Butch Jones

Thu., Sep. 6 vs. Pittsburgh * Nippert Stadium W, 34-10
Sat., Sep. 15 vs. Delaware State Nippert Stadium W, 23-7
Sat., Sep. 29 vs. Virginia Tech FedEx Field - Landover, Md. W, 27-24
Sat., Oct. 6 vs. Miami (Ohio) Nippert Stadium W, 52-14
Sat., Oct. 13 vs. Fordham Nippert Stadium W, 49-17
Sat., Oct. 20 at Toledo Toledo, Ohio L, 29-23
Fri., Oct. 26 at Louisville * Louisville, Ky. L, 34-31 (OT)
Sat., Nov. 3 vs. Syracuse * Nippert Stadium W, 35-24
Sat., Nov. 10 at Temple * Philadelphia, Pa. W, 34-10
Sat., Nov. 17 vs. Rutgers * Nippert Stadium L, 10-3
Fri., Nov. 23 vs. USF * Nippert Stadium W, 27-10
Sat., Dec. 1 at Connecticut * East Hartford, Conn. 3:30 p.m. ET

He beat Virginia Tech, Pittsburg, South Florida, Syracuse, Temple, and almost beat Louisville. Lousiville had way more talent and a good coach. This is much more credible than Dooley's record at Louisianna Tech.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
According to this fanbase....it's Jon Gruden for HC hands down. Don't want somebody else at all. It's Gruden....Gruden.....or Gruden. There's nobody else out there that compares to Jon Gruden. Gruden...Gruden....or Gruden. The players will come if Gruden is the HC. Gruden...Gruden....or Gruden. Don't even say another coach's name coming to UT. It's Gruden or nobody.

Terrible. Cincy plays in a stadium of 40K in the worst conference (Big East) He would be a Dooley type hire.

Ever been to a game there? The wife is in pharmacy school at UC and that is actually a pretty good place to watch a game. But yes, conference is poop.

According to this fanbase....it's Jon Gruden for HC hands down. Don't want somebody else at all. It's Gruden....Gruden.....or Gruden. There's nobody else out there that compares to Jon Gruden. Gruden...Gruden....or Gruden. The players will come if Gruden is the HC. Gruden...Gruden....or Gruden. Don't even say another coach's name coming to UT. It's Gruden or nobody.

Not true. Bob Stoops, Gary Patterson, and Chris Peterson would be acceptable. Anyone else just close the program down.

Thu., Sep. 6 vs. Pittsburgh * Nippert Stadium W, 34-10
Sat., Sep. 15 vs. Delaware State Nippert Stadium W, 23-7
Sat., Sep. 29 vs. Virginia Tech FedEx Field - Landover, Md. W, 27-24
Sat., Oct. 6 vs. Miami (Ohio) Nippert Stadium W, 52-14
Sat., Oct. 13 vs. Fordham Nippert Stadium W, 49-17
Sat., Oct. 20 at Toledo Toledo, Ohio L, 29-23
Fri., Oct. 26 at Louisville * Louisville, Ky. L, 34-31 (OT)
Sat., Nov. 3 vs. Syracuse * Nippert Stadium W, 35-24
Sat., Nov. 10 at Temple * Philadelphia, Pa. W, 34-10
Sat., Nov. 17 vs. Rutgers * Nippert Stadium L, 10-3
Fri., Nov. 23 vs. USF * Nippert Stadium W, 27-10
Sat., Dec. 1 at Connecticut * East Hartford, Conn. 3:30 p.m. ET

He beat Virginia Tech, Pittsburg, South Florida, Syracuse, Temple, and almost beat Louisville. Lousiville had way more talent and a good coach. This is much more credible than Dooley's record at Louisianna Tech.

Is this suppose to be impressive? Looks like Vandys wins all have losing records. By the way Dooley almost beat LSU that had way more talent and a good coach.

Butch Jones NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Should've kept dooley another yr or 2 if they make that kind of hire. Would save ut money then we could really pay any coach want.

Me and my brother were talking the other night about the next coach and we both agree that this will be the biggest coaching hire in Tennessee Football history. They have to go big with a major coach. If we have another 6-6, 5-7,5-7 three years Vol fans will burn knoxville to the ground. Lets keep this fine state from turning to Black and Gold.:salute:

I would love to have Gruden, but you can't assume he is a slam dunk. Lot's of reasons why he wouldn't want to coach college vs staying where he is or coaching another pro team.

• recruiting is time comsuming
  • learning all the NCAA rules
  • keeping kids out of trouble and academically eligible is extra stress
  • going from the pressure of not loosing 5-7 games in the pros to now only having 0-1 loss margin of error.
  • dealing with pressure from the AD and the boosters
  • all the extra speaking engagements he has to make
  • more time away from his family

and that's just a few of the items worth mentioning. If I were him, I wouldn't do it. I'd stay right where I am. The only reason why he would come here that makes sense would be the money (which he doesn't need), the challenge of resurrecting a football program, and winning a NC. He may gauge interest but I think after lots of thought, he will decline the offer. I HOPE I'm wrong, but I just can't see it happening.

So if not Gruden, then who? What other big name coach is out there that would be willing to leave where they are at to coach at UT?

Maybe Stoops, maybe Jimbo Fisher - who just got hammered by the Gators. Golden is a possibility but he is no more credible than Butch Jones IMO.

Butch Jones will be going to Kentucky, seems like the next step for him before he qualifies for a big-time program.

VN Store

Back