BasketVols in the NBA (Pros)

This is the best angle. 100% a double dribble. Don’t blame DK at all. I rescind the “he got cooked” comment.

Yeah, you could see DK kinda went into his mode after that. 3-3 3PTs in a 2:03 minute span. His defensive wasn’t great but also wasn’t poor either. 25pts in the opener is very promising for him to come off the bench this season.

This is the play, but I actually think on closer inspection it looks like Reed double dribbled and didn’t get called for it which is why DK kind of paused.

Good grief...all the contact they let go on in the NBA and they had the audacity to whistle DK for a foul on that play to boot? I know some y'all love it, but for me, this is just one of many reasons the NBA is just so unwatchable.

Good grief...all the contact they let go on in the NBA and they had the audacity to whistle DK for a foul on that play to boot? I know some y'all love it, but for me, this is just one of many reasons the NBA is just so unwatchable.

I rarely watch the NBA. DK is basically the only reason I have any interest and he definitely made even this Summer League game enjoyable. But, yes, in my very limited experience watching it the officiating is just as bad as any college sport. Can’t believe they missed the double dribble then called a foul.

I rarely watch the NBA. DK is basically the only reason I have any interest and he definitely made even this Summer League game enjoyable. But, yes, in my very limited experience watching it the officiating is just as bad as any college sport. Can’t believe they missed the double dribble then called a foul.
Yeah, that wasn't directed at you, to be certain. Just your post that I quoted with the highlight.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Yeah, that wasn't directed at you, to be certain. Just your post that I quoted with the highlight.

I didn’t think it was. Just responding with my two cents.

If DK wasn’t the first Vol in awhile that I believe could be a true NBA stud, I probably wouldn’t even be watching the NBA. But he’s worth the price of admission (poor officiating).

The only good thing I have to say about NBA officiating is that it's better than NCAA officiating. In both cases, robot officials can't come soon enough.

Reactions: VolsLFC
I used to watch the NBA non-stop but the turning point for me was the playoff game between the Shaq-led Lakers and the Webber-led Kings. The Kings were up ~25+ points going into the 4th but the NBA wanted the Lakers to win the series so the refs swallowed their whistles and let Shaq get away with murder. I have watched less and less since then and rarely, if ever, watch it now. There's a reason why these leagues are legally defined as entertainment.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

If you can watch college, you can watch pros, you just gotta care about a team enough. Officiating is 100x worse in college.

VN Store

Back