Can We Hold a Fair Election Using Mail-in Ballots This Fall?

Can We Hold a Fair Election Using Mail-in Ballots This Fall?

• Yes.

Votes: 48 31.2%
  • No.

Votes: 98 63.6%
  • Melania is lonely. Very lonely.

Votes: 8 5.2%

• Total voters
What is your source for this information?

Plain freeking common sense. People move a lot, people do not update their voter registration very often. Not to mention people moving out of state, you think many of them are contacting the registrar to let them know? Who notifies the registrar when a person passes away?

Absentee ballots have their vulnerabilities but much less than just mailing out ballots to every resisted voter since they have to be requested. And no, fake IDs are not that easy to make anymore.
I don't know. I know some guys that can get you an Id with the hologram and a green card for around 5G, but you may have to change your name to Tito.

Balllots are not forwarded by the post office. If you want to get your ballot you better update your address.
I think the issue people are complaining about is:

I live at address A. I buy home B and move in. The former owner of home B moves out and doesn’t update his address, but I do.

Do I get two ballots delivered?
How does the election commission stop me from returning both ballots?

Reactions: Rickyvol77
I think the issue people are complaining about is:

I live at address A. I buy home B and move in. The former owner of home B moves out and doesn’t update his address, but I do.

Do I get two ballots delivered?
How does the election commission stop me from returning both ballots?

The ballots have each registered voters name on them, so you'd have to forge the former owners signature and if it didn't match it would be examined. Does that help?

The ballots have each registered voters name on them, so you'd have to forge the former owners signature and if it didn't match it would be examined. Does that help?
I think so.

Any idea how often votes get thrown out over the signature rule? Those are controversial some places because they result in legitimate votes being thrown out.

Also, I assume it’s a crime to get caught forging a person’s signature? Anybody ever get prosecuted for it?

I think so.

Any idea how often votes get thrown out over the signature rule? Those are controversial some places because they result in legitimate votes being thrown out.

Also, I assume it’s a crime to get caught forging a person’s signature? Anybody ever get prosecuted for it?

Yes it's definitely a crime to attempt to forge a signature in an election. As far as I know, I think it's happened once in about 30 years and if memory serves me right they were prosecuted for a felony and convicted.

Not sure what percent of mail in ballots are rejected, but I suspect it's a pretty low percentage.

Yes it's definitely a crime to attempt to forge a signature in an election. As far as I know, I think it's happened once in about 30 years and if memory serves me right they were prosecuted for a felony and convicted.

Not sure what percent of mail in ballots are rejected, but I suspect it's a pretty low percentage.

That right there tells me that there isn't a diligent checking of signatures. No damn way there hasn't been thousands of spouses, kids, parents filling out and signing ballots for family members over the past 30 years.

Plain freeking common sense. People move a lot, people do not update their voter registration very often. Not to mention people moving out of state, you think many of them are contacting the registrar to let them know? Who notifies the registrar when a person passes away?

According to my father, "Common sense" is an excuse people use when they are uneducated or to lazy to actually do some research.

Reactions: RockyTop85
That right there tells me that there isn't a diligent checking of signatures. No damn way there hasn't been thousands of spouses, kids, parents filling out and signing ballots for family members over the past 30 years.

If the signature doesn't match, they contact the individual for verification. Do you think that person is going to say their spouse or kid committed a felony.

If the person doesn't respond, it's just not counted. Doesn't mean every time it happens they are going to make a case out of it. What is being described is the same as Absentee ballots.

If the signature doesn't match, they contact the individual for verification. Do you think that person is going to say their spouse or kid committed a felony.

If the person doesn't respond, it's just not counted. Doesn't mean every time it happens they are going to make a case out of it. What is being described is the same as Absentee ballots.

I'm saying they are not checking the signatures very hard.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
How about this for a compromise?

Extend the early voting period, place additional polling locations in areas with notoriously long wait times, and allow absentee ballots for everyone if they apply for one.

Reactions: Orangeslice13

Extend the early voting period, place additional polling locations in areas with notoriously long wait times, and allow absentee ballots for everyone if they apply for one.

I say it will be a no go, because most of the griping is about states sending out forms to registered voters to request absentee ballots. And that's been conflated to be the same as sending out absentee ballots.

It's been shown that some people don't even know what they are complaining about.

Health is a legitimate reason in the 5 states that require a reason so, that's done.

I say it will be a no go, because most of the griping is about states sending out forms to registered voters to request absentee ballots. And that's been conflated to be the same as sending out absentee ballots.

It's been shown that some people don't even know what they are complaining about.

True, you have proved in numerous times in this thread.

What about purging voter rolls? Do they ever purge people who haven’t voted in a while?

Sorry, I’m trying to figure out how this is aN inherently more susceptible method for voter fraud on any sort of meaningful scale. All the methods I can come up with seem like the scheme of some cartoon villain. Seems like a lot of moving parts to get going in the same direction to pull it off without getting caught.

Done.
Now let’s get back to police and welfare reform

Reactions: zeppelin128

VN Store

Back