BUTCH JONES said: This is unacceptable when you play football at the University of TN

I don't drink.

And I am not afraid of being laughed at by those who don't like being confronted with things they don't want to hear.

Foolishness? I guess denying that Jones coached poorly today makes you "wise"?

I am not a negative person by nature. I am a hopeful person. I want to see reasons to hope Jones will bring UT back. Yes I have heard all the bluster that you all have....

I saw a nice job last Saturday against a team that was supposed to challenge UT. I saw a poor job today against a team that UT should have at least competed with for a little while. Every game matters. Both of those matter. Both are a reflection on the coach.

:lolabove: I am sorry but I literally don't have time to argue with someone who CLEARLY doesn't understand football. You CAN'T COMPARE the last 2 games...Oregon could have put up 100 on WKU. Your foolishness shines brightly, my friend

Good grief - you have been ready to throw him under the bus since before the season started with your demand for at least 7 wins. This program has a bunch of kids that don't know how to win. It will be a couple of years before things improve. Maybe we should hire you as coach since you obviously know everything there is to know about football.

Nice try at deflection but no. UT doesn't need a coach that only gets the sum of the talent of the roster in wins. The coach UT needs will get more than the sum of his roster. For an average coach, this is a six win team.

Tell Freeze that Ole Miss didn't know how to win... right? Tell Sumlin. Tell Meyer when he arrived at UF... or Saban when he arrived at LSU.

UT needs a GREAT coach. Not a good coach. Great coaches have immediate impact.

Reactions: 1 person
Meyer, Richt, Saban, and Miles did not hire bearcat assistant coaching staffs to compete in the SEC. That is the huge difference. I was genuinely curious what kind of game plan this staff would come up with (they had the whole summer), but even in my worst dreams I could not envision this type of impotence (they literally laid down and did not even put up a fight - did not take any chances, not even throw interceptions while trying to do something, or get mad and hit someone while getting embarrassed).

Well, there was no gameplan that would have saved UT unless giving Oregon the flu was in it.

I am disappointed with some of Jones' decision making in today's game, but using that as some sort of claim that is an indication that Coach Jones isn't the answer is quite silly.

:lolabove: I am sorry but I literally don't have time to argue with someone who CLEARLY doesn't understand football. You CAN'T COMPARE the last 2 games...Oregon could have put up 100 on WKU. Your foolishness shines brightly, my friend

Oregon could have put a hundred on us.

Nice try at deflection but no. UT doesn't need a coach that only gets the sum of the talent of the roster in wins. The coach UT needs will get more than the sum of his roster. For an average coach, this is a six win team.

Tell Freeze that Ole Miss didn't know how to win... right? Tell Sumlin. Tell Meyer when he arrived at UF... or Saban when he arrived at LSU.

UT needs a GREAT coach. Not a good coach. Great coaches have immediate impact.

So Saban going 7-6 his first year is making a great impact immediately? :blink:

Meyer, Richt, Saban, and Miles did not hire bearcat assistant coaching staffs to compete in the SEC. That is the huge difference. I was genuinely curious what kind of game plan this staff would come up with (they had the whole summer), but even in my worst dreams I could not envision this type of impotence (they literally laid down and did not even put up a fight - did not take any chances, not even throw interceptions while trying to do something, or get mad and hit someone while getting embarrassed).
Your last sentence tells me all I need to know about you. Seems you'd fit in well with a lot of Alabama fans from the northern section of said state.

If I didn't know football then you COULD argue with me. All you can do is deny what you saw today. Apparently you cannot accept the possibility that Jones is not as good as you have convinced yourself he is.

I HOPE he's great... but the proving is up to him... and not up to me to make excuses for him.

But since we are criticizing each other's ability to "wisely" argue our points.... I didn't compare the last two games and it doesn't matter what Oregon would have done vs WKU.

If I didn't know football then you COULD argue with me. All you can do is deny what you saw today. Apparently you cannot accept the possibility that Jones is not as good as you have convinced yourself he is.

I HOPE he's great... but the proving is up to him... and not up to me to make excuses for him.

But since we are criticizing each other's ability to "wisely" argue our points.... I didn't compare the last two games and it doesn't matter what Oregon would have done vs WKU.

