Can We Hold a Fair Election Using Mail-in Ballots This Fall?

Can We Hold a Fair Election Using Mail-in Ballots This Fall?

• Yes.

Votes: 48 31.2%
  • No.

Votes: 98 63.6%
  • Melania is lonely. Very lonely.

Votes: 8 5.2%

• Total voters
Cool, let's get every state on board. Let's also add polling locations where needed so no wait times over 45 mins.

Look if casting a vote is important to you, you will wait or you will request an absentee ballot or you will get your ass to an early voting place. It's not hard nor inconvenient to vote in this country, it might take a little bit of your time but if it's important to you you'll make the minimal effort required.

Look if casting a vote is important to you, you will wait or you will request an absentee ballot or you will get your ass to an early voting place. It's not hard nor inconvenient to vote in this country, it might take a little bit of your time but if it's important to you you'll make the minimal effort required.
We aren't really disagreeing here. I just think it is absurd to have to wait an hour or more to vote. Add some more polling locations in high traffic areas, and let's call it a day.

We aren't really disagreeing here. I just think it is absurd to have to wait an hour or more to vote. Add some more polling locations in high traffic areas, and let's call it a day.

I say wait if you need to.

What about purging voter rolls? Do they ever purge people who haven’t voted in a while?

Sorry, I’m trying to figure out how this is aN inherently more susceptible method for voter fraud on any sort of meaningful scale. All the methods I can come up with seem like the scheme of some cartoon villain. Seems like a lot of moving parts to get going in the same direction to pull it off without getting caught.

Yes their is a purging process. If a voter becomes "inactive" they get dropped from the mail in voter roll. This doesn't drop them from the voter rolls. They can still vote at the polls.

Reactions: RockyTop85
Yes their is a purging process. If a voter becomes "inactive" they get dropped from the mail in voter roll. This doesn't drop them from the voter rolls. They can still vote at the polls.
So in order to have 1,000 fraudulent votes counted in favor of one candidate, you‘d have to have at least a couple hundred more people on one side decide that one to four additional votes is worth a potential felony charge, decide to break the law, and then succeed at getting their fraudulent ballot past the signature checking process, whatever that is?

That seem right?

I mean if it was an inside job, where somebody is sending 1000 ballots to some sort of ballot processing sweatshop, that’s not something that’s inherent to vote by mail. That could technically happen under any scheme.

Why don't you want to reduce wait times? You cool with folks having to wait hours to vote? Why, when we can easily reduce that problem?

There are alternatives to having to wait, just takes some forethought and effort.

There are alternatives to having to wait, just takes some forethought and effort.

Weren't you talking about how employers shouldn't be expected to give people time off to vote? How does that square with potentially waiting several hours in line?

Reactions: zeppelin128
Weren't you talking about how employers shouldn't be expected to give people time off to vote? How does that square with potentially waiting several hours in line?

No, I said declaring Election Day a holiday doesn’t obligate employers to give their employees a day off or pay. Most employers won’t so we will end up with another paid holiday for government and bank employees.

You should really pay attention.

No, I said declaring Election Day a holiday doesn’t obligate employers to give their employees a day off or pay. Most employers won’t so we will end up with another paid holiday for government and bank employees.

Ahhh... no need for a holiday, just forbid employers from preventing employees from voting, no matter how long it takes.

I think we are on the same page now.

Why don't you want to reduce wait times? You cool with folks having to wait hours to vote? Why, when we can easily reduce that problem?

It’s clear his agenda isn’t to make voting better/easier. His agenda is winning. We had the same dead end discussion about making Election Day a national holiday... he says that not enough employers would participate so it’s not worth it... but Presidents’ Day and Columbus Day are totally worth it.

It’s clear his agenda isn’t to make voting better/easier. His agenda is winning. We had the same dead end discussion about making Election Day a national holiday... he says that not enough employers would participate so it’s not worth it... but Presidents’ Day and Columbus Day are totally worth it.

How many people actually get paid holidays for Columbus/Presidents Day? Go ahead and raise your hands and tell us what kind of employer you work for.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Not sure why you are planting your flag on this hill. How about we add some polling locations in places that need them? I don't get why you intentionally want to make it more difficult to vote. Something tells me if we closed every single early voting location in rural counties, you'd have a problem with it. Since we are trying to "save money" or whatever excuse is popular today, lets close all voting locations except major cities. Too bad rural folks, you'll just have to travel and wait hours to vote.

Where did I ever say Election Day should be a holiday?

He has a point about making Election Day a federal holiday. Private companies can still ask you to work on federal holidays, same as any other holiday. That isn't the solution, imo.

Reactions: hog88
So in order to have 1,000 fraudulent votes counted in favor of one candidate, you‘d have to have at least a couple hundred more people on one side decide that one to four additional votes is worth a potential felony charge, decide to break the law, and then succeed at getting their fraudulent ballot past the signature checking process, whatever that is?

That seem right?

I mean if it was an inside job, where somebody is sending 1000 ballots to some sort of ballot processing sweatshop, that’s not something that’s inherent to vote by mail. That could technically happen under any scheme.

Could you clarify please. Your post is quite confusing and lacking focus. What fraudulent votes are you talking about? Give me an example of some situation where a 1,000 or a 100 or 10 or 1 fraudulent vote have been cast and gotten past the signature verification process.

He has a point about making Election Day a federal holiday. Private companies can still ask you to work on federal holidays, same as any other holiday. That isn't the solution, imo.

You couldn't mandate businesses give a day off, but I bet there would be a large percentage who would voluntarily for a multitude of reasons. Large employers with lobbying interests would be incentivized to send their workers to the ballots I’m sure.

You couldn't mandate businesses give a day off, but I bet there would be a large percentage who would voluntarily for a multitude of reasons. Large employers with lobbying interests would be incentivized to send their workers to the ballots I’m sure.
I might be wrong on this, I always vote during the early voting period. But isn't it illegal for a company to not allow time off on election day to vote in Tennessee? Not sure about the other 49.

Large employers would probably rather their employees work than vote.

I might be wrong on this, I always vote during the early voting period. But isn't it illegal for a company to not allow time off on election day to vote in Tennessee? Not sure about the other 49.

Large employers would probably rather their employees work than vote.

Depends on where they are in the country and what line of work they’re in I guess.

My point is we celebrate democracy constantly... until it’s time to be a democracy.

Reactions: tvolsfan
Depends on where they are in the country and what line of work they’re in I guess.

My point is we celebrate democracy constantly... until it’s time to be a democracy.
I got the compromise ready. Extended early voting period, more polling places in locations that need them, and absentee ballots for all that want them. Throw in greater outreach and awareness that early voting is a thing, as well as absentee ballots.

Reactions: OHvol40
So, he does know that foreign countries will print "Millions of ballots" and mail them in? Wonder where he got this intel?

This election will be the "Most inaccurate and fraudulent in history"... If he knows this without citing any evidecnce, then it could only be him that is planning on committing the fraud, no?
Are you really this naive?..... really? Have you not noticed the number of overly emotional butt hurt liberal luthers and micks that despise Trump? If there’s a way to throw some votes Biden’s way you know damn well they’ll manipulate the system any way they can.

Are you really this naive?..... really? Have you not noticed the number of overly emotional butt hurt liberal luthers and micks that despise Trump? If there’s a way to throw some votes Biden’s way you know damn well they’ll manipulate the system any way they can.

No, I'm not naive. If that was going to happen, it would happen anyway, regardless of which party affiliation is going to do it. Like the 2018 NC absentee ballot tampering. There is no difference between mail-in voting and absentee ballots.

VN Store

Back