Bama, Georgia and everyone else.

This thread is gonna be filled with receipts no matter how the season goes. As with most things in life, the answer lies somewhere in the middle of most of this drivel. We are a good, potentially great, team that has to prove it against top tier competition. (Which we've yet to play)

All last night showed was that Georgia is still Georgia and Bama is still Bama.

The difference is we can hang with them this year. Our defense alone gives us a legit shot against anyone in the country.

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
What a game.

Georgia wins this game by a larger margin in Athens.

We are now seeing the best at this point in the season of GA and Bama, and I haven’t seen a team that can hang with this.

Either way, same ole same ole.

I think this is what we expected,

Albeit, when you consider what we have seen so far, the margin is smaller.

I expect to see more separation between these two from the rest of the pack as well as between the tier 2 teams to create a 5th tier.

I think TX will either join Bama and Georgia, or join some teams in tier 2 that separate themselves from the rest.

As of now, I think you have to put a lot of teams in tier 2.

Tier 1 = Bama, Georgia

Tier 2 = LSU, SC, KY, Ole Miss, Tennessee, TX

Tier 3 = TA&M, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Florida, Vanderbilt, Missouri

Tier 4 = Miss St, Auburn

Tennessee has a heck of a challenge ahead of itself.. I think we have been a little high on ourselves considering the stats we have put up and the competition we have faced so far.

Tennessee has to get a LOT better. I also think this bye week, while early, came at a very good time.

If we stay healthy and get better… who knows? But as of now, it seems we may be a big step away from beating GA or

Let’s be honest. Yes, number one. But who have we played that had an
lol… Beck has 4 turnovers and 53 percent passing, what big plays he had where blown coverages by Bama, or under thrown balls. Georgia is average at best on the OL and their LBs are slow. Will say Bama as always do have a dynamic receiver but Milroe has his moments as well. He also has his flaws. That last TD was a
Have you been watching? Our defense has yet to play a good offense. Let alone an elite offense with an elite OL and QB that can sling it, and an elite RB that can run it.

Ole Miss put up better stats on D against KY than we did against OK, and KY has a better offense than OK. Are they elite on D?

If anything has been tested, it’s been our offense going up against OK’s defense.
Beck last night….4 turnovers….53 percent passing….threw it 50 times for 400 yds and half them yds came on blown coverages……elite stats for sure!!!!!

Reactions: Dobbs 4 Heisman
lol… Beck has 4 turnovers and 53 percent passing, what big plays he had where blown coverages by Bama, or under thrown balls. Georgia is average at best on the OL and their LBs are slow. Will say Bama as always do have a dynamic receiver but Milroe has his moments as well. He also has his flaws. That last TD was a

Beck last night….4 turnovers….53 percent passing….threw it 50 times for 400 yds and half them yds came on blown coverages……elite stats for sure!!!!!
Still didn’t answer, who have we played that has an offense

I dont just look at offenses or defenses. I look at individuals. I look at size, athleticism, speed, etc. Top to bottom, Alabama and Georgia have way more of that than we do.
My eyes tell me that our D is better especially at D Line. Hopefully, that makes all the difference.

The O just needs experience to find its balance so let’s just focus on the next opponent and take nothing for granted.

Go Vols!

My take as I watched the game was comparing position players. Would I take that position player over our position player? Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Our DL is better than either team and IMO not that close. RB we are better, oerall recieving group we are better. But closer to even overall than we have been in many years. Our team is on par with the elite teams now by position. Comes down to who plays best on gameday.

I dont just look at offenses or defenses. I look at individuals. I look at size, athleticism, speed, etc. Top to bottom, Alabama and Georgia have way more of that than we do.
Multiple factors can, and do, counterbalance the things you speak of. Experience, coaching, attitude and more can close that gap significantly. I like the multitude of positives this team has.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
LOL. No it's Tennessee. Then everyone else.

We're the best team in the country. We'll beat Alabama in 3 weeks. And Georgia in November.
I agree with you. Both their defenses have massive passing defense gaps, massive. How else do you explain UGA giving up 41 total points including a bomb TD for a Bama win just after taking the lead for the first time? Bama had almost no pass rush the second half which almost got them beat and couldn’t run against UGA the entire second half. The dawgs were ineffective rushing all night and are now down to their 3rd string center as a starter. Both of their teams have issues on both sides of the ball, major issues we can exploit.

Tier 1 = Bama, Georgia

Tier 4 = Miss St, Auburn

How on earth do you come up with "tiers" when they can and will change weekly the way the season is playing out?

How are TX and UT not on tier 1 but on the same level as LSU, SC, and KY based on what we've seen so far?

Why is Ole Miss a tier above MO? Both appear to be overrated paper tigers.

Anyone on 'tier 3' can beat LSU, KY, or SC, and probably will before this is all said and done.

And on and on ...........

