Border Rivalry

Did you take the interstates through St. Louis or just cut through on US and state highways?

Pretty much went from the edge of KY to.Branson, MO came back through KY and southern Illinois. It was literally all farmland and it looked exactly the same the whole way till.Branson. Branson was ok but it looked like a cornier Gatlinburg with all the weird billboards. It was literally the most boring road trip I've ever taken. Southern Illinois looked nice though.

I lived there so I unfortunately have memories of their awesome winters..

40 years in North Dakota. Would still be there if not for the wife. But - have been and always will be a Vol fan. The Orange pull is strong. Some of us Yanks know what team to root for. Go VOLS.

Reactions: 1 person
Like you, I too grew up in East TN right on the Alabama line, in fact I can look out of my front door & see the AL State Sign....uck...anyways, it is hard to think of Missouri as being in the SEC...

Just hope that we beat them...GBO

I'd paint that thing orange

I have to admit I still don't think of Mizzu as an SEC East foe. Does VN also feel like this is an out of conference game?

It's hard to grasp that we are going to play this team every season going forward. These guys do border our state and we don't want them trying to get our Memphis recruits.

I grew up in East TN so it seems strange to me that Missouri actually borders TN.

ArkansasMissouri-sduk-1848.jpg

We need to win this game so we don't start a losing streak with these guys. Do you guys think this could become a rivalry similar to what we now have with USCe?

Of course it seems strange for someone who probably hasn't come down from the mountains because of the Feds, but there are three distinct regions in this state. East, Middle and West. I know that's hard to understand...

Mizzo shouldn't be in the SEC. No a good fit. TAM, Arky and USC all had more tradition and better fit/fan base. Mizzo is quite distance from everyone except Arky.

However, if they stay I say the west be called the "Tiger" division because almost the whole retarded division would have Tigers as thier mascot.

For those who have never been to Missouri, the area down near Branson and the Arkansas border is very similar to East Tennessee. It's the beginning of the Ozark Mountains and especially this time of year with the fall foliage it reminds me of Tennessee.

Reactions: 1 person
Like you, I too grew up in East TN right on the Alabama line, in fact I can look out of my front door & see the AL State Sign....uck...anyways, it is hard to think of Missouri as being in the SEC...

Just hope that we beat them...GBO

I live 10 minutes from Tn/al line

If we ever go to 16 teams I'm hoping we bring in FSU and VT.

You can forget that, FSU and Miami both were offered in the late eighties or early ninites, both declined.

Additionally, the ACC has essentially put a stop to ACC teams leaving like Maryland has done, by making all of the current members sign an agreement and charging a huge buyout if the do leave. So if the SEC does expand, it wont be by adding current ACC teams.

I would like for the SEC to expand and add VT too but not FSU, they had their chance. NC State would be another good fit.

Pretty much went from the edge of KY to.Branson, MO came back through KY and southern Illinois. It was literally all farmland and it looked exactly the same the whole way till.Branson. Branson was ok but it looked like a cornier Gatlinburg with all the weird billboards. It was literally the most boring road trip I've ever taken. Southern Illinois looked nice though.

Where were you coming from?

Honestly, it's an easier trip if you go up through I-24 West (through Paducah) up southern illinois on ....is it I-57? Then at Mt. Vernon get on I-64 and go through St. Louis (this all would look a lot nicer, too, also). Then you just stay on I-70 until Columbia

Of course it seems strange for someone who probably hasn't come down from the mountains because of the Feds, but there are three distinct regions in this state. East, Middle and West. I know that's hard to understand...

By referring to East Tennessee in his post I think it's pretty clear he understands that.....

You can forget that, FSU and Miami both were offered in the late eighties or early ninites, both declined.

Additionally, the ACC has essentially put a stop to ACC teams leaving like Maryland has done, by making all of the current members sign an agreement and charging a huge buyout if the do leave. So if the SEC does expand, it wont be by adding current ACC teams.

I would like for the SEC to expand and add VT too but not FSU, they had their chance. NC State would be another good fit.

Just because they were offered 20 years ago doesn't mean it can't happen now. I don't know about NC State though, seems like they wouldn't ever break out of mediocrity. I'm just speaking hypothetically though.

The middle and southern part of Illinois is by far worse than any part of Missouri. It's awful. 65. Flat. I dread driving though it.

Mizzou should be in the west. But who would you move to the east? Bama or Auburn makes the most sense but they wouldn't do it.

I figure they will add Mizoo to the west, and add two more teams to the SEC from the east.

I really wish they would add Ga tech, but they are all money grubbing a holes. History over money

I figure they will add Mizoo to the west, and add two more teams to the SEC from the east.

I really wish they would add Ga tech, but they are all money grubbing a holes. History over money

History? Tech told us to f--- off and left the conference.

For those who have never been to Missouri, the area down near Branson and the Arkansas border is very similar to East Tennessee. It's the beginning of the Ozark Mountains and especially this time of year with the fall foliage it reminds me of Tennessee.

The Oazarks look like the Smokies if the Smokies were smaller like hills. The Ozarks are like the tiny ugly midget brother of the Smokies.

The middle and southern part of Illinois is by far worse than any part of Missouri. It's awful. 65. Flat. I dread driving though it.

Its not that bad, besides you can stop by Nashville twice on your trip. Nashville, TN and Nashville, IL. lol

Trust me N. Illinois is much, much worse on the eyes.

VN Store

Back