Butch is about to be on the podium

I'm already sick of hearing about Manziel over sleeping and probably being drunk. Either way he won't duplicate last year.

Reactions: 3 people
th

Reactions: 2 people
I'm not wishing this upon him, but wouldn't surprise me if someone breaks his leg. I'm tired of hearing about the kid. There's a reason why you don't give the heisman to a freshman. We are seeing it.

When asked is Tennessee going to be back in the BCS hunt in the near future David Pollack was quick with the "NO" :rofl: Simply because he says we can't get players from South Carolina/Spurrier and Georgia/Richt.....

But now with this staff we have great ties to Big Ten country too.....he just prays Tennessee never returns to promise....his hate for Tennessee is comical....closet Vol imo...wishes he'd picked that power T hat out of high school...

533671_10100728244514335_1164085608_n.jpg

That chick is like "seriously give me back my makeup".

Had to step out & missed CBJ. Dang! Managed to see part of Mullen & & Malzahn, both were stiffs. zzzzz zzzzz. I like OUR guy in Knoxville.

The guys on ESPN gripe, moan, and laugh about all of the Manziel talk, hype, over coverage, etc, then proceed to REPLAY and REHASH the same clips and CRAP every15 freakin minutes...Sounds like a self perpetuating problem for them.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed that.

Basically he said (not direct quotes) :

There is a lot of miss understanding about how a spread offense works and what it is. His system is adaptable and it's his job to make it work with the players he has. He can work with a pocket passer just as well as with a mobile QB. There are some things he won't give on, such as ..."we are going to be a physical team first. A run first team". <- that part gave me chills when he said it.

I can tell you this...he commanded the room. People paid attention and respected. He made a hell of a better impression than the other coaches in that room and there was an AIR about him. I have no idea why people are still doubting Tennessee...even this year. Even the faithful are still doubting. With the talent that this man has at his disposal right now he is going to shock some people...year one. That offensive line...that defense...we have a talented back field this year that was intercepting the ball left and right last year. We have some experienced backs that have been learning to run between the tackles since last year. We have speed at the young, but big for their age, wide outs. One thing about youth...they don't know they are supposed to lose! We have ALL KINDS OF INSIDE TARGETS. All with a fire in their belly that won't be quenched until they are recognized. These guys have been hyper conditioning them selves at an astonishing rate and have the opportunity to take out the whole SEC and Pack Ten with this schedule...come on guys. GET ON THE BUTCH TRAIN...we about to roll right through college football, ncaa, bcs ... whoever.

Reactions: 10 people
y'all piss and moan about johnny football all you want.

dude can ball and he'll do so again.

never heard of a star football player enjoying all the perks of being a star football player before.

not going to win a citizen of the year trophy, but that doesn't mean he isn't as good as he is.

I really enjoyed that.

There is a lot of miss understanding about how a spread offense works and what it is. His system is adaptable and it's his job to make it work with the players he has. He can work with a pocket passer just as well as with a mobile QB. There are some things he won't give on, such as ..."we are going to be a physical team first. A run first team". <- that part gave me chills when he said it.

I can tell you this...he commanded the room. People paid attention and respected. He made a hell of a better impression than the other coaches in that room and there was an AIR about him. I have no idea why people are still doubting Tennessee...even this year. Even the faithful are still doubting. With the talent that this man has at his disposal right now he is going to shock some people...year one. That offensive line...that defense...we have a talented back field this year that was intercepting the ball left and right last year. We have some experienced backs that have been learning to run between the tackles since last year. We have speed at the young, but big for their age, wide outs. One thing about youth...they don't know they are supposed to lose! We have ALL KINDS OF INSIDE TARGETS. All with a fire in their belly that won't be quenched until they are recognized. These guys have been hyper conditioning them selves at an astonishing rate and have the opportunity to take out the whole SEC and Pack Ten with this schedule...come on guys. GET ON THE BUTCH TRAIN...we about to roll right through college football, ncaa, bcs ... whoever.

Dude, I nominate you for pregame speech guy. You got me convinced we'll hang with oregon.

I really enjoyed that.

Easy there buddy!!!! You sound as if you really believe it yourself.

This team is getting me HYPED. I am so impressed with the work and conditioning they are putting in this off season. We have a team transforming themselves into grown ass men right before our eyes. All we have to do is look. Butch has every thing he needs to be successful on a whole other level, and I'm in ohio...I've been watching what this man can do for a while now. BUTCH JONES is destined for the NFL one day, but not before he turns Tennessee into champions. Who do you think wants to make a statement more this season...Butch Jones, or the team who are putting everything they have on the line for a job in the NFL. Who wants to be respected more at this point? I haven't seen what I'm seeing in Knoxville for a long time, and I am excited.

Sounds like Pollack didn't do any homework about who he was talking to and just looked at UT's record the past 3 years. Those are two completely different scenarios. That's the only thing I can think of as to why he would say UT's recruiting isn't there when UT sits top 5 on ESPN, 1st on Rivals/Scout and 2nd on 247. Baffling.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back