BUTCH JONES said: This is unacceptable when you play football at the University of TN

No one needs to start slamming Butch Jones because we lost to the #2 team 3,000 miles away from home!

In case no one else noticed, I'm not sure there is a team that could keep up with the ducks offensively. Bama's defense would be hard-pressed to keep the ducks out of the end-zone. It just wasn't our team. They are no doubt the quickest and fastest team in America. Yep, we gave up a lot of big plays but until the ducks have a bad day I don't know of any other team who can keep up with them. That's my take.

Reactions: 1 person
More obvious answer to me is that CBJ would/should not want to get embarrassed on national tv as that will hurt recruiting (long term that should be his top priority). So even if he knew we were going to lose coaches should still have had a much better game plan - there had to be a way to not look this horrible on both offense and defense (even with our current lack of talent/depth).

Feel free to list the teams that would have (1) beaten the ducks and/or (2) would have been able to stay within 21 pts of them. They let off the gas after the 3rd qtr. Don't forget to compare apples to apples. Hmmm, we aren't even in the top 25 yet are currently playing the #2 team in the nation with several other highly ranked teams yet to play, including the #1 team. What other team, btw, plays the #1 and #2 team in the nation this year? Didn't think so.

Suddenly all o these fans who were predicting an amazing season this year just went all " realistic" on our butts. Complete 180. Give me a break. Some of you don't have a freakin clue. You act like you understand every aspect of the game and can judge talent and you know exactly what do. BS When people in the off season were trying to tell you guys to curb your enthusiasm you didnt no. Now because youre disappointed in one game you get on here and start blaming the HC, the DC and the OC! You all need to wake up to the reality of UT football. This is going to be a long long process and until you can understand that there are NO instant fixes in football and life in general go back to burying you head in the sand and pretend that the program can just be fixed with the "right" coach. Some of you make me sick.

Reactions: 4 people
Hey it's a start in the right direction. Atleast he's not comparing the game to Normandy beach or being in the jungles of Vietnam...

Watched the video not much difference comparing the last four coaches all about the same.
-we have to get better
-we have to work harder
-we must stick together
-schedule is very hard
-must recruit better
-injuries hurt us
- we have no depth
-we are young and inexperienced
-we needed playmakers
-I need to look at the film first
- and finally " it is what it is"
No different than Kiffy, or Dooley same script.

Reactions: 1 person
QUOTE=Insunseri;9164111]true vfl imo[/QUOTE]

Just being real. We are going up against better defenses starting next Saturday.

he better find a better OC and DC , I don't know what kind of Off. they are suppose to be running but it isn't working and as for DC , I thought Sal was out their calling the Def.

I think if you watch Oregon you will say that 13 times this year. I do not think it is fair to judge the job a DC is doing against an offense like Oregon runs.

Oh I have no doubt the play calling could have/should have been different. However, in order to keep players healthy for games in our SEC schedule, I could see them holding back.

It just seemed odd to me the defense pretty much collapsed in the second quarter. We were rocking pretty good in the first despite the score, but the remainder of the game just got outperformed. Didn't appear to be any major adjustments made at halftime, which I also found strange. Could have been CBJ knew the game was out of hand and was doing enough to preserve his 1s and 2s to get out next week versus Florida.

Coulda, maybe and all that. Just an alternate explanation for the seemingly lack of coaching in the second half.

Do you think the defense let down could have been we only had 4 healthy interior DL.

BUTCH JONES: This is unacceptable when you play football at the University of Tennessee.

: We need to regroup. It's a very, very long season. We're going to find out our competitive spirit.

Our fan showing was outstanding. This will not be tolerated. We can NEVER accept this performance.

This football team is prideful. It's all in the week of prep. Florida isn't going to feel sorry for us. We have to get better.

THIS IS A QUOTE FROM BUTCH JONES AFTER THE GAME>

hey butch the coaching wasn't any better.

Reactions: 2 people
Exactly, we just don't have hardly any talent. All of our players are overrated.

I do not know if talent is the case as much as depth. Although I find it ironic that we were told of how great a recruiter Dooley was and after 3 years of his recruiting our depth is an issue and we have starters who would not start on most other SEC teams.

Suddenly all o these fans who were predicting an amazing season this year just went all " realistic" on our butts. Complete 180. Give me a break. Some of you don't have a freakin clue. You act like you understand every aspect of the game and can judge talent and you know exactly what do. BS When people in the off season were trying to tell you guys to curb your enthusiasm you didnt no. Now because youre disappointed in one game you get on here and start blaming the HC, the DC and the OC! You all need to wake up to the reality of UT football. This is going to be a long long process and until you can understand that there are NO instant fixes in football and life in general go back to burying you head in the sand and pretend that the program can just be fixed with the "right" coach. Some of you make me sick.

There's a lot of truth in this. All we've heard about is how much Butch gets it and that __________ is over rated.

No one wanted to see UT get throttled like that. But the fact is, UT isn't ready for the big-time, yet. Unfortunately, the schedule doesn't let up. They've got to figure it out on the run.

To see if Butch truly gets it, let's see how the team responds against UF. Will they lay down or play with an attitude?

Personally, I think UT responds and plays well on Sat.

Reactions: 2 people
he better find a better OC and DC , I don't know what kind of Off. they are suppose to be running but it isn't working and as for DC , I thought Sal was out their calling the Def.

Congrats, you just made the top ten list of all time dumb posts.

Feel free to list the teams that would have (1) beaten the ducks and/or (2) would have been able to stay within 21 pts of them. They let off the gas after the 3rd qtr. Don't forget to compare apples to apples. Hmmm, we aren't even in the top 25 yet are currently playing the #2 team in the nation with several other highly ranked teams yet to play, including the #1 team. What other team, btw, plays the #1 and #2 team in the nation this year? Didn't think so.

We did not have to beat the ducks or stay within 21 points. That's not what the disappointment is about - it's about having the whole summer to fix the most obvious issues (assignments and playing the gaps on defense) and coming up with more than 5 offensive plays. We lost without even putting up a fight. The coaching staff was way to conservative, especially after the game started getting out of reach I expected them to pull out all the stops and at least go down swinging - they just rolled over and played dead. Even the TV commentators figured out that it was necessary to go for it on few of those 4th downs in the second quarter (not like it makes any difference to Oregon offense or our defense whether Oregon has extra 25-30 yards to drive before they score so punting did not make any sense - especially when they could not figure out until the second half that Palardy should always punt out of bounds (how hard was that to figure out even after looking at just the opening kickoff)?

Last edited:
I wonder how many more times this year we will hear the same: This is unacceptable when you play football at the University of TN....I hope this is not a broken record

I wonder how many more times this year we will hear the same: This is unacceptable when you play football at the University of TN....I hope this is not a broken record

It's easy pointing fingers at players but how about taking some responsibility and admitting that coaching and game plan was also unacceptable?

Reactions: 3 people
It's easy pointing fingers at players but how about taking some responsibility and admitting that coaching and game plan was also unacceptable?

I take the quote as against the coaching, I see no player finger pointing

In case no one else noticed, I'm not sure there is a team that could keep up with the ducks offensively. Bama's defense would be hard-pressed to keep the ducks out of the end-zone. It just wasn't our team. They are no doubt the quickest and fastest team in America. Yep, we gave up a lot of big plays but until the ducks have a bad day I don't know of any other team who can keep up with them. That's my take.

Texas aTm isn't anyway close speed and pace wise to this Ducks squad...And they piled up yards and points against Bama...unfortunately for them their defense is paying homage to Sal' s Squad from last year :yuck:

VN Store

Back