Burns re-considering? From Tony Basilio

Im just curious if he does leave is the SEC slate set for next year or is that something we still have to wait and see? If im Burns i wouldn't want to go to LSU and then have to pitch in Knoxville next season.
Don’t think it will be released until October. Next season will also be the last year for divisions with Texas and Oklahoma coming in the following season. Would be cool if we won the last East championship.

If Tony and the players judge him to be a locker room problem, I don't want him back. But if they want him back, then I do, too.
That’s where I am as well. I’d love to see him back BUT they’d have to be a long discussion about what’s expected etc. CLEARLY…Chase struggled early in the season. And CLEARLY the bullpen was the best scenario for him. If TV and the team want him back…I do too. If not…I don’t either.

H
If you’re talking about Basketball/Football, I tend to agree. I think he normally just throws stuff against the wall there to see what sticks and uses context clues and message boards rumors to “report.”

But, Basilio does seem to be pretty close with Tony and I think he is more plugged in with the baseball program than any of our other programs on campus. It wouldn’t surprise me if he had info about baseball related news.

Have a friend whose name is on a building. Says TB is 100% correct on this. BUT still doesnt mean he is staying, but at least We are in the hunt.

OP attributes it to Basillyo. Even a blind hog finds a nut but I'd temper my enthusiasm with anything "breaking" from that guy.
Don't agree. I've gotten some pretty good info from his daily blog over the years, and he definitely has some good baseball contacts, including Chris Burke.

Don't agree. I've gotten some pretty good info from his daily blog over the years, and he definitely has some good baseball contacts, including Chris Burke.
I don’t care much for TB’s style but I’d think Evan Russell would have as much insight on this as anyone and I think he’s on with TB regularly. Idk.🤷‍♂️

His transferring has never made any sense to me.
The only thing that makes sense to me is that he wants to start and Tony V has moved him to the pen twice now. I'd say it is a combination of being butt hurt along with a lack of trust that it won't happen again in his final season before going into MLB.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Thats what , most likely, had him looking elsewhere. He did it for the team. Let him start again and if a repeat of last years early implosion starts again then sit him down and have a little talk.
We’ll see. Doubt seriously that will be an issue as I don’t see him returning to Knoxpatch.

I wouldn’t be mad about it if true. With all of the great talent we have transferring in and Burns back into the pitching rotation, we would be damn near unstoppable next season.

Dollander is going to the draft. I believe Basilio is implying that last off-season there was some internal drama with Dollander we were not privy to until now. Dollander and Burns have the same agent.
I heard some 3rd hand info regarding Doe’s “issues” from a guy who’s buddies with a former player who works with Doe in the offseason. What I was told was not agent related (but could have had that going on too) and I won’t relay what I was told here because A) have no way of verifying if it’s in fact true and B) it’s very personal and not my place to say even if it was told directly to me by Doe. But if there’s any validity to the stories I heard, then they were off-field distractions at a minimum (very vague I know). In addition to those rumors, Joe Doyle (MLB draft analyst) was on McKee’s podcast this week and pointed out that Doe’s arm angle/slot changed this year by 3-4 inches and caused sliders to lose their bite some and they became more sweeping vs. hard breaking and said the fastball flattened out vs. the “rise” it previously had.

Last edited:
I heard some 3rd hand info regarding Doe’s “issues” from a guy who’s buddies with a former player who works with Doe in the offseason. What I was told was not agent related (but could have had that going on too) and I won’t relay what I was told here because A) have no way of verifying if it’s in fact true and B) it’s very personal and not my place to say even if it was told directly to me by Doe. But if there’s any validity to the stories I heard, then they were off-field distractions at a minimum (very vague I know). In addition to those rumors, Joe Doyle (MLB draft analyst) was on McKee’s podcast this week and pointed out that Doe’s arm angle/slot changed this year by 3-4 inches and caused sliders to lose their bite some and they became more sweeping vs. hard breaking and said the fastball flattened out vs. the “rise” it previously had.
It was obvious and the slot changed all the time and every game. He was not close to last year pitching. Velocity yes but he did not have an out pitch like last year. He had a few good starts at the end but to be honest kind of disappointed in his performance overall. Do not about the outside the lines stuff but his motion changed and for the worse.

It was easy there was something else going on with him this year. He rarely smiled, didn't show as much emotion as 2022, and was always fighting his mechanics.

That’s some interesting and thought provoking insight you provided there.

Remove this. Why even make this B.S. post.

VN Store

Back