Butch Jones Monday Press Conference -9/16 ("FreakNotes")

All these guys quoting 40 yard dash time like that's all that matters in running the ball

Acceleration is important, agility is important, vision is important, the fastest guy may not be the best runner.

and the fastest guy may not be the most athletic, especially when one guy is only a 1/10 of a second slower or faster.

what if the slower guy is great a juking, is faster in the first 10 yards but doesnt sustain as well and has better vision when running on where to go?

If Dobbs could run the offense, he would be doing it. I think he only had like 400 yards rushing in his senior year. Those that see practice have said that he is not the "running" QB that the fans think he is

If you convert that 4th down from your own 40, you still have to drive the rest of the way down the field.
If you fail to convert, you give the opposition the ball on a short field which results in points quite frequently.

Like I said, I believe in punting. But said article stated punting an avg net of 35 yards only decreased their odds of scoring 18% or something like that. And the average conversion rate on 4th downs overall was in the 40s, with that increasing your odds of scoring 20 something percent per drive.

If Dobbs could run the offense, he would be doing it. I think he only had like 400 yards rushing in his senior year. Those that see practice have said that he is not the "running" QB that the fans think he is

racist fans are racist

eso_es_racista.gif

I watched his highlight video earlier today. I was surprised at the stats when it said 400 yards rushing and almost 4,000 passing. Doesn't come across as a dual threat qb when you look at the stats. He seems to know when to scramble. Looks smart on the field and breaks tackles. But doesn't get many yards at a time. The level of competition has alot to do with it i would think.

Since Coach Stripling said that Dobbs gave the defense "fits" running the scout team, I'd say he did a good job "running" against our 1st team defense.

VN Store

Back