Brando hints at 4 win season on his show

We don't have any proof that they're wrong. We're exceptional in a couple of spots, but we don't have proven receivers, quarterbacks, pass rushers, or a top running back. We didn't answer most of those questions in the spring. I would say we may have found our pass rushers, but I do think that we need one of the three running backs to emerge and grab the top spot. Our weakness at wide receiver this spring hindered the development of the passing game. We still have a chance to develop all of these elements of our game, but the analysts and radio host haven't seen any of that. Hell, we haven't seen any of that. Is a three or four win season ridiculous? Probably, but it's not like we have any evidence to the contrary. Let people talk, and let the guys prove who we are on the field.

We don't have any proof that they're wrong. We're exceptional in a couple of spots, but we don't have proven receivers, quarterbacks, pass rushers, or a top running back. We didn't answer most of those questions in the spring. I would say we may have found our pass rushers, but I do think that we need one of the three running backs to emerge and grab the top spot. Our weakness at wide receiver this spring hindered the development of the passing game. We still have a chance to develop all of these elements of our game, but the analysts and radio host haven't seen any of that. Hell, we haven't seen any of that. Is a three or four win season ridiculous? Probably, but it's not like we have any evidence to the contrary. Let people talk, and let the guys prove who we are on the field.

You are correct! We have no proof that they are wrong.

Also, U.T. football has been going down since 2005.

Who would have thought that an end would come to the winning streak that we had against Kentucky?

Who would have thought that we would get beat by Vandy twice in 8 seasons? One loss was at home and the other was an away game by a large margin.

Who would have thought that we would lose to Wyoming?

Who thought that we would be ready to tear down the goal posts when we had an overtime win against UAB?

So, a 4 win season, though unlikely, is possible. Should a couple of our opponents improve some over the summer or if we have a few key injuries this season, then we may lose a couple of games that we would have been favored to win. Such as Vandy, Auburn, Kentucky or Missouri...

Let's do some evaluation:

8/31 Austin Peay- Win.

9/7 W. Kentucky- Probable win. However, this team is coming off a bowl game and Bobby Petrino is a much better coach than he is a motorcycle rider.

9/14 @Oregon- A win here would be a definite sign of the coming apocalypse. Loss.

9/21 @Florida- Still not sold on Muschamp, but I believe Florida's team speed and home field advantage will be the difference. Loss.

9/28 S. Alabama- Win.

10/5 Georgia- I think this may be Butch's best chance for a first season upset. Tiptoeing out on a limb and saying Win.

10/19 S. Carolina- Every time I want to pick Tennessee for this game I see visions of Jadeveon Clowney removing that Michigan back's head and helmet with surgical precision. Loss.

10/26 @Alabama- A win here would require that the Tide be decimated by zombies the night before the game. Loss.

11/2 @Missouri- Win.

11/9 Auburn- Pick em.

11/23 Vanderbilt- Pick em.

11/30 @Kentucky- Win.

I'm at 6-4 with two pick em games.

Brando must have us losing to Western Kentucky and not winning any pick em or upset games. If last year was the result of a lack of talent. He may be right. If last year was the result of so so talent combined with horrendous coaching we have to win at least five.

Would love to see other views.

Reactions: 3 people
If this is the case someone needs a BUTCH SLAP then maybe he will get it. :D

F*** the haters.

I hope teams and analysts underestimate us this year.

We lost our offensive firepower from last year? So what? We return the best offensive line unit in the country. We're also implementing an offensive scheme that will take advantage of the players we have.

Our defense sucked last year? So what? Last I checked, Sunseri and his abortion of a 3-4 scheme is gone. We have an experienced front 7 and we return the SEC's leading tackler. Our secondary was awful last year, but I'm confident that they can only get better with better coaching.

Coaching and rah-rah sunshine pumping on CBJ's part wills us to at least 6-6, in my opinion.

Reactions: 5 people
I honestly dont see how anyone can objectively think that. Sure we have a question marks at QB and in the secondary, but college football starts with being able to run and stop the dive play. We should have an excellent OL and above average DL. I think you see us mangage the game, much like when Kiffen was here, and be in most games with a chance to win except AL and Oregon.

My prediction 7-5

Reactions: 1 person
6-6 or 7-5 are the best guesses playing it conservatively ill say 6-6

Probably being too reliant on last years data...This happens to pundits that look at last year,not whats coming back..Brando likes Tennessee,but obviously hasnt done his homework on this..Even a cursory look would lead to 7 totally winable games..he also said the future looks bright,but the program needs time..just very generic and curious comments coming from a person with an SEC background..even outsidersto the SEC recognize a possibility of a winning season

Whatever the record this year for our Volunteers, a corner has been turned and we will be looking forward to "Football time in Tennessee" with anticipation instead of worry in the years to come. Butch was an excellent hire and he'll bring back winning on a regular basis in Neyland. My two cents say 7-5. Even if it's 4-8, I'm excited for our future.

Having to listen to Memphis radio, Brando almost sounds like a UT homer. Some radio "experts" here are saying UT fans should be happy if they can win three games this season.

Their all idots...Brando as well. :the_finger:

Brando is just another$1k suit with an opinion and air time to fill. However he is one of the few pro SEC media guys out there.

Not trying to be negative nancy or trying to say anything about Butch's ability to coach. But, this team is extremely young (except the lines of scrimmage) and the schedule we have this year is beyond hard. @ Oregon, @ Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, @ Bama. Half of our schedule is against half of the top 10 (I'll go out on a limb and at some point this season 3 of the teams will be in the top 5 at the same time.) As bad as it is to say it Candy isn't a give me game anymore. If any major injuries happens 4 wins is a possibility this year unfortunately. I hope I'm wrong but this the reality of this season.

Brando is an SEC pro..he also was pulling hard for Dooley and against
Snake,but Im still at a loss to explain his off the cuff attitude..

If we only win 4 games, then Butch isn't the guy.

I think we'll win either 5 or 6 games, but it's not out of the question that a 4 win season could happen. Even if it does, it's not fair to say "Jones isn't the guy" based simply on that. Aside from offensive line, he was left with a roster with little to no SEC caliber talent, and even what he does have is ill-fitting to the offensive system he runs.

If qb play is terrible....as in TERRIBLE, it's possible.

But, that's the only way

Having to listen to Memphis radio, Brando almost sounds like a UT homer. Some radio "experts" here are saying UT fans should be happy if they can win three games this season.

I dont know how many games we will win this season, but i do know this. If we only win 3 games UT fans will NOT be happy.

I personally think we are in for a rough time, but I'm confident in this staff and what confidence and their coaching can do for this team.

It's starting to come together Timmy, It's starting to come together.

GO VOLS !!!

VN Store

Back