Can We Hold a Fair Election Using Mail-in Ballots This Fall?

Can We Hold a Fair Election Using Mail-in Ballots This Fall?

• Yes.

Votes: 48 31.2%
  • No.

Votes: 98 63.6%
  • Melania is lonely. Very lonely.

Votes: 8 5.2%

• Total voters
Could you clarify please. Your post is quite confusing and lacking focus. What fraudulent votes are you talking about? Give me an example of some situation where a 1,000 or a 100 or 10 or 1 fraudulent vote have been cast and gotten past the signature verification process.
Paragraph 1 is a hypothetical about large-scale election fraud in Oregon. Essentially, it seems to me that widespread fraudulent voting by mail would be implausible to organize and would have to be the result of a number of individuals making criminal decisions. The idea that this would tip the scales also seems implausible.

Para graph 2 is asking you if there are other hypothetical situations in which someone could defraud the election commission.

Paragraph 3 says that methods I can think of for organizing widespread voter fraud are not inherent to vote-by-mail.

Reactions: Purple Tiger
Not sure why you are planting your flag on this hill. How about we add some polling locations in places that need them? I don't get why you intentionally want to make it more difficult to vote. Something tells me if we closed every single early voting location in rural counties, you'd have a problem with it. Since we are trying to "save money" or whatever excuse is popular today, lets close all voting locations except major cities. Too bad rural folks, you'll just have to travel and wait hours to vote.

I don’t want to make voting harder but complaining about how hard it is now or how much time it takes is really ridiculous.

First world spoiled problems.

You couldn't mandate businesses give a day off, but I bet there would be a large percentage who would voluntarily for a multitude of reasons. Large employers with lobbying interests would be incentivized to send their workers to the ballots I’m sure.

Large employers like who?

Paragraph 1 is a hypothetical about large-scale election fraud in Oregon. Essentially, it seems to me that widespread fraudulent voting by mail would be implausible to organize and would have to be the result of a number of individuals making criminal decisions. The idea that this would tip the scales also seems implausible.

Para graph 2 is asking you if there are other hypothetical situations in which someone could defraud the election commission.

Paragraph 3 says that methods I can think of for organizing widespread voter fraud are not inherent to vote-by-mail.

Thanks

Once again, Trump pivots on mail-in voting and directly contradicts himself.

July 30th:

"With Universal Mail-In Voting (not Absentee Voting, which is good), 2020 will be the most INACCURATE & FRAUDULENT Election in history. It will be a great embarrassment to the USA. Delay the Election until people can properly, securely and safely vote???" he tweeted.

Today:

After repeatedly seeking to discredit mail-in voting, President Donald Trump on Tuesday claimed Florida's election system is "safe and secure" and encourages Floridians to vote by mail.
"Whether you call it Vote by Mail or Absentee Voting, in Florida the election system is Safe and Secure, Tried and True. Florida's Voting system has been cleaned up (we defeated Democrats attempts at change), so in Florida I encourage all to request a Ballot & Vote by Mail! #MAGA," he tweeted.

download (25).jpg

Nevada Sent More Than 200K Mail-In Primary Ballots to Wrong Addresses

One-sixth of Clark County mail-in ballots were sent to outdated or undeliverable addresses

More than one-sixth of the mail-in ballots sent to voters in Nevada's largest county during the 2020 primary went to outdated addresses, according to a new watchdog report.

The Public Interest Legal Foundation, an election integrity group, reviewed the 1.3 million mail-in ballots Nevada's Clark County sent during the June primary. It found that more than 223,000 of the ballots were sent to outdated addresses, leading the postal service to designate them as "undeliverable." The undeliverable ballots accounted for 17 percent of all ballots mailed to registered voters. Nearly 75 percent of Nevada's total population resides in the county, which includes Las Vegas.

Nevada Sends More Than 200K Mail-In Primary Ballots to The Wrong Address

That’ bs and you should no better. I just had a package that was sent to me here in Murfreesboro that originated from Rockford Tennessee. It got here in one day.
still waiting for a package that left the St Louis sorting facility March 18th & more than a few have had late and mis sent notices - just saying they are not going to be 100% like the Dems want them to be

Reactions: Orangeslice13
Nevada Sent More Than 200K Mail-In Primary Ballots to Wrong Addresses

One-sixth of Clark County mail-in ballots were sent to outdated or undeliverable addresses

More than one-sixth of the mail-in ballots sent to voters in Nevada's largest county during the 2020 primary went to outdated addresses, according to a new watchdog report.

The Public Interest Legal Foundation, an election integrity group, reviewed the 1.3 million mail-in ballots Nevada's Clark County sent during the June primary. It found that more than 223,000 of the ballots were sent to outdated addresses, leading the postal service to designate them as "undeliverable." The undeliverable ballots accounted for 17 percent of all ballots mailed to registered voters. Nearly 75 percent of Nevada's total population resides in the county, which includes Las Vegas.

Nevada Sends More Than 200K Mail-In Primary Ballots to The Wrong Address

A Conservative Legal Group Significantly Miscalculated Data in a Report on Mail-In Voting — ProPublica

That same Conservative group that’s overstated mail fraud before. Sounds trustworthy.

Regardless of what you think about mail in voting, how can anyone be in favor of ballot harvesting and thinking that is not ripe for fraud and misuse?

Thats not what happens. Its a myth. People get sent ballots if they are registered voters. They send them back and signature is checked. There's never been any significant problem with it, it's been done for a long time. The phrase "ballot harvesting" is made up.

Thats not what happens. Its a myth. People get sent ballots if they are registered voters. They send them back and signature is checked. There's never been any significant problem with it, it's been done for a long time. The phrase "ballot harvesting" is made up.
yeah I bet - the fraud and scams that started in March are still going strong and its all Democrats and Media

No it’s not. In some areas of California, party operatives go house to house and collect Ballots to take back for counting. If you don’t see the issue with that you are a party shill or naive

VN Store

Back