Can McCarthy survive as Speaker?

Right...because there isn't a Grand Canyon sized chasm between a balanced budget and what McCarthy is trying to push through.

I’m really not sure what you expected. What’s the biggest fail here?

I’m really not sure what you expected. What’s the biggest fail here?

They got it done. Non defense spending growth is at least capped for a year. The work requirement to appease the base got in there. W Va gets its pipeline.

It's not perfect but it is a start towards reasonable compromise longer term.

Reactions: AM64
Republicans. Taking food from poor people to fix the mess they got themselves in during Trump's term. And the rich get richer....

I thought it was a Democratic president who boasted that the era of big government was over. It was his successor…..a Republican…… That brought it back.

Reactions: vols40
They got it done. Non defense spending growth is at least capped for a year. The work requirement to appease the base got in there. W Va gets its pipeline.

Every year we cap spending spending (especially years of high inflation), is another year closer to the goal

Republicans. Taking food from poor people to fix the mess they got themselves in during Trump's term. And the rich get richer....

Making able bodied people work….how evil!

If you were actually worried about the rich getting richer, you’d support massive cuts in spending. Because one of the main ways the rich get richer is through inflation.

Reactions: AM64 and StarRaider
Do you mean because it’s continually raised or is there something specific here I’m missing

There is no limit, meaning if we had some kind of national emergency Biden and congress would have almost a blank check with no stops.

But what’s the chance of us having some kind of emergency?

Reactions: AM64 and 85SugarVol
Cut discretionary spending and increased the age/work requirements for SNAP from 18-50 to 18-54. Dropped the % states could exempt on that from 12% of snap recipients to 8%. Seems there’s a lot of wins here. Especially since Biden claimed he wouldn’t give in on any of these.

May favorite part is the 24 billion cut to the IRS

Baby steps

Now onto the appropriations bills for next fy. Here's to more spending cuts.

Like recall voted in other countries. I don't recall any speaker having that taken away, as the Freedom Caucus is threatening.

It's those Freedom Caucus members that are the reason we didn't have another clean debt ceiling increase

Making able bodied people work….how evil!

If you were actually worried about the rich getting richer, you’d support massive cuts in spending. Because one of the main ways the rich get richer is through inflation.

I actually am in line with the thinking on the work requirement. I admit I don't know the details. But in principle I don't think single males (or women for that matter) that don't have family responsibilities should work if they are able, rather than collect long term benefits.

So like a short term benefit but then they have to qualify and if they can work, they should. Exceptions will exist, but in principle I see merit to that proposal.

Reactions: AM64 and Vol8188
I saw a meme related to the debt ceiling stupidity. It said if your house is filling with s*** do you raise the ceiling or remove the s***?

Reactions: vols40 and AM64
There is no limit, meaning if we had some kind of national emergency Biden and congress would have almost a blank check with no stops.

But what’s the chance of us having some kind of emergency?
I feel another existential threat coming. Believe that would make five (5) such events since about 2016.

Reactions: AM64 and hog88
I actually am in line with the thinking on the work requirement. I admit I don't know the details. But in principle I don't think single males (or women for that matter) that don't have family responsibilities should work if they are able, rather than collect long term benefits.

So like a short term benefit but then they have to qualify and if they can work, they should. Exceptions will exist, but in principle I see merit to that proposal.
Who’s in charge of deciding if people are “able” to work? Are they the same folks that hand out the handicap parking passes?

Funny thing is that every poor person I see is fat and yapping on the latest iPhone.
You mean all the Canadians still in the hood because of the government entitlement system? Those kinda poor people? K towns a moron anyway dude. Like the democrats got into power and the wealth gap immediately came to a halt. Ok buddy.

You know conservatives got absolutely nothing of consequence when lawgator supports the deal.

VN Store

Back