Could you give specifics on what Butch messed up on? Everything you have said is general...thanks

he better find a better OC and DC , I don't know what kind of Off. they are suppose to be running but it isn't working and as for DC , I thought Sal was out their calling the Def.

Sal never coordinated a defense last year anywhere as offensively electric as Oregon. Akron and Troy looked like bcs offenses against him.

Well, there was no gameplan that would have saved UT unless giving Oregon the flu was in it.

I am disappointed with some of Jones' decision making in today's game, but using that as some sort of claim that is an indication that Coach Jones isn't the answer is quite silly.

It's to early to say for sure whether CBJ is the answer but I'm fairly sure that his OC and DC are not likely going to cut it in SEC (remember that couple of guys on our defensive staff were on Georgia defensive staff that got thrashed by Kiffin, as well as by Dooley when they were on bearcat staff).

So Saban going 7-6 his first year is making a great impact immediately? :blink:

Anomalies do not create the "rule". Name another coach that took over a down program, did not make at least a minor improvement in wins, then went on to greatness.

You may find one... but you will have to look hard because there aren't many of them.

BTW, I already explained the deal Saban had coming into Bama... one with your extraordinary football knowledge compared to mine should have remembered.

Reactions: 1 person
It's to early to say for sure whether CBJ is the answer but I'm fairly sure that his OC and DC are not likely going to cut it in SEC (remember that couple of guys on our defensive staff were on Georgia defensive staff that got thrashed by Kiffin, as well as by Dooley when they were on bearcat staff).

I like Bajakian and think he'll do fine here.

Jancek, I understand what you are saying.

he better find a better OC and DC , I don't know what kind of Off. they are suppose to be running but it isn't working and as for DC , I thought Sal was out theRE calling the Def.

I wasn't the Xs and Os, it was the Jimmys and Joes. (Dangit, I have quoting Fulmer) Face it, Oregon was THAT good.

I didn't see anyone quit tonight. Outclassed, yes, but nobody quit on us today. This was a hard learning experience for the team tonight. I know you all are disappointed, but you can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs. And for this team to get better, they needed it. They learned more tonight than they did against Austin Peay Junior High, or Western Kentucky High School.

The more I reflect, I think it is clear that CBJ didn't come to Oregon to win. This leads me to believe there might be some credence to CBJ keeping things vanilla until UF.

Have you not seen oregon play a game in the last 3-4 years...not many teams can keep up...

Again, if UT had been in the game for more than half a qtr we wouldn't be having this argument. If there had been anything from a coaching point that made UT look like the belonged in the game for even brief moments after the first drive.... we wouldn't be having this conversation.

This was simply a poor coaching performance.

The more I reflect, I think it is clear that CBJ didn't come to Oregon to win. This leads me to believe there might be some credence to CBJ keeping things vanilla until UF.

I was VERY surprised he was so conservative. Did he go into the game thinking "Oregon has so much talent we can't win, especially on the road. I'm going to treat this like a normal game and save all my tricks for Florida."? I mean, I'm not sure how I feel about that if true.

Anomalies do not create the "rule". Name another coach that took over a down program, did not make at least a minor improvement in wins, then went on to greatness.

You may find one... but you will have to look hard because there aren't many of them.

BTW, I already explained the deal Saban had coming into Bama... one with your extraordinary football knowledge compared to mine should have remembered.

Also, lets not forget, Saban beat UT his first year at Alabama which was an upset win over a major rival. I've been waiting on one of those for 4 years now.

Phew. I can't even imagine what would have happened had you not made this thread. I mean...Butch Jones would have gone the rest of this season thinking that this WAS acceptable!! He would have probably coasted through the rest of the season, losing every game by 40 points.

You might have just saved our season. I just hope to god that Butch is a VN reader...

Can you not read, he said CBJ said after the game

I knew the s--t would hit the fan with the first loss, gotta say it was EMBARRASSING though! :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: Now Vols forget this day and beat the living sh-t outta the gators! :thumbsup:

I would not take tennessee and 15pts. if they had to play trey burton at qb the whole game. This is going to take time and patience and I'm not sure i have it

VN Store

Back