Can We Hold a Fair Election Using Mail-in Ballots This Fall?

Can We Hold a Fair Election Using Mail-in Ballots This Fall?

• Yes.

Votes: 48 31.2%
  • No.

Votes: 98 63.6%
  • Melania is lonely. Very lonely.

Votes: 8 5.2%

• Total voters
So we file our taxes electronically... but, we can't vote electronically?

Someone help me understand.

As in... EVERYONE can file their taxes electronically. But, somehow, Trump would have us believe that trying to vote electronically would result in fraud.

How is that? Do tell.
Um...voting machines regularly get hacked by foreign nations..voting online would be a disaster.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
I'm shocked that no one here is considering the poor and disenfranchised minorities who don't have access to mail boxes.

Reactions: oz615 and AirVol
Why? You can file your taxes online. Is that a disaster?
When you file taxes online you have to provide proof of your identity as part of the security process................

So to vote and keep it secure from hacking the same thing would have to be done..but I'm told thats voter suppression and part of systemic racism used to oppress minorities.

/delete thread.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
So peeps shouldn't file online?
The left’s standard has always been, “if a single man, woman, child, LGBTQ, etc. is harmed by *insert legislation, ruling, idea, etc* then we shouldn’t do it.”

The fact that more than one person is harmed by filing online. The fact that electronic voting machines can be hacked and voters can be disenfranchised is reason enough for you, or anyone, to be skeptical of either online or mail in ballots.

But, keep whistling past the graveyard and if Trump wins, keep your mouth shut and deal with it. We get the government we deserve.

The left’s standard has always been, “if a single man, woman, child, LGBTQ, etc. is harmed by *insert legislation, ruling, idea, etc* then we shouldn’t do it.”

The fact that more than one person is harmed by filing online. The fact that electronic voting machines can be hacked and voters can be disenfranchised is reason enough for you, or anyone, to be skeptical of either online or mail in ballots.

But, keep whistling past the graveyard and if Trump wins, keep your mouth shut and deal with it. We get the government we deserve.

I'm suggesting that an option to vote online be available. Secure and requires various IDs and proof of existence, etc. Akin to filing taxes online.

Reactions: Purple Tiger
That's like saying there has been no evidence shared that dark alleys are more susceptible to muggings and rapes. Stupid statement.

Of course mail-in paper ballots are more prone to election fraud.

Dead Cat Receives Voter Registration Form by Mail; Would Have Voted ‘DemoCAT,’ Owner Says

Cody, a snuggly cat in Atlanta, wasn’t alive to see any of the Obama years, let alone the Trump era, but he received a voter registration form by mail on Wednesday.

“How’d this happen?” former owner Carol Tims wondered about the cat deceased for 12 years — since the George W. Bush administration.

“If they’re trying to register cats, I’m not quite sure who else they’re trying to register. I don’t know if they’re registering dogs, mice, snakes?” Tims said.

“Third-party groups all over the country are targeting Georgia to help register qualified individuals. This group makes you wonder what these out-of-town activists are really doing. Make no mistake about it, this office is dedicated to investigating all types of fraud,” Brad Raffensperger’s office said.

Dead Cat Receives Voter Registration Form by Mail; Would Have Voted 'DemoCAT,' Owner Says

Dead Cat Receives Voter Registration Form by Mail; Would Have Voted ‘DemoCAT,’ Owner Says

Cody, a snuggly cat in Atlanta, wasn’t alive to see any of the Obama years, let alone the Trump era, but he received a voter registration form by mail on Wednesday.

“How’d this happen?” former owner Carol Tims wondered about the cat deceased for 12 years — since the George W. Bush administration.

“If they’re trying to register cats, I’m not quite sure who else they’re trying to register. I don’t know if they’re registering dogs, mice, snakes?” Tims said.

“Third-party groups all over the country are targeting Georgia to help register qualified individuals. This group makes you wonder what these out-of-town activists are really doing. Make no mistake about it, this office is dedicated to investigating all types of fraud,” Brad Raffensperger’s office said.

Dead Cat Receives Voter Registration Form by Mail; Would Have Voted 'DemoCAT,' Owner Says
That must have Been how W won Florida... He registered pets.

I'll say it again, vote by mail works quite well. It's been in place in Oregon for about 30 some years. Rarely, ever have any problems. It's certainly safe and secure.

If you’re not looking for them you’re not going to find them, and the powers that be in OR ain’t looking.

Reactions: tbwhhs
If you’re not looking for them you’re not going to find them, and the powers that be in OR ain’t looking.

LOL. Are you serious? You're just a pretender. Show me that you actually know what you are talking about.

LOL. Are you serious? You're just a pretender. Show me that you actually know what you are talking about.

What more do I need to say? OR is run by Dems so they aren’t going to be looking for voter fraud.

Just curious, but how long has Oregon been blue?

Oregon US Senators were Republican until 2009 and 1996. Oregon has always been pretty independent politically. Vote by mail had been in place for a decade or two before the Dems got the US Senate seats. Currently the US Reps are 4 Dems and 1 Republican.

Oregon tends to be pretty independent. What vote by mail does is it increases voter turnout and that should be an American goal. Anyone oppose to that appears to be self serving and possibly not interested in the welfare of America.

VN Store

Back