Blue State Death Spirals

Oh yes. I haven't even gotten to red states vs blue states relative to democracy. That's my favorite one and it's very telling. I know how the MAGA faithful love them some authoritarianism so they don't have to think for themselves, it's easier being what to think (Fox News). I'm a patriot, I support democracy.

Anyway, puck drop in a few minutes. Later.
If teachers are more important than plumbers then they would need to work all year long.

You are a legend in your own mind. Quite unimpressive actually.

Puck drop? 😂

If plumbers were proficient as teachers

MV5BMWI1OTU1MTYtNjU4Ni00ODM0LWI4ZTgtMDI1OTMxMmFiOWI1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDgyNjA5MA@@._V1_.jpg

Clearly that's not the case because exactly zero of your anecdotes you mentioned refute my points. And hell, I didn't even ask about healthcare or that red sates rely on the government dime significantly more than blue states. I was being nice simply because I feel bad for you posting something so nonsensical.
I do apologize for being needlessly mean. But sometimes ridicule is good medicine. But I didn’t have to make the comment about the children‘s table. I am sorry
But please realize that reality is a harsh teacher and the consequences of the foolish decisions being made by legislatures in Blue states will inevitably make the lives of residents of those states a continuously worse state of misery and woe. Check the budget deficits some of those states are running as top earners and productive tax paying industries flee to red states, especially Texas and Florida. The end of the story is already written and unless voters in those states wise up, it will soon be irreversible.

Think about how TN would leapfrog ahead of many states in various categories if we didn’t have Memphis, and other blue areas dragging us down.

Statistically we would better off without Hawkins/Cocke/ Unicoi/Carter and Johnson.But minus Hawkins, those are my favorite part of the state.

And yet the least educated state in the country is your shining beacon of California, and New York made the top ten.

Least Educated States 2023
From the article posted...

West Virginia is the least educated U.S. state, with an overall score of 23.15. West Virginia ranks last for Educational Attainment with the lowest shares of people with associate’s degrees or some college experience and those with bachelor's degrees, at 20.6%. West Virginia also has the fourth-lowest average university quality.

Mississippi has a score of 25.35. As the second-least educated state, it ranks 49th for Educational Attainment and 47th for Quality of Education. Mississippi has the third-lowest share of high school diploma holders at 84.5%, the second-lowest share of bachelor's degree holders, and the fifth-lowest share of both people with associate's degrees or college experience and graduate degree holders.

Louisiana holds the third-place spot for the least educated states. Louisiana has a score of 25.75 and ranks 48th for Educational Attainment and 45th for Quality of Education. Louisiana has the fourth-lowest share of high school diploma holders and bachelor's degree holders, the second-lowest share of associate’s degree holders, and the fourth-lowest share of graduate degree holders.

Arkansas's score is 31.00 out of 100. Arkansas is in 47th for Educational Attainment, and its Quality of Education rank is an improvement to 24th. Arkansas has the third-lowest share of associates, bachelor's, and graduate degree holders.

Alabama is the country's fifth-least educated state. Alabama's Education Attainment rank is 45, and its Quality of Education rank is 38, with a total score of 33.08. About 22% of Alabama adults have a bachelor's degree or higher, which is lower than the 25% nationwide average; however, this gap is closing.

On the other hand, the most educated U.S. states are Massachusetts (81.82), Maryland(78.48), Connecticut(72.68), Colorado (69.82), and Vermont (69.67).

Last edited:
Reactions: luthervol
New York train system is amazing. The blue states get very little right but on the east coast they seem to atleast do transportation better. Well outside of Pennsylvania which is just a chit show.

I miss being able to take a train from Long Island into nyc and never once have to drive anywhere. Nashville transportation is f’d and no one alive right now will see it get any better in their lifetime.

Yeah. Atlanta has a great interstate system but it's just overcrowded. Nashville will have to use their model and build up though since there is nowhere to build out. Both should find ways to build rail that can be used throughout the county to go in and out of downtown. One of Nashville's problems with the last trail way suggestion was it was only going to benefit downtown but everyone was going to have to shoulder the cost if I remember correctly. A losing proposition.

Reactions: NEO
Spot on: I laugh at red-staters and rural Americans who are always lamely trying to trash blue states and cities. I've SEEN rural America--it's poor, dilapidated and there is nothing to do: few jobs, crap architecture, uneducated people, no history, no culture....but a lot of trailer parks. Blue states help subsidize red states. Check out where the poorest states in America are--8 or 9 of the poorest are in the South.
I hope you live in Shitcago or San Franshitsco

Great self-own Einstein. Now do states with college degrees or higher. Sometimes I just have to laugh at the ineptitude of the average red-hatter.
Question, do you believe that someone with a Communications degree who goes to work at the post office after college is automatically smarter than someone who decided to go into a trade apprenticeship?

