Bama, Georgia and everyone else.

Okay,
Alabama and Georgia also played weak teams for the first 3 games of the season and neither were holding their opponents to as many yards of total offense as we were. You can talk level of competition all you want however the fact remains we dominated that weak competition more than other teams when they played that same weak competition. For example, we hammered Kent State 65-0 in the first half with our backups playing most of the second quarter while Penn State was only up 14-0 against Kent State with 1:30 left in the first half with their starters still in. We also only gave up 10 points to NC State in a nuetral site while Clemson gave up 35 points to them at home.

You can only play who is on your schedule and we've handled our competition in a more dominant manner than similarly suited teams have done with the same teams we've faced.

NC State, Chattanooga, Kent State, & Oklahoma. Slow your roll. Did you see what just happened to Ole Miss when they finally played a team with a pulse?
His street cred has been taken a hit multiple times over the years on these forums. I like his positivity, though.

Horrible officiating....not sure why they even try. Officials do more to give the game to one team or another than the players and coaches. Home cooking in the SEC. If, big if, we can win all our home games and get a second shot at UGA in ATL, we can walk away with the SEC Championship which is a pretty big deal. We should win all the games we are scheduled to play, Bama at home, and UGA is the only team that we will be challenged to beat in Athens. Great game except for some horrible officiating and would have loved to see that game in a neutral site with 50-50 UGA vs Bama fans in attendance. GBO! VFL!

This Vol team will go as far as the OL takes it. Not a good combination for a young QB, Nico still has to improve. Hopefully these next two games get this team ready for the first big challenge of the season.

4 Tiers = 4 Teams per Tier 2024 Season to date

Tier 1

Alabama, Texas, Georgia, Tennessee

Tier 2

LSU, Ole Miss, Oklahoma, Missouri

Tier 3

Texas A&M, Arkansas, South Carolina, Kentucky,

Tier 4

Auburn, Florida, Mississippi State, Vanderbilt
I think tier 2 and 3 are just a big bungled mess. I don’t think LSU is very good. There’s no one that’s really separated themselves . I still think Ole Miss has the highest ceiling.

I just looked up total offense stats:
NC State #109
Oklahoma #122
Kent St. #130
UTC is FCS…..

The D has not been tested at all.
Arkansas is #13

NC State #109
Oklahoma #122
Kent St. #130
UTC is FCS…..

Arkansas is #13
Who has Arkansas played that’s got a defence?

didn’t say they were, I just said we haven’t played anyone, outside of a good OU defense.
Scheduling dictates who you play. Sh1tting on your team and being a constant nagging thorn in the rear gets old pretty quick. These same two world beaters beat the same caliber of teams we have in less than stellar manners and yall are up in arms. When we win how we are suppose to win and look and it's we haven't played any body yet..... GTFO

This thread is gonna be filled with receipts no matter how the season goes. As with most things in life, the answer lies somewhere in the middle of most of this drivel. We are a good, potentially great, team that has to prove it against top tier competition. (Which we've yet to play)
All this game told me is that AL and GA are beatable.
These games are a Home and Away Game so that maybe a factor as well.
Advantage for AL coming off a bye week against GA showed in the first half.
GA has really not played a complete game against competent competition to date.
Injuries for both teams are always a factor and the SEC is not a soft league.
SEC officiating is a factor in any SEC game.

It's funny you bring that up. The Circus catch that 17 year old Ryan Williams made last night, absolutely nobody starting on our roster has demonstrated that level of concentration and athleticism. And yet there Mike Matthews sits on the bench, having barely played. Where the hell is OUR 5 star freshman? I dont think it's because our starters are so much better, I just think our staff has a strong belief in starting upper classmen over freshmen.

I saw Mike Matthew's freakish athleticism on that TD catch against Kent State. And unlike 170 lbs soaking wet Ryan Williams, Mike is already built like a man. The only reason Mike or Jordan Ross aren't playing is because our upperclassmen are actually NFL caliber.

Just wait. In 3 weeks when we beat Alabama you'll change your tune on our talent level.

Reactions: Sudden Impact
NC State #109
Oklahoma #122
Kent St. #130
UTC is FCS…..

Arkansas is #13

One could also interpret those stats as Tennessee is the reason those offenses are ranked so low. Not Kent St but maybe the other 3.

Not coming at you just having flashbacks to Stats 101.

All last night showed was that Georgia is still Georgia and Bama is still Bama.

I would say the complete opposite. Last night showed neither is what they used to be. If Bama was still Bama and Georgia was still Georgia then we would've seen a classic 9-6 2011 LSU/Alabama type game. Not the Big 12-esque fireworks show they put on.

Neither team has the defenses they used to have. If anybody looks like the way Bama and Georgia used to look it's us. We're the team with the #1 ranked defense that suffocates opponents with our ridiculous defensive line depth.

I would have been more impressed if Bama and Georgia played a defensive slugfest that ended 20-17 than the 41-34 Big 12 fireworks show they put on instead.

What a game.

Georgia wins this game by a larger margin in Athens.

We are now seeing the best at this point in the season of GA and Bama, and I haven’t seen a team that can hang with this.

Either way, same ole same ole.

I think this is what we expected,

Albeit, when you consider what we have seen so far, the margin is smaller.

I expect to see more separation between these two from the rest of the pack as well as between the tier 2 teams to create a 5th tier.

I think TX will either join Bama and Georgia, or join some teams in tier 2 that separate themselves from the rest.

As of now, I think you have to put a lot of teams in tier 2.

Tier 1 = Bama, Georgia

Tier 2 = LSU, SC, KY, Ole Miss, Tennessee, TX

Tier 3 = TA&M, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Florida, Vanderbilt, Missouri

Tier 4 = Miss St, Auburn

Tennessee has a heck of a challenge ahead of itself.. I think we have been a little high on ourselves considering the stats we have put up and the competition we have faced so far.

Tennessee has to get a LOT better. I also think this bye week, while early, came at a very good time.

If we stay healthy and get better… who knows? But as of now, it seems we may be a big step away from beating GA or Alabama.
1727621427164.gif
Someone is infatuated………. SMDH!!

Reactions: BigALWiLson

VN Store

Back