BUTCH JONES said: This is unacceptable when you play football at the University of TN

Coach Jones, I back you 110%, but having one running play in the play book isn't going to work....

Reactions: 4 people
he better find a better OC and DC , I don't know what kind of Off. they are suppose to be running but it isn't working and as for DC , I thought Sal was out their calling the Def.

You need to buy a book about football. Then maybe you would understand or maybe not.

Reactions: 3 people
Coach can we have more than 2 running plays in our playbook?

I understand your point, but Oregon has 2 running plays as well. They have the athletes. We don't. Yes, I would liked for them to have been more creative, but it's easier when you have the guys that can get it done.

Man, every time you think you can't feel worse about a UT performance... boom they bring you to a new low. Lol Well at least they keep surprising. I have Bama friends trying to pretend they are rooting for Tennessee to do well because we are so pathetic. This is incredible. Sorry for *****ing. Had to vent somewhere, after all.

Reactions: 1 person
Man, every time you think you can't feel worse about a UT performance... boom they bring you to a new low. Lol Well at least they keep surprising. I have Bama friends trying to pretend they are rooting for Tennessee to do well because we are so pathetic. This is incredible. Sorry for *****ing. Had to vent somewhere, after all.

I don't want to lose like this, but I don't understand how people are surprised. I admit that I was partially fooled by Dooley, but our new coach needs more than 3 games to change what we have had. We have to continue to support them, and better times are ahead. We have some young fans who need to understand the process.

Next week's Florida offense may feel like slow motion between plays. Look at it this way...this game was us on Paris Island getting boot camp for the SEC season. You have to be broken down before you can truly come together and build up.

I'm pretty realistic and didn't expect anything this game. If the Redskins can struggle against this type offense and these Ducks run it three seconds faster, we were doomed from the beginning.

Butch has brought back pride with previous coaches and alumni. As many have stated, we need patience. Beat the Gators and VN flips back the other direction. Go Vols!

Reactions: 2 people
We need to get our act together on offense--and I'm talking about the coaches! Do I expect this group to score 30? No. But I know this: Good offensive coaches can take mediocre or young talent and MAKE FIRST DOWNS. They can do that by playing to strengths, by emphasizing execution on a manageable number of plays, and by good play calling. We had one good drive and then the offense completely imploded. We seemed to run the same slow-developing play all day--getting two yards. And let's not pretend that Oregon is alabama defensively. They aren't.

Our offense imploded because Worley couldn't complete many passes that werent less than 5 yards. I kept seeing Worley miss wide open targets. Football starts at the center, but then it goes to the quarterback. If he can't throw an accurate ball, then our offense won't move no matter what we call.....

Just saw thE post game: one question was not asked. "Do you regret not going for it on forth and short?"

I do feel bad for coach and the players trying to do this schedule with a bunch of young men strait out of high school and JUCO. NO DEPTH.

The offensive game plan was an idiotic display if football! We should have lined up in the I and pounded them with our Oline!

This spread sh!t is just another way to lose!

I thought they abandoned the running game too early. I was expecting the game plan to be run, run and run some more.

Just saw thE post game: one question was not asked. "Do you regret not going for it on forth and short?"

I do feel bad for coach and the players trying to do this schedule with a bunch of young men strait out of high school and JUCO. NO DEPTH.

CBJ looked like a stubborn @sshole. More conservative that Fulmer ever was. I cant help but feel like he is a liar and full of sh!t with all his talk.

Next week's Florida offense may feel like slow motion between plays. Look at it this way...this game was us on Paris Island getting boot camp for the SEC season. You have to be broken down before you can truly come together and build up.

I'm pretty realistic and didn't expect anything this game. If the Redskins can struggle against this type offense and these Ducks run it three seconds faster, we were doomed from the beginning.

Butch has brought back pride with previous coaches and alumni. As many have stated, we need patience. Beat the Gators and VN flips back the other direction. Go Vols!
\

We wont beat Florida unless we magically grow a new, talented QB.

Once Florida blows up our sh!tty secondary we will be helpless to come back.

It was expected if you've been paying attention.

So you expected Jones to take a team that was by no stretch that undermanned and lead them to the worst loss since 1910?

Yeah, I know. It's Dooley's fault or the Ducks are just that good or yada, yada, yada. The flat truth is that was an extremely poorly coached and executed game.

BUTCH JONES: This is unacceptable when you play football at the University of Tennessee.

: We need to regroup. It's a very, very long season. We're going to find out our competitive spirit.

Our fan showing was outstanding. This will not be tolerated. We can NEVER accept this performance.

This football team is prideful. It's all in the week of prep. Florida isn't going to feel sorry for us. We have to get better.

THIS IS A QUOTE FROM BUTCH JONES AFTER THE GAME>

Thanks for sharing. He looked pissed on the sidelines. Better days. Believe. At least he didn't say we were gonna work like heck or discuss shower etiquette.

Kidding right? This team has seniors and upperclassmen on the OL and in the D front 7. No depth? Lots of teams that didn't get embarrassed today lack depth.

This was a VERY poor coaching job. It might have been too much to expect a win... but the worst loss in 100 years? Dooley didn't have a team to beat Oregon 3 years ago either. He had them in the game at the half with an O that consisted of Poole right, Poole left.

VN Store

Back