‘23 CA QB Nicholaus Iamaleava (Tennessee)

HB was only considered a phenom by our fan base
I get what you're saying - maybe on the latter years. But as a young phenom it was a pretty common perspective. As the last photo caption mentions, he had nine offers before even reaching HS. That's pretty insane. Some of these other articles were merely after his freshman year of HS. He was highly regarded as a very young kid. But he peaked and flattened out, as others passed him. That said, no doubt the industry did a better job of accepting that than fans did. But that goes with any fanbase too and it's universal, where many think the media, recruiting sites, refs, anyone and everyone is actively against them...which can override the legitimate signs pointing towards something.

Screenshot_20220325-192435_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20220325-192458_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20220325-192518_Chrome.jpg

Bailey had a noodle arm and his high school stats were due to having Division l WR’s.

He wasn’t heavily pursued by the other elite programs when he entered the transfer portal.

Him and Nico aren’t comparable.
Nobodies comparing anyone to HB. Certainly not Nico, he's the opposite.

Just an analogy of "young phenoms" with Manning and HB. Not the same level, just the same phenomenon where a kid builds big hype very early on, such as HB in middle school and same with Arch. Both may have peaked very early on. That's the only point.

Nico is just getting started...

What are the general opinions of him as a runner?

He seems to run less than I probably expected, as athletic as he is in general.

He seems almost like a Tlaw or Burrow runner. Not looking to run, but willing and capable. His longest run is only 22 yards, but his career YPC is 4.4 and was 4.9 last year. Could easily see him over 5 his SR season. He seems to be efficient, just not a volume or breakout runner. Given his thinner frame coming in, this probably isn't a bad thing.

He seems almost like a Tlaw or Burrow runner. Not looking to run, but willing and capable. His longest run is only 22 yards, but his career YPC is 4.4 and was 4.9 last year. Could easily see him over 5 his SR season. He seems to be efficient, just not a volume or breakout runner. Given his thinner frame coming in, this probably isn't a bad thing.
I like that he isn’t scared to get hit.

Reactions: Devo182 and GoBears

Kind of like Bryce Young. He looked to pass the ball but when he ran, he was decisive, eyes still down the field while running, got his yards and went down or out of bounds instead of taking hits.

Because of his size, his running reminds you a little bit like Trevor Lawrence. Probably has pretty good straight line speed once he gets going.

I still can’t believe we landed this dude. Between this commitment, an SEC basketball tournament championship, and the success of the BaseVols, it seems like the powers that be from UT finally believe in winning again. (I know we say the same ish every year but read what I said and let that sink in). A sleeping giant is being awoken.

Runs a 4.8
Because of his size, his running reminds you a little bit like Trevor Lawrence. Probably has pretty good straight line speed once he gets going.
Nico is more elusive than Trevor Lawrence, I’d say Nico is closer to Patrick Mahomes running wise. Remember Patrick also ran a 4.8 but the difference is he is way more elusive than TL and that is the same ability Nico has shown on film

Nico is more elusive than Trevor Lawrence, I’d say Nico is closer to Patrick Mahomes running wise. Remember Patrick also ran a 4.8 but the difference is he is way more elusive than TL and that is the same ability Nico has shown on film
now we gotta add some other pieces.

VN Store

Back