Border Rivalry

I figure they will add Mizoo to the west, and add two more teams to the SEC from the east.

I really wish they would add Ga tech, but they are all money grubbing a holes. History over money

I think Oklahoma and VT would be nice and what SEC bean counters are looking at. That would open up tv markets from Mizzou to TX to FL to DC and back to Mizzou... half the population. WV, NC, Duke and NCST are alternates. I would suspect Duke-NC would need to be a package deal though.

From a pure football and pure Southern tradition: I would want Clemson, Geogia Tech, Florida State, VT, WV, and Ohio State...just kidding about the butteyss!

The Oazarks look like the Smokies if the Smokies were smaller like hills. The Ozarks are like the tiny ugly midget brother of the Smokies.
That's cute. The further into Arkansas you get, the better the mountains. I've experienced the smokies. Both areas are beautiful this time of year.

I live in central West Tennessee and I even forget that Missouri borders Tennessee. I'm not sure Missouri claims the bootheel that much. Btw, screw the cards. Go Braves.

and I can tell you we don't have a lot in common with Columbia, MO. (home of Mizzou). True that some from my town attended Mizzou, a majority of Northern Missouri (St. Louis and North) inhabitants comprise the Mizzou faithful. Most think of Mizzou as a midwestern/northern school better suited regionally with the Illinois, Iowas and Indianas of the world. The fact they are in the SEC was a big coup for them.

I knew early on that I was going to an SEC school, and I knew after a visit that it would be Tennessee.

As far as Missouri claiming the bootheel or not, I can tell you that matters not to the good folks down here.

Reactions: 1 person
I'd rather live in Nebraska than Colorado...2 million less California transplant libtards to deal with.

I agree with that part, the liberal idiots would be hard to deal with, especially now that they're gonna be high all the time lol. I was speaking from a landscape perspective though, Colorado has the Rockies, Nebraska has corn.

40 years in North Dakota. Would still be there if not for the wife. But - have been and always will be a Vol fan. The Orange pull is strong. Some of us Yanks know what team to root for. Go VOLS.

Very nice. How did you become a Vols fan up there?

and I can tell you we don't have a lot in common with Columbia, MO. (home of Mizzou). True that some from my town attended Mizzou, a majority of Northern Missouri (St. Louis and North) inhabitants comprise the Mizzou faithful. Most think of Mizzou as a midwestern/northern school better suited regionally with the Illinois, Iowas and Indianas of the world. The fact they are in the SEC was a big coup for them.

I knew early on that I was going to an SEC school, and I knew after a visit that it would be Tennessee.

As far as Missouri claiming the bootheel or not, I can tell you that matters not to the good folks down here.

Mizzou's first choice was Big Ten. If they were invited, then we would have invited VT, WV, NCST or Maryland IMO.

Next round of expansion will which won't happen for a while, will be the death blow for the Big12 as the SEC, Big10, Pac12 and even the ACC will go after Big 12 morsels. My guess: TX, TTU, Baylor, BYU to Pac 12, OK, OKSU to SEC, Kansas, KSU, to Big10, Iowa State, TCU to Mountain West, WV to ACC). PAC 12 will try hard for OK/OKST too.

How do you feel about Virginia? It's about the same amount of border.

Tennessee's grand divisions are like that by and large:

East Tennessee- Myrtle Beach- Braves
Middle Tennessee- Gulf Shores- Reds/Braves/Cubs
West Tennessee- Biloxi- Cardinals

And Memphis is just barely in Tennessee. It's the biggest city in North Mississippi and East Arkansas.

I grew up in West Tennessee. Lot of Cardinals fans are there, but there's a good mix of Braves and Cubs fans as well. As far as beaches go, I've never heard of anybody going to Biloxi for the beach trip. It was always Panama City, Destin, Gulf Shores, or Orange Beach. I moved to Mississippi a few years ago, and most people here go to the previously mentioned places as opposed to Biloxi. That should tell you all you need to know about the beach situation there.

The Memphis statement is absolutely true. I am convinced Tennessee should hold an auction and lease Memphis to the highest bidder between Mississippi and Arkansas. You could improve two states at the same time doing that!

I grew up in west tn and never knew a braves fan until that run they had in the 90s,,,,,, a lot of CARDINAL fans though,,,,,,, GBO

I grew up in west tn and never knew a braves fan until that run they had in the 90s,,,,,, a lot of CARDINAL fans though,,,,,,, GBO

Lived in west tn all my life always been a Braves fan and I grew up before the 90's but I want say when

Lived in west tn all my life always been a Braves fan and I grew up before the 90's but I want say when

I've always been a Cardinals fan. My best friend growing up was always a Braves fan. He liked them when they were terrible in the late 80's. I even liked the Cardinals while they were pretty bad in the 90's. I'm sure there are plenty bandwagon jumpers for both teams in the area, but Cardinals popularity goes back to the pre-FM radio days when KMOX AM was one of the few options to hear live sports. TBS/WGN via cable and satellite helped the Braves and Cubs gain on the Cards.

VN Store

Back