Border Rivalry

SEC will add two more teams to the East e.g. Duke, N.C., Va Tech, FSU, NC State, and Mizzou will kick back to the West, IMO.

None of the teams you mentioned will flip to the SEC. They have all signed over their media rights to the ACC. Realignment is over for the big 5 conferences.

Reactions: 1 person
How do you feel about Virginia? It's about the same amount of border.

Tennessee's grand divisions are like that by and large:

East Tennessee- Myrtle Beach- Braves
Middle Tennessee- Gulf Shores- Reds/Braves/Cubs
West Tennessee- Biloxi- Cardinals

And Memphis is just barely in Tennessee. It's the biggest city in North Mississippi and East Arkansas.

Growing up in Middle Tennessee, it's more like Panama City Beach and the Braves. Very rarely do I see a native Mid-Tennessean as a Cubs fan.

Mizzou should be in the west. But who would you move to the east? Bama or Auburn makes the most sense but they wouldn't do it.

There should be a north and South division instead of the current divisions with Texas A&M, LSU, MSU, Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, and Florida in the South Division. The North Division would consist of Missouri, Arkansas, Mississippi, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Tennessee, and South Carolina. Just think, with this realignment we would be in Atlanta about every other year almost immediately.

I live in central West Tennessee and I even forget that Missouri borders Tennessee. I'm not sure Missouri claims the bootheel that much. Btw, screw the cards. Go Braves.

And Memphis is just barely in Tennessee. It's the biggest city in North Mississippi and East Arkansas.

Haha this is so true

There should be a north and South division instead of the current divisions with Texas A&M, LSU, MSU, Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, and Florida in the South Division. The North Division would consist of Missouri, Arkansas, Mississippi, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Tennessee, and South Carolina. Just think, with this realignment we would be in Atlanta about every other year almost immediately.

Wow that's genius
I'm emailing mike slive

Am in West Tennessee but Gulf Shores is the place for me... Could care less about the MLB though.

I have to admit I still don't think of Mizzu as an SEC East foe. Does VN also feel like this is an out of conference game?

It's hard to grasp that we are going to play this team every season going forward. These guys do border our state and we don't want them trying to get our Memphis recruits.

I grew up in East TN so it seems strange to me that Missouri actually borders TN.

ArkansasMissouri-sduk-1848.jpg

We need to win this game so we don't start a losing streak with these guys. Do you guys think this could become a rivalry similar to what we now have with USCe?

After driving through a 200 mile stretch of Missouri, I can't imagine who would want to.live there if they had multiple big time offers

After driving through a 200 mile stretch of Missouri, I can't imagine who would want to.live there if they had multiple big time offers

Did you take the interstates through St. Louis or just cut through on US and state highways?

I don't think Missouri is ever going to be a major player in recruiting within the state of Tennessee

I don't think Missouri is ever going to be a major player in recruiting within the state of Tennessee

Unless they successfully go after Memphis, no they likely won't.

I think they want to try to move towards recruiting GA and FL honestly.

Unless they successfully go after Memphis, no they likely won't.

I think they want to try to move towards recruiting GA and FL honestly.

I think they'd be better suited going after the Midwest studs. Telling them that they can stay relatively close to home, but still play the best of the best while having a legit shot against those teams (something UK can't say)

I think they'd be better suited going after the Midwest studs. Telling them that they can stay relatively close to home, but still play the best of the best while having a legit shot against those teams (something UK can't say)

I think so, too, but not actually playing games in those states/against players in those states hurts that sales pitch big time.

For example, they expect to lose their Texas pipeline since they'll soon only be playing in that state every X number of years.

I'm not sure how not playing the state team anymore would effect a recruit from say Nebraska or Oklahoma...they might have to dip into Big 10 country in areas like Chicago, Illinois. (I've read a bunch that's what UK needs to do; to try to start getting some kids from OH and PA)

From what I'm told, though, their state isn't great at producing a ton of recruiting talent (in a similar way to TN...they might have to someday adopt a similar, national strategy). It's why so many of their players are from Texas.

Not true......west tn is split by the river in sw tenn on cards vs braves. I myself am a braves fan in west tn.

VN Store

Back