Boy Says Jesus Held Him in a Pool Drowning Accident, Asks Why Jesus Has ‘Scratches on His Hands?

What are we supposed to make of this story--that the boy was saved by the "loving arms of Jesus"?

I'm always bemused by people who want to "thank god" for having escaped some sort of harm--or for someone they know escaping harm--as if there is a "god" looking out for some people but too busy to notice all the people who suffer horrible, often violent deaths.
You live in a cold, hard, depressing place…. You should crawl back in your hole because…. This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine. Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine.

What are we supposed to make of this story--that the boy was saved by the "loving arms of Jesus"?

I'm always bemused by people who want to "thank god" for having escaped some sort of harm--or for someone they know escaping harm--as if there is a "god" looking out for some people but too busy to notice all the people who suffer horrible, often violent deaths.
Why would that puzzle you? I'd say they feel fortunate and want to express gratitude for survival. Thanking God is a natural reaction for those who believe in a Creator.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Some of you are just disgusting, cannot just read and move on without opening your mouths and voicing your disbelief, ignorance or taking a jab/joke. I admit I am just as guilty by posting this, but good grief.

The fact is if the sister in law hadn't have found him when she did he would be dead. And then the family would be asking God why. God didn't save this child, the sister in law and paramedics and team of doctors did. And that's not me "hating" christianity that's just my view on how the world works.

Some of you are just disgusting, cannot just read and move on without opening your mouths and voicing your disbelief, ignorance or taking a jab/joke. I admit I am just as guilty by posting this, but good grief.

Why should we "move on" when someone posts some tale that seems an attempt to proselytize?

Boy says Jesus held him in a pool drowning accident, asks why Jesus has 'scratches on His hands?

A Louisiana toddler who nearly drowned in his grandmother’s pool awoke the following day in the hospital with a miraculous memory: being held in the arms of Jesus after falling in the water. He later asked his parents why Jesus has “scratches on his hands?”

The grateful parents credit the power of prayer for their son’s recovery.

Registered nurse Courtney McKee lives in Louisiana with her husband, Brandon, and sons Brody and Max. Max, now 6, was just 2 years and 10 months old when he suffered a near-fatal drowning accident on July 11, 2019.

Max had been wearing floats in the pool as he did not know how to swim at the time. Leaving the pool, his grandma had helped him remove the floats.

“I think he returned to the pool to get some water and a small bucket to play with, they’re not really sure. When he leaned over to get the water, that’s when he might have fell in,” Courtney said.

Courtney’s sister-in-law found Max at the bottom of the pool, unconscious. No one knows exactly how long he was under. Courtney received a panicked call at work and quickly knew something was wrong when she heard sirens in the background.

Max was admitted to Rapides Regional Medical Center in Louisiana with his lungs swollen and full of fluid.

Max was resuscitated and taken to the hospital’s pediatric intensive care unit on high-flow oxygen. His parents and care team waited with bated breath to see if their efforts had been quick enough to prevent brain damage.

As Courtney wept with her still-sleeping toddler in her arms, her community caught wind of the accident and prayed for Max’s recovery. Loved ones came to Max’s hospital bedside to pray in person.

Courtney and Brandon have always taken their sons to church. They pray together and read Bible stories every night. When Max drowned, the first thing that big brother Brody did was kneel by the pool and pray. The day before Max’s accident, Courtney felt an urgent need to pray for their children, pleading with Jesus to save her babies.

Days after returning home from hospital, Max had another massive shock for his parents.

Courtney said: “He just looked at his father and I and he said, ‘When I was in the pool, I wasn’t scared.’ I told him, ‘That’s really good, buddy, I’m proud you weren’t scared,’ and he said, ‘When I was in the pool, Jesus held me.’

“Then he asked us, ‘Why does He have bobos and scratches on His hands?’ I was completely stunned. I just asked him to repeat himself to make sure I was hearing it right. We had never spoken to him about God’s hands, ever, and the way he described Jesus was just chilling.”

In the politics forum? Are you hoping to get roasted?

Are we to assume they don't go to church and that nobody else has ever talked Jesus with him? No cartoons? Nothing? Every day I'm impressed by something my 4 yo says because she didn't learn it from me.

"How on earth could he know about the booboos if I didn't tell him?" - a Dad who really wants to believe.

I'd bet $1000 somebody said "Jesus saved you from drowning boy." Between the incident and his statement days later.

Don't leave Grandma in charge again. Thank the SIL and first responders.

In the politics forum? Are you hoping to get roasted?

Are we to assume they don't go to church and that nobody else has ever talked Jesus with him? No cartoons? Nothing? Every day I'm impressed by something my 4 yo says because she didn't learn it from me.

"How on earth could he know about the booboos if I didn't tell him?" - a Dad who really wants to believe.

I'd bet $1000 somebody said "Jesus saved you from drowning boy." Between the incident and his statement days later.

Don't leave Grandma in charge again. Thank the SIL and first responders.

Yes, I love getting roasted by people such as yourself. It confirms that I'm doing something right. Thanks for your heartfelt reply.

Another doosh factory post.

I’m not wading into whether Jesus was in a pool in Rapides, Louisiana.

But I am wondering if these standards will be observed in other ideological disagreements in the PF?

Not believing in something doesn't equal hating it.

And that's not me "hating" christianity that's just my view on how the world works.

You live in a cold, hard, depressing place…. You should crawl back in your hole because…. This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine. Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine.

My place is quite warm and comfortable, thanks. Reality is my thing.

The fact is if the sister in law hadn't have found him when she did he would be dead. And then the family would be asking God why. God didn't save this child, the sister in law and paramedics and team of doctors did. And that's not me "hating" christianity that's just my view on how the world works.

What was the deciding factor that caused you to become a atheist?

This is the politics forum, probably shouldn't have posted it here if all he wanted was thoughts and prayers. Never would have touched this thread if it were in the Pub.
So you only posted your comments because of what thread it was in? Interesting.

VN Store

Back