Border Rivalry

I take offense to this. I live in west Tn and am a Braves fan. I think of the Cardinals almost in the same way as Bama. Bandwagoners everywhere here.

Dude doesnt know west tennessee. Everything i see is braves/cards/cubs. But cub fans are everywhere.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm sure there were a lot of us that felt like South Carolina and Arkansas were not SEC teams when we started playing them back in 1992. As far as border wars go, Tennessee is the only state that borders eight other states. Another reason Tennessee is a special place.

Mizzou should be in the west. But who would you move to the east? Bama or Auburn makes the most sense but they wouldn't do it.

Move Bama and Auburn to the East and Vandy and Mizzou to the West. that would make a lot of sense IMO.

I should clarify. Being in the SEC makes sense. Being in the SEC West doesn't. Auburn goes to the East (which makes more sense) and the SEC loses the TN/Bama game. Or you go North/South and really spread out the rivals. UK, MO, UT, USC, VU, AR and who? Ole Miss or Georgia?

How 'bout that conference schedule. Don't think any of those teams except for UGA and SC (as long as Spurrier is there) will be consistently competetive. Would be nice after the gauntlet we're going through this year.

I'm sure there were a lot of us that felt like South Carolina and Arkansas were not SEC teams when we started playing them back in 1992. As far as border wars go, Tennessee is the only state that borders eight other states. Another reason Tennessee is a special place.

Well, Tennessee and Missouri are the only two states to do so (border 8 states).

I think it would work in our favor to simply divide them in no particular order. For instance, in the SEC "Left-wing" it would be UT, Vandy, Miss St, Kentucky, Arkansas, South Carolina, and Ole Miss. We could potentially be in the SECCG every single year.

Edit: Yes, the "right-wing" extremists would have a much more difficult season. Case in point.

I should clarify. Being in the SEC makes sense. Being in the SEC West doesn't. Auburn goes to the East (which makes more sense) and the SEC loses the TN/Bama game. Or you go North/South and really spread out the rivals. UK, MO, UT, USC, VU, AR and who? Ole Miss or Georgia?

My wife is a Kingsport girl and had to learn to love another beach when we married and moved to Nashville. :D

Holy crap, the SEC South would be loaded. Bama, AU, FL, LSU, TAMU, MSU, and one of UGA or Ole Miss. Nobody would make it out of that alive.

I grew up in Elora TN, 1/2 mile north of Alabama, NNE of Huntsvile, AL. At the time it was 65% TN, 30% bama, most of the rest were Auburn/Georgia.

Tennessee is one of two states that border 8 other states. Can you guess who the other one is? I'll give you a hint, they have a team in the SEC, and we play them in early November.

Mizzou and A&M are good fits for the SEC. Passionate fan bases, good coaches, and SEC level talent. If the SEC had to expand, they did well.

I kinda feel the same way... Maybe just because they're new... Just doesnt feel like a SEC game, especially not in our division. I look at it like another OOC game.

VN Store

Back