BUTCH JONES said: This is unacceptable when you play football at the University of TN

Thanks for sharing. He looked pissed on the sidelines. Better days. Believe. At least he didn't say we were gonna work like heck or discuss shower etiquette.
Jones and staff laid an egg. Poor coaching. Poor execution.

I'll "believe" when he gives me reason. This was a HUGE step in the wrong direction. "Excitement" and cliches are all fine and dandy.... but I'd much rather have exceptional coaching. Today wasn't even average coaching.

Reactions: 2 people
for winning a National Championship ?

No for letting the program fall from that level to the shambles it was when he was fired. Deny all you want... he put the program down in the hole.

The coaching job done today is an indicator that UT has not yet found the coach to pull the program out of the hole.

Jones and staff laid an egg. Poor coaching. Poor execution.

I'll "believe" when he gives me reason. This was a HUGE step in the wrong direction. "Excitement" and cliches are all fine and dandy.... but I'd much rather have exceptional coaching. Today wasn't even average coaching.

What specifically should he have done? You can't spend all night writing up plays and a game plan I know, but what would you have done exactly?

Reactions: 1 person
Kidding right? This team has seniors and upperclassmen on the OL and in the D front 7. No depth? Lots of teams that didn't get embarrassed today lack depth.

This was a VERY poor coaching job. It might have been too much to expect a win... but the worst loss in 100 years? Dooley didn't have a team to beat Oregon 3 years ago either. He had them in the game at the half with an O that consisted of Poole right, Poole left.

I'm NOT going to sit here and get in an argument with you tonight...I'm about to pass out. But we could not connect with throws...inexperienced passers and young receivers. All our play makers where injured. Our line was what... two deep if lucky on a couple positions?

Kidding right? This team has seniors and upperclassmen on the OL and in the D front 7. No depth? Lots of teams that didn't get embarrassed today lack depth.

This was a VERY poor coaching job. It might have been too much to expect a win... but the worst loss in 100 years? Dooley didn't have a team to beat Oregon 3 years ago either. He had them in the game at the half with an O that consisted of Poole right, Poole left.

This is so ridiculous, it isn't even funny. No, I didn't expect to lose by 45 points. But no one else played Oregon today. We are thin in the first place, but we are missing our best LB and 3 WR's. Before you go off about the worst loss since whenever, lets see how many CBJ loses like this. If he loses as many as Dooley, then he sucks. Dooley may not have had as bad a loss, but I bet he had 10 losses of at least 20 points.

I don't want to lose like this, but I don't understand how people are surprised. I admit that I was partially fooled by Dooley, but our new coach needs more than 3 games to change what we have had. We have to continue to support them, and better times are ahead. We have some young fans who need to understand the process.

I'm not a young fan. I have seen this act before. Dooley said alot of the right things. He had a worse team than the current UT team in the game at the half 3 years ago after 3 games... we all know how that turned out.

Jones needs to really get his act together or he may be another 3 year experiment.

No for letting the program fall from that level to the shambles it was when he was fired. Deny all you want... he put the program down in the hole.

The coaching job done today is an indicator that UT has not yet found the coach to pull the program out of the hole.

No it's not. Quit whining. CBJ went 4-8 in his first year at Cincy. One game does not make a career- sad that we have fans like this. Really sad.

Reactions: 2 people
This is so ridiculous, it isn't even funny. No, I didn't expect to lose by 45 points. But no one else played Oregon today. We are thin in the first place, but we are missing our best LB and 3 WR's. Before you go off about the worst loss since whenever, lets see how many CBJ loses like this. If he loses as many as Dooley, then he sucks. Dooley may not have had as bad a loss, but I bet he had 10 losses of at least 20 points.

If Jones doesn't coach better than he did today then you'll see several more 20+ pt losses this year. You'll see even more next year when he REALLY has no experience, depth, or talent.

