Calipari Whining AGAIN!

Well they "Scouted" him, not that that means much tho... i did see the letters coming to him my freshman year tho.. he had "scouting" letters from Memphis, Texas and UT
Cal had just gotten to Memphis in the spring of 2000. I'm sure just about every player in the state with a modicum of talent got a letter.

I remember seeing him play as an 8th grader. He had potential, but wasn't a slam dunk prospect by any means.

That was all everyone in east knoxville talked about around 1998-2000 was Jamichael Blair and Brian Felts, they both had potential to be something special.. Felts actually went to Va Tech for a year i think

Thanks. The KIL is not exactly a hotbed for recruiting. Growing up in the knoxville area during the 70's and 80's i only saw a handful of Division 1 prosepects such as the Carpenter Bro's, the karns trio, and john johnson.
From that era, Elston Turner ended up in the NBA and Rob Jones was a decent player for UT. I remember Karns and Austin East packing the Civic Coliseum for their game game in the early to mid '80s.

its crazy because you would think there would be an Elston Turner statue in the gym or something.. but they dont talk about him much, im not too sure Elston Turner and Austin-East have a good relationship.. o well.. too bad for A-E

I have to agree. We played them in their house, they play us in ours. I don't see what the big deal is.

The big deal is $$ , recruiting, and being NCAA tournament tested. By playing in Nashville, both schools generate an additional $300K each versus playing home and home. That's not a lot of coin to a school with their own Board, but to a TBR school it is.

Second, name five blue chip recruits that have come out of Knoxville in the last 10 years. Two or three come out of Memphis every year. Of the ones Cal actually wants, he is competing with the likes of Duke and Carolina for them. Do you think he really wants to make it easier for UT to establish a pipeline in Memphis?

The neutral site is more indicative of NCAA tournament atmosphere than home and home. Looking at Cal's record in March versus BP's record, I'd say he is on to something.

I understand cals reasoning for not wanting to play UT in knoxville and I dont blame him at all. But his nonstop moaning about it is getting old. It starting to look more like he is scared than fed up/

I understand cals reasoning for not wanting to play UT in knoxville and I dont blame him at all. But his nonstop moaning about it is getting old. It starting to look more like he is scared than fed up/
how often you think Cal actually brings up the topic?

I have no clue how many times he has brought it up I am guessing zero. He sure as hell has enough sound bytes about to call it plain out crying.

call it plain out crying.
Why? Because he has had to answer the same question for eight years because mongoloid media members and certain imbecilic Tennessee fans can't seem to remember what he said the first 1,000 times.

Last edited:
They recruited Jamichael Blair from Austin-East back in 2000 before he blew out his knee

Played against him. He was not even close to being that good.

A good friend of mine got letters from UT when I played with him in HS. He went to Carson-Newman and barely played.

I was district MVP and team MVP ahead of him but got letters from Tenn. Tech and DII schools.

Really? How many pictures on the internet are there of BP either groping, laying on, or leering at young coeds and/or ESPN reporters? Yea, I have no idea at all.

Yes, EVERYTHING you see and hear on the internet is TRUE.........ALL OF IT............I can see that you really do get it. Wow!

Yes, EVERYTHING you see and hear on the internet is TRUE.........ALL OF IT............I can see that you really do get it. Wow!

Let's see......Filed for divorce a couple of days before 25th anniversary. PHotos with coeds..... Guess those were doctored. Groping Erin Andrews......saw that first hand live. Bottom line BP is a D-bag. Glad you guys have this classless idiot. Make Cal look even better.

Let's see......Filed for divorce a couple of days before 25th anniversary. PHotos with coeds..... Guess those were doctored. Groping Erin Andrews......saw that first hand live. Bottom line BP is a D-bag. Glad you guys have this classless idiot. Make Cal look even better.

I won't make predictions on what will happen on January 24th, but it should be interesting, to say the least. I know one thing for sure, and that is that Memphis will get Bruce's full arsenal of weapons......in beautiful Knoxville, Tennessee.

I won't make predictions on what will happen on January 24th, but it should be interesting, to say the least. I know one thing for sure, and that is that Memphis will get Bruce's full arsenal of weapons......in beautiful Knoxville, Tennessee.

It will be a very good game..

watch your mouth friend!

VN Store

Back