Cam Sutton takes former 1st round pick Artie Burns place on the 1st team defense

Doesn't seem to "have taken over" Burns spot. You'll see him even less now that Haden is back. Surprised he isn't playing much in the nickel though.

Cam isn't a nickel. And Mike Hilton is pretty good at that. Hilton and Cam are the two best DBs on the Steelers.

That can happen when people throw at you all the time.

It's funny that so many of y'all are now rooting for Artie Burns (a guy from Miami) while you root against a VFL like Cam.

Interesting.

Who said I was rooting for Artie? I just stated a fact that he hot a pic. Would love to see Cam come in an dominate.

FTR I didn't write the article.

Guess Mike Tomlin isn't as smart as I thought.

Artie Burns won't cost you against a team without a QB like the Texans. But expect him to get exposed in the playoffs. Then Tomlin will turn to Cam Sutton in an act of desperation.

Then Cam will bail him out.

Lol. You used the article to start this thread, in week 15, to stick your chest out and tell everybody how smart you are, how right you are.....and the proof of Cam not getting any playing time, despite injuries in Pittsburgh’s defensive secondary, proves, once again, that you’re neither. Nor does it prove that Tomlin, a Super Bowl winning head coach, NFL coach of the year and a guy with 115 career wins is an idiot like you’re now portraying him to be.

Finally, just in case you’re not clear....Goff, Fournette/Kamara and Bosa >>>>>Hogan/Dobbs, Hurd and Garrett. Merry Christmas.

Reactions: 1 person
Who said I was rooting for Artie? I just stated a fact that he hot a pic. Would love to see Cam come in an dominate.

Rooting has nothing at all to do with seeing reality and also recognizing that a coach like Mike Tomlin might be more qualified than some random internet turd who went to Duke and Columbia Law lol. I hope all the Steelers do poorly regardless where they played college ball.

Sutton takes Burns' place with 1st team defense on Saturday

So it took Cam Sutton all of 2 weeks to take the starting job opposite Joe Haden away from a former first round pick. :)

Honestly this decision is not surprising. In fact, I predicted it a few weeks ago when some on here were saying that as soon as Joe Haden became healthy, Cam Sutton would be back on the bench. I said nope. That it would be Artie Burns that would be benched. And voila, once Joe Haden got healthy, it was Artie Burns to the bench and Cam Sutton to the starting lineup.

Cam has been great the last couple of weeks while Artie Burns has been trash since he was drafted. I'm glad Mike Tomlin showed some common sense in this situation and started the better player rather than just sticking with the guy who was drafted higher. Too many times teams don't wanna admit they made a mistake with who they took in the first round and stick with that player way longer than they should.

Look for Cam Sutton to be the great NFL corner I said he would be.

First round pick doesn’t mean he mean he beat out somebody great or even good for that matter Burns might be playing like **** and it’s just time for a change before the playoffs see what they got in Sutton

Definitely don’t mean he earned it by beating out some great talent like you’re selling it

What will you say if Burns is back starting in 2 weeks? Lol

Last edited:
I don’t watch the Steelers that much but my bet is if Sutton is half the player you make him out to be he would of been starting when Haden went out if not before that

It’s not like he’s playing for the Jags or Broncos with 2 great corners in front of him

First round pick doesn’t mean he mean he beat out somebody great or even good for that matter Burns might be playing like **** and it’s just time for a change before the playoffs see what they got in Sutton

Definitely don’t mean he earned it by beating out some great talent like you’re selling it

What will you say if Burns is back starting in 2 weeks? Lol

Burns started tonight, had a nice pick in the end zone, so D4H’s point was moot/wrong/off base/dumb to begin with....I know, it’s shocking.

I hope D4H’s investment choices aren’t like his hall of fame predictions for a 2’nd string CB and a 3rd string QB

Rooting has nothing at all to do with seeing reality and also recognizing that a coach like Mike Tomlin might be more qualified than some random internet turd who went to Duke and Columbia Law lol. I hope all the Steelers do poorly regardless where they played college ball.

Haha I’m like 95% positive D4H didn’t go to either of those places. The Duke thing fell apart in a hurry

Haha I’m like 95% positive D4H didn’t go to either of those places. The Duke thing fell apart in a hurry

I’d put my life savings on.. 1. He is like 15 years old. 2. He is an Alabama troll who has no life and is drawing disability from a “bad back” and has nothing better to do with my tax dollars. 3. He has a mental illness that hasn’t been diagnosed and treated.

D4H-Time and time again I am amazed at your incompetence of football and more importantly, humanity. Just once, admit that you throw a hundred darts at the wall and brag about one sticking.

Lol. You used the article to start this thread, in week 15, to stick your chest out and tell everybody how smart you are, how right you are.....and the proof of Cam not getting any playing time, despite injuries in Pittsburgh’s defensive secondary, proves, once again, that you’re neither. Nor does it prove that Tomlin, a Super Bowl winning head coach, NFL coach of the year and a guy with 115 career wins is an idiot like you’re now portraying him to be.

Finally, just in case you’re not clear....Goff, Fournette/Kamara and Bosa >>>>>Hogan/Dobbs, Hurd and Garrett. Merry Christmas.

You don't get to claim Alvin. You just liked him vis-a-vis Hurd. But you were on the record liking Dalvin Cook as the best RB coming out last year.

I'm the only person that said Alvin was the #1 RB in the draft. You were explicitly on the Dalvin Cook train and I believe you also favored Fournette.

I'm the only person that called him a future Hall of Famer in the NFL. I explicitly remember you attacking me for that.

So please stop trying to talk about Alvin now like you weren't just as stupid as everyone else who didn't see his Hall of Fame career coming. You just didn't like Hurd and used Alvin in those arguments.

I don’t watch the Steelers that much but my bet is if Sutton is half the player you make him out to be he would of been starting when Haden went out if not before that

It’s not like he’s playing for the Jags or Broncos with 2 great corners in front of him

You clowns really need to start paying attention to the things you wanna argue about.

Cam has been injured all year. He only got off Injured Reserve a few weeks ago. He missed all of training camp, most of the preseason, and the first 10 weeks of the regular season.

Not a lot of time to impress but even yet he still did well enough to push a former first round pick to the point coaches were splitting reps at practice this week.

I hope D4H’s investment choices aren’t like his hall of fame predictions for a 2’nd string CB and a 3rd string QB

I'm glad y'all aren't including Alvin in that list anymore. I said this last year and at this time last year y'all were also laughing at me saying Alvin was a Hall of Fame RB.

For the record, I was more confident in Cam and Dobbs than Alvin. So the fact Alvin has been doing as well as he has makes me all the more positive that Dobbs and Cam are headed for superstardom.

I'm glad y'all aren't including Alvin in that list anymore. I said this last year and at this time last year y'all were also laughing at me saying Alvin was a Hall of Fame RB.

For the record, I was more confident in Cam and Dobbs than Alvin. So the fact Alvin has been doing as well as he has makes me all the more positive that Dobbs and Cam are headed for superstardom.

You're going to beat the Alvin thing into the ground since it's about your only prediction that's been right.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back