‘23 CA QB Nicholaus Iamaleava (Tennessee)

Pretty much what most ur casual fans believe.I had a few actually bunch tell me Arch Manning gonna win a championship.I can't believe he aren't chooosssin Ole UT.You don't pay q player 8 million u ain't got no more $ for other cruits..Look at Texas A&M they got a half dozen cruits at million a pop see why give 8 million to RidjnLemurs for 😂😂I have to walk off I'm cocky n know my stuffso it tends to get a little wtf r u talking about but it's amazing how much ur casual fan really doesn't know shut.
1649004017898.gif

Pretty much what most ur casual fans believe.I had a few actually bunch tell me Arch Manning gonna win a championship.I can't believe he aren't chooosssin Ole UT.You don't pay q player 8 million u ain't got no more $ for other cruits..Look at Texas A&M they got a half dozen cruits at million a pop see why give 8 million to RidjnLemurs for 😂😂I have to walk off I'm cocky n know my stuffso it tends to get a little wtf r u talking about but it's amazing how much ur casual fan really doesn't know shut.
1649004508815.jpeg

35D2BAE7-811C-418B-867A-7DE7B3CB8A39.gif

We know why Arch is #1. It’s almost the same reason why JG was ranked the #1 DT QB (ahead of Jalen Hurts) and a borderline 5*. If his last name wasn’t Manning, he wouldn’t be getting talked about.
JG wasn't nearly a borderline 5*. He was 79th overall.

The "#1 DT while being 79th overall" thing was just indiciative of how weak that class was with DT-QBs. They've also shelved the PS/DT designation since, because it's just too flimsy conceptually.

Besides that, I'm confused. JG was rated higher because of his last name?

The Venn Diagram of the people who said Heup can't recruit, the people who said we could never get Nico because Nico is too good, and the people who are now saying that Nico is not as good as [fill in the blank] (with or without dragging JG into the conversation)... is a single circle.

You ever watched JG’s high school film? Looks impressive also.
JG threw for a 23-16 TD/INT ratio in his entire HS career. He was highly rated because dad paid off the sites. Any offer he had were the big schools trying to get in on other players at his school because he played for the biggest school in NJ who played a national schedule and had a ton of P5 talent. Butch took him for perception, and Rutgers was probably his only other committable offer

Nico threw for 50TDs/3 INTs just last year alone in CA HS football and has only been playing football for 2 years. It’s a guy everyone in America wanted and Alabama coaches have been quoted saying he’s the best in this class

They are NOT the same

Reactions: captainfalcon777
JG threw for a 23-16 TD/INT ratio in his entire HS career. He was highly rated because dad paid off the sites. Any offer he had were the big schools trying to get in on other players at said school. Butch took him for perception, and Rutgers was probably his only other committable offer

Nico threw for 50TDs/3 INTs just last year alone in CA HS football and has only been playing football for 2 years

They are NOT the same
Never believed any of that conspiracy garbage. If it’s that easy to pad your kid’s ratings then a LOT more well-heeled parents would be buying 5 star ratings. While we’re on the subject, Daddy Jumper didn’t buy Colton a starting job and Butch didn’t provide Dormady the dowry of a starting job for getting engaged to his goddaughter. Outside of Vol Country, missed evaluations and ultimately wrong decisions are freely occurring in nature…allz the time. 😎

JG threw for a 23-16 TD/INT ratio in his entire HS career. He was highly rated because dad paid off the sites. Any offer he had were the big schools trying to get in on other players at said school. Butch took him for perception, and Rutgers was probably his only other committable offer

Nico threw for 50TDs/3 INTs just last year alone in CA HS football and has only been playing football for 2 years

They are NOT the same

1st..........If that's the case, I'm sure it happens all the time.
2nd........Then coaches must not watch film or evaluate in person, because all the top players go to P5 schools. So staffs are just offering based on perception.

I'm not sure if I buy that. I very well could be wrong, but seems far fetched.

Either way, JG was mis-rated and, or, never lived up to the hype. Definitely not the first time it's happened.

