman starting at CB who got the game saving pick and obviously Ryan Williams got the game winning TD.

We don't need true freshman saving us. That should tell you how talented we are.

It's funny you bring that up. The Circus catch that 17 year old Ryan Williams made last night, absolutely nobody starting on our roster has demonstrated that level of concentration and athleticism. And yet there Mike Matthews sits on the bench, having barely played. Where the hell is OUR 5 star freshman? I dont think it's because our starters are so much better, I just think our staff has a strong belief in starting upper classmen over freshmen.

4 Tiers = 4 Teams per Tier 2024 Season to date

Tier 1

Alabama, Texas, Georgia, Tennessee

Tier 2

LSU, Ole Miss, Oklahoma, Missouri

Tier 3

Texas A&M, Arkansas, South Carolina, Kentucky,

Tier 4

Auburn, Florida, Mississippi State, Vanderbilt

Not sure what to take away from this game. UGA didn’t show up until halftime, Bama looked like they packed it in at halftime.

Last night makes me wonder about DeBoer’s in game adjustments. I’d say every team he’s ever had down by 28 quit. Now DeBoer is a 70 yard bomb away from blowing a massive lead at home. I’ve already seen Bama fans saying “that comeback would’a never’a happen’ with Saban.”

Reactions: TN1111

VN Store

Back