BUTCH JONES said: This is unacceptable when you play football at the University of TN

Hearing Butch say that makes me feel better. People around here think its acceptable to be beat that bad because Oregon is #2 in the country. Butch expects to compete period.

Let's get Florida. That will make a lot of this go away.

Reactions: 8 people
I knew the s--t would hit the fan with the first loss, gotta say it was EMBARRASSING though! :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: Now Vols forget this day and beat the living sh-t outta the gators! :thumbsup:

Reactions: 4 people
Phew. I can't even imagine what would have happened had you not made this thread. I mean...Butch Jones would have gone the rest of this season thinking that this WAS acceptable!! He would have probably coasted through the rest of the season, losing every game by 40 points.

You might have just saved our season. I just hope to god that Butch is a VN reader...

So you're one of those.

Noted.

Reactions: 2 people
Hearing Butch say that makes me feel better. People around here think its acceptable to be beat that bad because Oregon is #2 in the country. Butch expects to compete period.

Let's get Florida. That will make a lot of this go away.

Randolph just said something like "We'll never play like this again". It helped a little to hear that. Still pissed though.

Reactions: 5 people
BUTCH JONES: This is unacceptable when you play football at the University of Tennessee.

Well there is one exception and that's when you play Oregon. Their offense is just unstoppable, especially against mediocre defenses.

he better find a better OC and DC , I don't know what kind of Off. they are suppose to be running but it isn't working and as for DC , I thought Sal was out their calling the Def.

If you know anything about football you know it will take 2 or three years to get the good players here. It will happen you will see.

Reactions: 3 people
That was a quote, genius.

Genius? A quote without quotation marks that doesn't explicitly state that it is a quote, and sounds like the normal rabid, delusional volnation post-loss meltdown? Perhaps I aimed at the wrong guy, but odds are a post like mine will hit right now.

Reactions: 1 person
F CBJ for making that quote UNLESS he backs it up by making some serious changes. Quotes don't win football games. Preperation, a solid game plan, and solid on field coaching wins football games. One or more of the above were missing today.

Phew. I can't even imagine what would have happened had you not made this thread. I mean...Butch Jones would have gone the rest of this season thinking that this WAS acceptable!! He would have probably coasted through the rest of the season, losing every game by 40 points.

You might have just saved our season. I just hope to god that Butch is a VN reader...

OP is quoting CBJ from his post game presser

F CBJ for making that quote UNLESS he backs it up by making some serious changes. Quotes don't win football games. Preperation, a solid game plan, and solid on field coaching wins football games. One or more of the above were missing today.

Don't forget the horses.

Gotta have some horses.

So... Are you simple?

he better find a better OC and DC , I don't know what kind of Off. they are suppose to be running but it isn't working and as for DC , I thought Sal was out their calling the Def.
Looked like the Ducks were snapping the ball before we got a defense called.
Guys standing around in space.
I'd say more teams will experience that this season against them. 17seconds. Unreal.

Well there is one exception and that's when you play Oregon. Their offense is just unstoppable, especially against mediocre defenses.

Their offense is not unstoppable. It just takes really good personnel, lots of speed, and even more discipline. If you noticed, we did fairly well against their run today, but couldn't stop the pass.

With good cover guys, they can be contained. They are VERY good, but they are not unstoppable.

tumblr_lvln5mf9TO1r31apmo1_500.gif

Reactions: 7 people
I'm still holding out hope that we're sitting on some unique offensive run packages/plays for Oregon.

To be dead honest, we could have played our best and Oregon played their worst and still probably would have lost by 14 points. No reason to play your hand if you're going to lose anyway.

I did see that the team kept competitive. We got scorched on some plays, but I think most people were expecting that. I'm personally really disappointed (well, for what it's worth) with the playcalling. I don't like making excuses but I can't blame McNeil/Sutton for their lapses in coverage as they haven't played in the Swamp or Bryant-Denny. Autzen is a very rough place to make a start as a young kid.

We got burned bad, but I told myself I would withhold my initial judgment on this staff until after the Florida game and then re-evaluate at the end of the year and try to find any signal of improvement.

So, as of right now... it was a horribly executed and poorly called game. Those will happen. Teams will evolve and the staff will evolve with them. I'm still holding out hope, I just am hopefully it's not being totally naive.

I thought coming into this game that it being at Autzen could be worth as much as 21 points (14 more for them and 7 fewer for us). Young WRs and a shaky QB make audibles at the line impossible. Young secondary make adjustments difficult as well.

I just hope these guys don't let this loss get to their head. Florida is still winnable in my mind if we can get a consistent QB back there.

Reactions: 1 person
The offensive game plan was an idiotic display if football! We should have lined up in the I and pounded them with our Oline!

This spread sh!t is just another way to lose!

Reactions: 4 people
I blame Kiffin and Dooley. Two years before we get back to the good old days again. Was at the game. I think Oregon had more open recievers than last years secondary. Can not believe the space we gave them to work with

We need to get our act together on offense--and I'm talking about the coaches! Do I expect this group to score 30? No. But I know this: Good offensive coaches can take mediocre or young talent and MAKE FIRST DOWNS. They can do that by playing to strengths, by emphasizing execution on a manageable number of plays, and by good play calling. We had one good drive and then the offense completely imploded. We seemed to run the same slow-developing play all day--getting two yards. And let's not pretend that Oregon is alabama defensively. They aren't.

VN Store

Back