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Georgia wins this game by a larger margin in Athens
😂😂😂😂😂

Alabama was gonna win that game home or away. UGA is what? 1-6 against them under Kirby? Georgia is not what people make them out to be. Georgia is on the cusp of playoff elimination. They’ll lose at Texas, and then we come to town for a barn burner.

Both teams have an answer for our OL. I think Nico is still as good as billed. Some are blaming Nico’s low stats on him. OL is the problem once again.
Tennessee, Texas, Army and a 4th team ( I can’t remember) are the only teams in college football that have lead for every second of every game this season. Did you know that.

This entire season we have been trying different things and trying to add layers to our offense.

Nico hasn’t even played in the 4th qtr except one game out of 4….
I say this because his stats have been affected by him not needing to fight our team back into a game.

Bama gave up 400 yards passing last night to a very unimpressive GA receiving corps.
Milroe hasn’t faced a front 7 like ours still.
Yes our defense is better than Georgias. Maybe “maybe” our defense isn’t as talented but it’s better and deeper…

Bama has some athletes on that defense, but will they shut down Nico and company. Again…Carson Beck and not particularly explosive UGA offense put up 500 yards of offense against them in Tuscaloosa.

On a neutral field I take our Vols vs either team by 14 points…

They've shown you how good they are every week. What games have you been watching. Do you not know how elite your defense has to be, for you to go straight conservative for an entire half, and still win comfortably.
I’ve been watching the games where we destroyed three teams with zero offense and almost no defense. I watched the OU game that had a pretty good defense and, at best, a mediocre offense. OU is nowhere close to Bama and UGA from what I’ve seen. Most here understand UGA and Bama are far different teams than we’ve played so far

Barely anyone has played juggernaut offenses or as we saw tonight did anything to slow them down. So in a world of playing nobodies we're the #1 defense cause we've been the most dominant. Dominance like that usually translates. Plus if you got eyes you should be able to see that we're loaded on that side of the ball with elite talent.

We're the team built like the Alabama and Georgia of old while those two teams look like Big 12 defenses.
NC State, Chattanooga, Kent State, & Oklahoma. Slow your roll. Did you see what just happened to Ole Miss when they finally played a team with a pulse?

Reactions: Vol737
Watching Georgia and Alabama and their own struggles on offense as well as defense, some of which were self-inflicted, 10 or 11 wins is a distinct possibility for Tennessee, particularly if they continue to improve as the season progresses, with a lighter road schedule now that the Oklahoma game is in the rear view mirror.

The UT athletic department is already looking at ticketing plans for hosting a first round playoff game for their season ticket holders.

Alabama is still a Saban stocked team with plenty of talented sophomores and juniors on the field, the true freshman guys on the field were all Saban offer and commits and fully met his recruiting specs, this time last year Ryan Williams was catching passes down at his Mobile Saraland high school, a can't miss phenomenal talent and Zabian Brown was solid consensus five star coming out of Mater Dei in Orange County, California who chose Alabama over Georgia, Ohio State as well as USC up the road. Will be interesting to see if DeBoer can hang on to the talent pipeline and following assembled by Saban.
Do you follow recruiting at all?

I would say we look more athletic than them. Just look at it this way. Mike Matthews is a stud 5-star true freshman (who in my opinion is just as good as Ryan Williams) but he can't crack our starting lineup. Neither can 5-star Jordan Ross. But Alabama had a freshman starting at CB who got the game saving pick and obviously Ryan Williams got the game winning TD.

We don't need true freshman saving us. That should tell you how talented we are.
Of all the stupid, inane posts you have made…..this one takes the cake 🤣

Last edited:
What a game.

Georgia wins this game by a larger margin in Athens.

We are now seeing the best at this point in the season of GA and Bama, and I haven’t seen a team that can hang with this.

Either way, same ole same ole.

I think this is what we expected,

Albeit, when you consider what we have seen so far, the margin is smaller.

I expect to see more separation between these two from the rest of the pack as well as between the tier 2 teams to create a 5th tier.

I think TX will either join Bama and Georgia, or join some teams in tier 2 that separate themselves from the rest.

As of now, I think you have to put a lot of teams in tier 2.

Tier 1 = Bama, Georgia

Tier 4 = Miss St, Auburn

Tennessee has a heck of a challenge ahead of itself.. I think we have been a little high on ourselves considering the stats we have put up and the competition we have faced so far.

Tennessee has to get a LOT better. I also think this bye week, while early, came at a very good time.

If we stay healthy and get better… who knows? But as of now, it seems we may be a big step away from beating GA or Alabama.
The only thing I agree with is UGA wins in Georgia.

Let’s be honest. Yes, number one. But who have we played that had an offense?

Which juggernaut offense have we faced to make that conclusion about our defense? I feel confident about our defense but there is still the possibility it could be fools gold.
Which have Bama, Texas or Georgia played to make you think they are better than US

VN Store

Back