Cancel Dr. Seuss

Moochelle invited Dr Seuss to the WH for a foundation event. Guess it was ok then?

Reactions: GSD82
Wait...Dr Seuss is being banned but Rap music with N word and F every other word is ok?????

Is that music aimed at children? Does it have an explicit warning label on it? Is your analogy stupid?

And again... nothing is was โ€œbannedโ€. A private entity decided to discontinue a product. They arenโ€™t being forced to by a gov entity. It was their choice.

Is that music aimed at children? Does it have an explicit warning label on it? Is your analogy stupid?

And again... nothing is was โ€œbannedโ€. A private entity decided to discontinue a product. They arenโ€™t being forced to by a gov entity. It was their choice.
Lol

Sure but it seems like a very questionable one. Even with the warning label option available they choose to remove only the books and not other things equally offensive.

Sure but it seems like a very questionable one. Even with the warning label option available they choose to remove only the books and not other things equally offensive.

Not sure I follow. Are you speaking of the Seuss estate? What other offensive material should they discontinue?

Not sure I follow. Are you speaking of the Seuss estate? What other offensive material should they discontinue?
It's already been mentioned, they still sell songs and books with offensive lyrics. If the aim is to remove offensive material they aren't doing a very good job

Reactions: volinbham
It's already been mentioned, they still sell songs and books with offensive lyrics. If the aim is to remove offensive material they aren't doing a very good job

Are we still talking about the Seuss Estate or media as a whole. Did I miss other Seuss examples in the thread? I keep seeing the stupid comparison to WAP or rap lyrics in general.

I donโ€™t think the Seuss Estate controls what other companies want to distribute.

Also letโ€™s not act like there wasnโ€™t bipartisan hearings over rap lyrics in the 1990s. Itโ€™s what led to the Explicit Lyrics label.

Further, this type of discontinuation due to racial caricaturization is nothing new. There is a slew of WWII Looney Toons that featured Japanese caricatures that have been unavailable since the 1960s. That was WB choice as well.

Wow. But you can still get any Cardi B recordings.

You can still go on eBay and find all the discontinued Seuss books as well. โ€œBreaking 911โ€ is either FOS or got punkโ€™d by someone who is FOS.

Until supplies are gone you can still get them in the store as well.

Would you like to address the number of campaign promises delivered by both versus the one that they didn't keep or more importantly explicitly went the other direction....by EO......

I post on a variety of issues. Are you seriously asking me to cover the whole of two Presidential campaigns and administrations?

Reactions: Wireless1
Should I be outraged?
images

I post on a variety of issues. Are you seriously asking me to cover the whole of two Presidential campaigns and administrations?
Yes, and if you'd be so kind as to do it objectively and place it in a format that could easily be reference by other VN users....... I bet it'd get 10K likes in the first week and probably 100K references

VN Store

Back