‘23 CA QB Nicholaus Iamaleava (Tennessee)

Lmao we are paying 8mil for a QB that we have no idea if they will pan out or not. Look at all the top rated QB’s over the last 5-10 years. How many of them are major contributors? Odds aren’t in our favor.

Also.. not sure we can give the staff much credit for this. Spyre is the one making this happen not the staff. It’s not like they convinced a top rated QB to come here for free. This commit was bought not earned. Had another school stepped up to the plate with that kind of money would he still have chose us?
So what. Go away

For heavens sake, why are some of you still discussing his contract?

Why not just be happy for the kid instead of wondering how he’s going to get his money?
I’m over the moon for him. Still curious to see how the contract is structured just bc it’s historic numbers wise. Don’t want to diminish what he means to the team just want to see the layout of that contract.

It’s interesting that coaching contracts jumped so much in the same year that it looks like the NIL will take a huge leap forward.

Lmao we are paying 8mil for a QB that we have no idea if they will pan out or not. Look at all the top rated QB’s over the last 5-10 years. How many of them are major contributors? Odds aren’t in our favor.

Also.. not sure we can give the staff much credit for this. Spyre is the one making this happen not the staff. It’s not like they convinced a top rated QB to come here for free. This commit was bought not earned. Had another school stepped up to the plate with that kind of money would he still have chose us?
Yo, is this you?

1648155100715.gif

52860484.jpg

Honestly, for uber wealthy people...8 Mill is a drop in the bucket.

Who knows where these Spyre morans are getting their coin.

Same place ZZ's did...350k in 24 hours, now imagine contibuting over months.

The way I look at it...ask every of the 100k Neyland attendees for $19.51. Now do that 8 times a year for every home game.

That, in essence, is Spyre. And that's ignoring the big donors and you're already at almost $16mm/year. The big donors are the ones that do things like $350mm Neyland renovations. So, one can easily imagine how this all sets up for a $25mm/year goal.

This is about as inaccurate as anyone can be. If he didn't like the stuff he wouldn't be coming to TN. He was gonna get paid no matter where he ended up. He's also talked about how much he loves the Coach's.

We aren't paying him anything,his NIL is. You don't other Elite school aren't paying million for players before the whole NIL thing. Any top athlete will get paid no matter where they go. Plus Spyre singing him to an NIL doesn't mean he had to come to TN. He still can go anywhere he wants if he was doing it just for money.

Reactions: Vol4life2

I'll take Coach Heupel and the odds.

So had a chance to meet n NFL coach headed from a pro day my Grandpa knows some ppl.I barely know my own damn name for the record some days but he saw my UT gear introduced himself & his next words were "Nico RidingLamas (we laughed everyone had a few by then)but says "Now Josh imma tell you cause this is what I fu***n do so listen but that mofo is a Heisman 1st rd qb playing in high school"😂😂 then someone a few feet away jumps in is like"U talkin Nico kid from Cali"?Then he says "that sob is gonna paint college orange he's a special one son".We talked some headed back out.I just shook there hands n walked away smiling but UT n Nico Heupel were the talk of the afternoon.There's a different spark in the air right now and im here for it!

**I know I know cool story bro hehe😎

So had a chance to meet n NFL coach headed from a pro day my Grandpa knows some ppl.I barely know my own damn name for the record some days but he saw my UT gear introduced himself & his next words were "Nico RidingLamas (we laughed everyone had a few by then)but says "Now Josh imma tell you cause this is what I fu***n do so listen but that mofo is a Heisman 1st rd qb playing in high school"😂😂 then someone a few feet away jumps in is like"U talkin Nico kid from Cali"?Then he says "that sob is gonna paint college orange he's a special one son".We talked some headed back out.I just shook there hands n walked away smiling but UT n Nico Heupel were the talk of the afternoon.There's a different spark in the air right now and im here for it!

**I know I know cool story bro hehe😎
That was in fact a cool story bro

Nico Iamaleava has spent the week working other prospects. He has been talking with Kyler Kasper, Carnell Tate and others. When he comes to town in early April, he will take part in a 7v7 tournament at Farragut which will give Tennessee fans a chance to see him and show some love for the newest Vol.

-VQ

VN Store

Back