‘23 CA QB Nicholaus Iamaleava (Tennessee)

I don’t know about that. Dude had 5 different OCs during his playing time. Honestly, I would be interested to see JG with Heupel, Hazle and Golesh for 2 years. Yes he had those WRs but let’s not act like those guys just blew by DBs on a regular basis because they didn’t. They were not game changing WRs. Palmer went in the 3rd round, JJ was one of the last players selected in the 7th round and MC went undrafted.

Also look at his coaches. Butch Jones and Jeremy Pruitt. 2 of the worst coaches in TN history.
And he goes to Washington state and throws a pick on the first throw in the spring game and was an utter disaster every other time he stepped on the field as a sixth year senior until he finally ended up third string where he always belonged.

MC would have been drafted if he had a QB. Jauan would have been drafted higher if he had a QB.

If JG played with Heupel ya know what he would do?

Throw a bunch of horrible interceptions, get sacked even more than Hendon did and probably fumble 19 times. He cannot make the quick reads that you need to make in this offense and he wouldn't be able to push the tempo at all.

And he goes to Washington state and throws a pick on the first throw in the spring game and was an utter disaster every other time he stepped on the field as a sixth year senior until he finally ended up third string where he always belonged.

MC would have been drafted if he had a QB. Jauan would have been drafted higher if he had a QB.

Throw a bunch of horrible interceptions, get sacked even more than Hendon did and probably fumble 19 times. He cannot make the quick reads that you need to make in this offense and he wouldn't be able to push the tempo at all.

Again did he have a competent HC or QB coach in his entire career? We know he didn’t while at TN. And Leach was already at MSU. It’s easy to assume he wouldn’t have been any good with Heupel. But we will never know.

Reactions: VolByLaw

He was inaccurate plain and simple
His td to int ratio told us that for years.
Nico seems to have a better Stat indicator
JG had potential due to arm strength, that was it imo

We know why Arch is #1. It’s almost the same reason why JG was ranked the #1 DT QB (ahead of Jalen Hurts) and a borderline 5*. If his last name wasn’t Manning, he wouldn’t be getting talked about.

I think he would still be in the race for #1 but agree his name definitely helps. In the end it doesn't mean a thing who is rated 1st out of high school. This qb class is pretty stacked and I could see any of the top 5 panning out the best. All that said, there is not 1 of them i would prefer to see wear orange more than Nico!

Heupel made no effort to retain him. All I need to know.

Maybe. Maybe not. I haven’t asked Heupel that have you? All I am saying is there is a chance JG could have been completely different had he had competent coaching at any point in his college career.

I think he would still be in the race for #1 but agree his name definitely helps. In the end it doesn't mean a thing who is rated 1st out of high school. This qb class is pretty stacked and I could see any of the top 5 panning out the best. All that said, there is not 1 of them i would prefer to see wear orange more than Nico!

Arch is definitely very talented. No arguments there. I know Dante Moore is ranked ahead of Nico but I am not so sure he is a better prospect. The only other QB I would really want (of the top 5) besides Nico is Malachi Nelson. I think that dude is elite as it gets.

Maybe. Maybe not. I haven’t asked Heupel that have you? All I am saying is there is a chance JG could have been completely different had he had competent coaching at any point in his college career.
There’s nothing wrong with that assumption. It’s time to leave the past in the past and move on.

#HendyHeisman

JG didn’t improve under a brand new coaching staff at WSU.

Dude wasn’t very good despite his star rating. End of story.

If Huepel can make Joe Milton an SEC quarterback by the time he leaves, I will believe he could have made JG one too

No. There really isn't. His problems were not his physical talent. His problems weren't coaching though that didn't help. His problems were all between his ears. He never caught up to the speed of the college game in live action. He looked great in drills. He looked great in the controlled environment of practice. But when the lights came on... he just couldn't process fast enough to perform. With most QB's, the game slows down and most decisions become kind of second nature... there's "muscle memory" that takes over in situations. Some are blessed with instincts like Dobbs or Manzel or Burrough that give them an advantage. JG had neither.

JG is much more worthy of pity than hate. But his failure was because he lacked some talent/ability/skill in his own head.

He wasn't good under Jones or his OC's. He wasn't good under Pruitt or either of his OC's. He wasn't good at WSU either. NO ONE figured out how to break through.

And before you even try the "different coaches" angle... He and de Laura were dealing with the exact same messed up coaching situation. JG's disadvantage was NOT that someone else had years with the same OC while he didn't.

JG is like herpes... you think he's gone but then he comes back because you sycophants try to continually argue irrelevant points that are stupid. I'm here for it 🍿
I've never seen anyone argue irrelevant points about herpes, but I agree that to do so would be stupid.

Yeah I think Nico and Malachi Nelson are the best two QB's in this class. Arch is good but I don't think he's #1 good.

Sit the bench where he belonged.

VN Store

Back