Reactions: Godfatha

West Virginia is the least educated U.S. state, with an overall score of 23.15. West Virginia ranks last for Educational Attainment with the lowest shares of people with associate’s degrees or some college experience and those with bachelor's degrees, at 20.6%. West Virginia also has the fourth-lowest average university quality.

Mississippi has a score of 25.35. As the second-least educated state, it ranks 49th for Educational Attainment and 47th for Quality of Education. Mississippi has the third-lowest share of high school diploma holders at 84.5%, the second-lowest share of bachelor's degree holders, and the fifth-lowest share of both people with associate's degrees or college experience and graduate degree holders.

Louisiana holds the third-place spot for the least educated states. Louisiana has a score of 25.75 and ranks 48th for Educational Attainment and 45th for Quality of Education. Louisiana has the fourth-lowest share of high school diploma holders and bachelor's degree holders, the second-lowest share of associate’s degree holders, and the fourth-lowest share of graduate degree holders.

Arkansas's score is 31.00 out of 100. Arkansas is in 47th for Educational Attainment, and its Quality of Education rank is an improvement to 24th. Arkansas has the third-lowest share of associates, bachelor's, and graduate degree holders.

Alabama is the country's fifth-least educated state. Alabama's Education Attainment rank is 45, and its Quality of Education rank is 38, with a total score of 33.08. About 22% of Alabama adults have a bachelor's degree or higher, which is lower than the 25% nationwide average; however, this gap is closing.

On the other hand, the most educated U.S. states are Massachusetts (81.82), Maryland(78.48), Connecticut(72.68), Colorado (69.82), and Vermont (69.67).
West Virginia is… special lol. For sure.

Mississippi, Louisiana, & Alabama compared to Massachusetts, Connecticut, & Vermont 🤔

Oh yes. I haven't even gotten to red states vs blue states relative to democracy. That's my favorite one and it's very telling. I know how the MAGA faithful love them some authoritarianism so they don't have to think for themselves, it's easier being what to think (Fox News). I'm a patriot, I support democracy.

Ah, yes. Those voting laws sure are tough in Dela…I mean Georgia.

Reactions: norrislakevol

And here’s the MAGA reference…., proof of sheepdom. You poor pitiful useful liberal

Ah the old red states “take more” from the State argument.
Red states should stop shipping food and oil to the Blue states for a couple of weeks. Then we can revisit the whole „takes more“ question. and we won’t even get into the fact that red states supply most of the recruits for the military and keep Xi from sailing into San Francisco Bay (assuming he would want to with all the poop in the streets of course)

Reactions: norrislakevol

Drop a gender studies PhD and a good ole boy from East Tennessee into the middle of a wilderness area with nothing but a knife and the clothes on their back. Check back in 30 days. Then tell me who had the more practical „education“

Question, do you believe that someone with a Communications degree who goes to work at the post office after college is automatically smarter than someone who decided to go into a trade apprenticeship?
I got my bachelors degree but I would say that the majority of my education came from things I studied on my own. A voracious reader will continue to learn throughout life whereas a self satisfied college graduate will often stagnate thinking they already know everything.
My coal miner father who never finished high school knew more history than almost anyone I ever met.
College is designed to teach you HOW to think and learn, not impart the actual knowledge. But with modern education, colleges actively discourage debate and critical thinking and have become intellectually incurious wastelands where students are taught to echo back unquestioningly whatever their instructors feed them. That is not education, at least not in the classical sense. It is indoctrination

New York train system is amazing. The blue states get very little right but on the east coast they seem to atleast do transportation better. Well outside of Pennsylvania which is just a chit show.

I miss being able to take a train from Long Island into nyc and never once have to drive anywhere. Nashville transportation is f’d and no one alive right now will see it get any better in their lifetime.
You haven’t even began to experience the wonders and efficiency of train travel until you take Swiss Rail, or Deutsche Bahn. Or my personal favourite ÖBB in Austria. Multiple trains throughout the day to whatever destination you need, all on time, fast, silent, and clean. And restrooms almost as clean as a Buc ees. Apart from the bier, I think the trains are the thing I miss most from Europe

Reactions: NEO

VN Store

Back