Brando hints at 4 win season on his show

Ha...I know Smo. You'd think I would be used to threads 3 pages long filled with outrage over some sports nobody making a negative prediction on the Vols.....but it still just blows my mind.

Nothing wrong with defending the Vols. lf we think someone's predictions are idiotic, then we let the world (whoever views this board) know about it. It's called Tennessee pride and I sure as hell got some of it.

Looking for something to do until it's football time in Tennessee? Threads like this are all there is it seems.

Since when did anyone care what Brando thought? Just another goober predicting something he knows nothing about. He is clueless on how the team will play next season, like most of us. That's on the players. If they are motivated to win and get in shape they will win more than they lose. If not, 4 losses can happen. But I would put odds that they win 6 or more at 80+%. Unlike Dools, it doesn't appear that Butch & staff leave much to chance. If you are going to see the field you better get it done the way they say is what I am seeing and hearing.

Until we prove that we can win on the field, this kind of stuff is going to keep coming. I think that Butch Jones and this year's Volunteer Team will surprise a few people, but until they do something tangible, I've accepted that I'll continue to read these types of dire predictions. However, the monster recruiting class that Coach Jones has started to build for next year indicates that, regardless of what this upcoming season might bring, there are many young, talented players who want to be part of our resurgence. Go Vols!

:lolabove: :good!: THIS

I remember him saying in the past on his show that Tennessee got a really good coach when they hired Butch Jones and he was the right coach for job.

We have enough talent to win 8/9 games including a bowl game. Games against Uga,USC,au, and candy will all be winnable. That's not to say I believe we will win them all, just that they should be close and winnable. Even Oregon and uf could be winnable depending on how the ball bounces that day.

Listen, UT has a top 5 online (nationally). Yes there are weaknesses but what team apart from Obama doesn't have? With Lane, Neal and Hill they out ta be able to have a solid running game. The defense should be improved immensely. No way they win only 4.

We don't have any proof that they're wrong. We're exceptional in a couple of spots, but we don't have proven receivers, quarterbacks, pass rushers, or a top running back. We didn't answer most of those questions in the spring. I would say we may have found our pass rushers, but I do think that we need one of the three running backs to emerge and grab the top spot. Our weakness at wide receiver this spring hindered the development of the passing game. We still have a chance to develop all of these elements of our game, but the analysts and radio host haven't seen any of that. Hell, we haven't seen any of that. Is a three or four win season ridiculous? Probably, but it's not like we have any evidence to the contrary. Let people talk, and let the guys prove who we are on the field.
Yeah, I would probably agree with most of this....

November is going to be key. I'm guessing he has Tennessee losing to Missouri, Auburn and Vanderbilt.

November is going to be key. I'm guessing he has Tennessee losing to Missouri, Auburn and Vanderbilt.

I think we hand Mizzou and manage a win against Vandy.

Auburn is the ????, its not like they don't have some talent down there, just haven't found a qb yet. By that point of the season they may have their man.

If that happens this place will be in full meltdown mode.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Without a doubt. I'm guessing this place will be in meltdown long before that unless something miraculous happens. I hope I'm wrong. :lol:

I think we hand Mizzou and manage a win against Vandy.

Auburn is the ????, its not like they don't have some talent down there, just haven't found a qb yet. By that point of the season they may have their man.

You could be right, I just don't see the outrage of the prediction. Tennessee won five games last season, had one of the worst defenses in program history and lost Bray, Patterson, Hunter, Rogers, Rivera and Rogers. Can anyone, with a clear conscience, really put the over/under any higher than five wins?

If Dooley were still the coach, I bet 4-8 would be the consensus for this team.

Reactions: 1 person
LSU and Bama super-admirer. He's so pro-SEC it's embarrassing. Either last year or 2 yrs ago he went out of his way each week to mention AJ MCCarron on the Heisman list. McCarron average QB, not many around country had him on the list but Brando did. He's such an SEC hack on his CBS pre-game show.

I don't know how many games we will win this fall, but I do believe it will be a long and difficult season. As fans, we will have to be content with improvement - and that won't necessarily translate into wins. It's too soon. We were/are too short on talent.
Butch has us going in the right direction. We will have to learn patience - something we are not good at!

Reactions: 1 person
I anticipate us winning the Western Kentucky, South Alabama & Austin Peay games. Then I anticipate us winning 3 of our last 4 games. Auburn, Kentucky, Vandy & Missouri. I am leaning towards us losing to Auburn as the one loss among the last four but I am not sure...

My total gives us 6 wins and a possible bowl game bid...Shreveport, Louisana, here we come!!! At least, it will be a step in the right direction, to at least make a bowl game.

What does Auburn have that we don't? Didn't they stink up the SEC last year like us?

We don't have any proof that they're wrong. We're exceptional in a couple of spots, but we don't have proven receivers, quarterbacks, pass rushers, or a top running back. We didn't answer most of those questions in the spring. I would say we may have found our pass rushers, but I do think that we need one of the three running backs to emerge and grab the top spot. Our weakness at wide receiver this spring hindered the development of the passing game. We still have a chance to develop all of these elements of our game, but the analysts and radio host haven't seen any of that. Hell, we haven't seen any of that. Is a three or four win season ridiculous? Probably, but it's not like we have any evidence to the contrary. Let people talk, and let the guys prove who we are on the field.

There's one big reason that the so called analysts are wrong.

Dools is history; been replaced with a coach.

VN Store

Back