Cancel Dr. Seuss

Marvin the Martian appears in blackface. Plus he's trying to take over the Earth. How is this acceptable??!

4352062-marvin_the_martian.svg.png

When are we going to cancel Babar for being French and marrying his cousin.

Wonder if that cousin marrying thing is why Bama has an elephant as a mascot?

I've always wondered why Bama chose Red Tide over Red Elephant ... seems dumb when the logo and the motto don't match

see bolded - that's not the conclusion of the study I read.

I saw a critique of his books (not the problematic ones) from a left wing publication that also concluded that Where the Wild Things Are is problematic because it's Colonialism and the white character comes to the native island and bullies them into making him the leader. Also same story for Curious George (more Colonialism). The point? Some people will always look for the offense - we should generally ignore these people instead of seeking to appease them.

At the rate the critical point for past "offenses" is accelerating, there are going to be some currently woke critters wondering in a few years whether to buck the tide or accept that they were so wrong just a few years ago. Probably going to need a much bigger boatload of shrinks and Prep H for them.

I sense sarcasm. They have Racial Inequity In Art degrees. What do you have? Business?

Way worse - engineer. We mostly don't even pretend to care - machines don't have feelings (or at least they generally seem logical), so we tend to like them better than lots of people. After every trip to the grocery I leave wondering why that is over there and this is over here. The logic of not grouping stuff like mayo and mustard or peanut butter with the jelly kind of things seems abnormal, so I guess an erector set (if they still exist and the term allowed) next to Barbie isn't a completely foreign concept anyway.

Hmmm... I think you miss the point. Remember two weeks to flatten the curve? Look at how that snowballed into 12 months of lockdowns, mask mandates and curfews.

Dr, Seuss today will lead to far more later on. You liberals just don't know when to stop.
Buy all the copies left and read your heart out, or sell them for a profit. What an opportunity for conservative-minded people to make money off one another... you know you want to.

Regardless of the cancel culture, I probably still won't watch the remake/sequel of Space Jam because:

1. LeBron is overrated
2. Jordan is the GOAT and LeBron is overrated
3. It was a time period piece that dovetailed nicely with Jordan's return to the NBA

Easy enough.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Regardless of the cancel culture, I probably still won't watch the remake/sequel of Space Jam because:

1. LeBron is overrated
2. Jordan is the GOAT and LeBron is overrated
3. It was a time period piece that dovetailed nicely with Jordan's return to the NBA

Easy enough.
Also it will likely suck.

Buy all the copies left and read your heart out, or sell them for a profit. What an opportunity for conservative-minded people to make money off one another... you know you want to.
And you still don't get it.

You guys have become the very thing liberals called social conservatives 30 years ago... book burners.

And you still don't get it.

You guys have become the very thing liberals called social conservatives 30 years ago... book burners.
And you guys elected a fat Jim Jones except without any beliefs to speak of... evolution of thought is funny.

VN Store

Back