They talked about JG on the VQ podcast the other day. They were discussing if Nico would live up to expectations. They discussed how both Nico and JG could make all the throws in routes on air. I also remember them gushing over JG when he started practice at UT. He was an all American practice warrior.

You just don’t know how good a QB will be until the lights go on and they are in pressure situations at the college level.

Reactions: Vol8188
JG threw for a 23-16 TD/INT ratio in his entire HS career. He was highly rated because dad paid off the sites. Any offer he had were the big schools trying to get in on other players at his school because he played for the biggest school in NJ who played a national schedule and had a ton of P5 talent. Butch took him for perception, and Rutgers was probably his only other committable offer

Nico threw for 50TDs/3 INTs just last year alone in CA HS football and has only been playing football for 2 years. It’s a guy everyone in America wanted and Alabama coaches have been quoted saying he’s the best in this class

They are NOT the same

Lol this is awesome. I love that you have some nonsense excuse for everything. "the sites were paid off", "he only got offered because his school was big".

I think Nico will be great, but I don't have to buy into crazy conspiracy theories to believe that.

They talked about JG on the VQ podcast the other day. They were discussing if Nico would live up to expectations. They discussed how both Nico and JG could make all the throws in routes on air. I also remember them gushing over JG when he started practice at UT. He was an all American practice warrior.

You just don’t know how good a QB will be until the lights go on and they are in pressure situations at the college level.

I keep going back to the Bills and Chiefs playoff game from this season. The things both of those QBs were doing in the 4th quarter were unreal. That ability to evade pressure and make plays isn't one you can replicate in 7 on 7 or in practice. But if he can make all the throws, is athletic enough to evade pressure, and seems to be as cool as a cucumber it makes me very hopeful.

The only other thing I'll add to the stupidity of comparing him to JG:

Good. JG was a QB with a high ceiling. Highly rated, from a good program, good arm, looked good in 7 on 7 etc. He checked all the boxes and he still failed. That's why you take 25 guys a year and that's why you should 100% be taking the 25 guys with the highest ceilings every year.

Yes, some of them will bust due to injury, misevaluation, off-field issues, inability to process, etc.

Who cares? What does that change? We should still swing for the fences 25 times per recruiting class and fill the rest of our roster with more known products from the portal (or jucos) to make up for spots were multiple guys didn't pan out.

They are NOT the same
Nico's been playing football for two years!?

The only other thing I'll add to the stupidity of comparing him to JG:

Good. JG was a QB with a high ceiling. Highly rated, from a good program, good arm, looked good in 7 on 7 etc. He checked all the boxes and he still failed. That's why you take 25 guys a year and that's why you should 100% be taking the 25 guys with the highest ceilings every year.

Yes, some of them will bust due to injury, misevaluation, off-field issues, inability to process, etc.

Who cares? What does that change? We should still swing for the fences 25 times per recruiting class and fill the rest of our roster with more known products from the portal (or jucos) to make up for spots were multiple guys didn't pan out.
JG also got caught up in the revolving door of offensive coordinators and got stuck in Pruittville for two years. I think they blew his confidence and stunted his development. Totes not disagreeing with you, though.

JG also got caught up in the revolving door of offensive coordinators and got stuck in Pruittville for two years. I think they blew his confidence and stunted his development. Totes not disagreeing with you, though.
He would have never been good no matter what. It was just insanity that they kept trotting him out there. He flashed what you're talking about late 2019..but damn he had 3 future NFL starting receivers and he could only muster 3 good games! He just didn't have it

He would have never been good no matter what. It was just insanity that they kept trotting him out there. He flashed what you're talking about late 2019..but damn he had 3 future NFL starting receivers and he could only muster 3 good games! He just didn't have it

I don’t know about that. Dude had 5 different OCs during his playing time. Honestly, I would be interested to see JG with Heupel, Hazle and Golesh for 2 years. Yes he had those WRs but let’s not act like those guys just blew by DBs on a regular basis because they didn’t. They were not game changing WRs. Palmer went in the 3rd round, JJ was one of the last players selected in the 7th round and MC went undrafted.

Also look at his coaches. Butch Jones and Jeremy Pruitt. 2 of the worst coaches in TN history.

VN Store

Back