Calipari Whining AGAIN!

Once the Memphis adminstration finally gives up on football, which is coming soon, the UT-Memphis basketball series is over.

And it will give Tennessee fans all kinds of ammunition to call Calipari a whiner regardless of if it's true or not.

I would think, for both programs, playing each other is a good thing.

Why? It's not like they are hurting for marquee nonconference hoop games.

I was talking about the football team. Their basketball team is definitely not hurting you are right about that. It just can't be good for them to lose their football team if it is coming like you say.

I love it, ladies and gentleman, we now have a rivalry brewing. No matter which side you're with just set back and enjoy.

I was talking about the football team. Their basketball team is definitely not hurting you are right about that. It just can't be good for them to lose their football team if it is coming like you say.
They aren't going to drop football. They just aren't going to let it dictate anything the basketball program does. The administration realizes they are never going to be anything more than a middle of the pack C-USA team. No reason to let that sport be a millstone for hoops.

It will become like MTSU-Vandy around Nashville. UT fans will pressure Cal into renewing the series if it is canceled.

Believe it or not, Tennessee can now draw some big non conference games as well.

Coach Cal is a freakin prick. He is NOT a great coach. He gets a stable of NBA players coming through FedEx Forum, but he isn't as great as he thinks he is.

They aren't going to drop football. They just aren't going to let it dictate anything the basketball program does. The administration realizes they are never going to be anything more than a middle of the pack C-USA team. No reason to let that sport be a millstone for hoops.

Very true in their case.

It will become like MTSU-Vandy around Nashville. UT fans will pressure Cal into renewing the series if it is canceled.

Believe it or not, Tennessee can now draw some big non conference games as well.
Cal could give a damn if Tennessee fans jump off the Henley Street Bridge en masse.

Cal would probably laugh at UT fans trying to pressure him into anything.

Now if Bruce is telling recruits "Don't go to Memphis they're scared to place us" that's different.

I found the article on rivals and calipari said that memphis was close to scheduling home-and-home with Duke and North Carolina as soon as 2009-10 seasons. The AD of North Carolina said that this is the first he has heard of this. I think he just makes stuff up to get media attention.

Cal has been calling for the game to be played in Nashville since the day he took the Memphis job. The reasoning is simple. He gets no benefit from a trip to Knoxville. Tennessee gets exposure in an area where they would like to recruit when the game is in Memphis. It's a lopsided bargain.

I have a question concerning Cal's response to the non-conference matchup. I see Memphis is playing at Gonzaga this season in Spokane. I was wondering if the State of Washington a hotbed for recruiting? Is it a benefit for recruiting to play in Spokane?

I have a question concerning Cal's response to the non-conference matchup. I see Memphis is playing at Gonzaga this season in Spokane. I was wondering if the State of Washington a hotbed for recruiting? Is it a benefit for recruiting to play in Spokane?
1. That series was made for television.
2. They aren't obligated to play Gonzaga every year.
3. Memphis has recrutied multiple players from the state of Washington the last few years. Pretty sure the number of KIL players they have recruited is zero.

Coach Cal is a freakin prick. He is NOT a great coach. He gets a stable of NBA players coming through FedEx Forum, but he isn't as great as he thinks he is.

I am a big fan of the "you are what your record is" philosophy. I don't care how you get it done relative to the variables involved. Whether it by good recruiting, or good in game coaching, or tons of gimmicks or hiring the best player's dad. You put up results like Calipari has over his career then you are an excellent coach.

Bruce Pearl knows how to grab the attention right back no matter who starts it. Calipari just wants everyone on the Memphis campus thinking basketball, so he starts stating stupid assemblies of verbs, subjects, and nouns that he would like to call sentences, but Bruce fires back making him look like a whiny Baby....I LOVE IT! Now if he could find a way to shut up my friends here at UI. They have wisecracks towards me everyday in my love for Bruce.

Calipari continues to whine and groan about UT not playing Memphis in Nashville. Says if "for some selfish reason they do not want to play us in Nashville, we will play Louisville" there. I loved the response from Pearl.

Who gives a rip about what the coach of Memphis State says,wants, or needs? JC get bent:cray:

Bottom line is he doesn't want UT coming into Memphis and beating them. To be honest, it makes little difference to me if we play Memphis at all, and if JC wants to end the series I'm sure there are other teams out there Bruce can play for exposure. JC is between a rock and hard place because he clearly would prefer to not play us at all if it isn't going to be in Nashville, but if he comes out and says how he really feels due to the recruiting differences he'll look like a pansy.

VN Store

Back