Don't be blind. All of us want to hope and believe. But there was NOTHING after the first drive today that suggests Jones is the right guy for the job.

I'm not a young fan. I have seen this act before. Dooley said alot of the right things. He had a worse team than the current UT team in the game at the half 3 years ago after 3 games... we all know how that turned out.

Jones needs to really get his act together or he may be another 3 year experiment.

Sure- one game. If it becomes a pattern, then yes. But one game where hardly anyone wins a game is not an indication. OVERREACTION.

What specifically should he have done? You can't spend all night writing up plays and a game plan I know, but what would you have done exactly?

After the first.... I dont know.... let's say FIVE times we were torched after punting the ball I would have liked to have seen some kind of fourth and short yardage try, especially when on the Oregon side of the 50.

Once Jones saw that his defense was going to be shredded to pieces he needed to play more balls to the wall with trick plays and effort on every down, even 4th down.

Its like he just laid down and curled up in the fetal position and waited for the horn to sound.

Listen.... I NEVER expected a win. But I expected a fighting spirit. CBJ was conservative to the point of being a stubborn @sshole about it.

At least Dooley's team fought hard for one half.

If Jones doesn't coach better than he did today then you'll see several more 20+ pt losses this year. You'll see even more next year when he REALLY has no experience, depth, or talent.

Don't be blind. All of us want to hope and believe. But there was NOTHING after the first drive today that suggests Jones is the right guy for the job.

Then go support another team. I don't care- I will watch every game. It is dumb to say the things you are after game 3. I said 6 wins was a good year and sticking to it.

I hope no one has sprained their ankle jumping off the ship so early. The coaches honeymoon with a lot of folks ended quickly didn't it?

Sure- one game. If it becomes a pattern, then yes. But one game where hardly anyone wins a game is not an indication. OVERREACTION.

No. Not at all. This is not a "reaction" at all. I said before the game that this roster was good enough to not lose in a huge blow out. The biggest advantage UT had... The OL... was easily turned into a non-factor by Oregon's brand new HC.

Jones was outcoached.... very badly.

QB change in 2010 made the difference. Dooley played Simms too long as he was too stubborn to give Tyler the key's to the offense and we know how that turned out. By the time Tyler was the starter, the offense turned out to be fine.

I hope no one has sprained their ankle jumping off the ship so early. The coaches honeymoon with a lot of folks ended quickly didn't it?

It really is unbelievable but not surprised. I don't understand people these days but what do I know?

I will not. I will root for UT until we get it right. Like how I remember it from the 90's. Now leave me the hell alone you young punk.

No... NO.... You can't be a fan unless you try to spin that pathetic coaching job today into some reason to hope Jones is the answer.

Don't you know anything?

No. Not at all. This is not a "reaction" at all. I said before the game that this roster was good enough to not lose in a huge blow out. The biggest advantage UT had... The OL... was easily turned into a non-factor by Oregon's brand new HC.

Jones was outcoached.... very badly.

Well he should learn from it. But it doesn't mean that he will fail and lose every game. But I am tired of arguing. People are so impatient and negative these days. Kind of sad.

Then go support another team. I don't care- I will watch every game. It is dumb to say the things you are after game 3. I said 6 wins was a good year and sticking to it.

Its not about wins. Everybody knows this is a 6-6 year at best. It about how they look and what they have or have not learned from last year's debacle.

I was wary from the start of the year. After all, even Dooley could win the first two games. But I expected some fight. Some grit, some creative genius. some sense of desperation. I got nothing. The body had no pulse when it arrived in Oregon. Lifeless.

It really is unbelievable but not surprised. I don't understand people these days but what do I know?
Nothing.... you hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil.... Just ignore the reality of what you just witnessed.

The offensive game plan was an idiotic display if football! We should have lined up in the I and pounded them with our Oline!

This spread sh!t is just another way to lose!

I agree. The play calling was unimaginative and the execution was poor.

VN Store

Back